Site Outage (12th of June 2016)

Doc_ZDoc_Z Lancashire, England.Posts: 7MI6 Agent
Hey guys,

Doc_Z from the secret behind the scenes cave here.

I just move ajb007 to a different server, sorry for the lack of notice. I didn't give SiCo much either, blame me for that.

But it's all done and everything appears to be good.

Doc.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Thank you, Doc.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Hey Doc,

Too bad that we've never met! {[]
    Thanks for keeping AJB afloat and best wishes
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Thank you very much, Doc_Z. I thought I knew all of the admins on here but obviously not. You must really be from the inner sanctum! :))

Thanks for all the great work that you do behind the scenes on the good ship AJB! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Doc_ZDoc_Z Lancashire, England.Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    I'm not really a forum admin by any definition, though I've been known to make minor bug fixes to the forum code. :s

About 13 years ago I went to the same uni as SiCo, and my services of hosting were pimped out through a mutual friend.

I've run/hosted the equipment it's used ever since. For the most part it's gone pretty fluidly, but as I've got older the time I've had to spend on such things has dropped sadly.

I'm moving the equipment that used to serve AJB007 (it would have be down for 3-4 hours), so it' had to be moved ahead of that. Hence the small outage, I'll need to move the site back to that equipment, but it should be a little smoother.

D.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Thanks Doc_Z -{ it's comforting to know there's one backroom boffin, keeping us running. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Yes we all agree running AJB in your spare time is a thankless task,and im sure every one hear will agree that you do a fantastic job
    I for one would have got bored years ago ,and sodded off .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?