The AJB Bucket List

CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent
Having just turned 60 and with a close friend passing away recently my maudlin thoughts have turned to things that I would like to do before my time is up. I have only included things that are achievable for me (omitting things like going to the Moon) but anyone can post what they want, achievable or not. You can always add to your list at any point and it would be great if anyone can post things when they have achieved a particular wish.

So let's start with:

Storm Chasing in the American mid-west.
Entering the Main Event in the World Series Of Poker in Las Vegas.
A road trip to all 50 states in the US.
Visit Loch Ness (the one time I was up that way I just didn't have the time to go).
Visit Venice.
Go to the Grand National.
See the Northern Lights.
Publish a book.
Swim with dolphins.
Watch a space rocket launch in person.

Who's next?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    As I'm not very adventurous or feel the need for excitement, my list would be very boring and short. :#

To do an African safari ( To photograph the wildlife)

And that's about it really, short and boring ! :)). ( Although, I'll give it a bit more thought )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I've been very fortunate having done many of my bucket list things already:

Visiting New York City and San Francisco
    Approaching Kai Tak airport in HK
    Visiting James Bond Island
    Swimming in Robin Master's tidal pool on Hawaii
    Being an extra in a James Bond movie
    Buying myself a Rolex
    Skiing Piz Gloria
    Crossing the Atlantic on a ship

What still remains open is visiting Mt Everest Base Camp and see the sun rise over the summit.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I've been very fortunate having done many of my bucket list things already:

Visiting New York City and San Francisco
    Visiting James Bond Island
    Swimming in Robin Master's tidal pool on Hawaii
    Being an extra in a James Bond movie
    Buying myself a Rolex
    Skiing Piz Gloria
    Crossing the Atlantic on a ship

What still remains open is visiting Mt Everest Base Camp and see the sun rise over the summit.

Higgy, you must tell me of your James Bond extra experience that sounds fascinating.
    He posed as one of the girls round Gonzale's swimming pool. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited June 2016

Higgy, you must tell me of your James Bond extra experience that sounds fascinating.

I've posted it somewhere, but in short:

I've been "The bloke on the backseat" in the second passing Mercedes Baddie Car during the Hamburg Atlantic Hotel scenes in TND.

bildschirmfotoxgtvfndkc6.png

I've gotten paid for 2 days shooting - saw Pierce during those days enjoying his job and just being an incredibly nice person to everybody {[]

They did not pay me enough money for this.
    Me in a bikini - priceless :p

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

They did not pay me enough money for this.
    Me in a bikini - priceless :p

Wearing lovely green stilettos :o

image.jpg
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:

I've been "The bloke on the backseat" in the second passing Mercedes Baddie Car during the Hamburg Atlantic Hotel scenes in TND.

I've gotten paid for 2 days shooting - saw Pierce during those days enjoying his job and just being an incredibly nice person to everybody {[]

Amazing stuff {[] I would add it to my list but I don't know anyone of influence :))
    You just have to be pretty - like myself :D

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,709MI6 Agent
    Traveling the Orient Express
    Traveling the Transiberian railway
    Visiting St Peterburg, Moscow, India and China
    Visiting the US (especially the east coast and LA)
    Backstage pass to the Victoria's Secret show
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I don't really have a bucket list ,I just did them ,there are things that I would like to have done /seen but my aim now is to live long enough to collect all my pensions :D
    ive climbed Dunns river falls (DR NO) swam with dolphins ,(Bahamas)driven an Aston ,had a bespoke suit (twice) got the Rolex ,got my wife a Rolex ,Done Disney Florida(6 times) done Paris ,done New York,done Rome, I just want to grow old now ,and watch my grandson grow up.i wouldn't mind joining number 24 at the back stage pass :)) my wife wants to see polar bears ,so we are off to Vancouver next year ,but knowing my luck the buggers will be asleep.
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

That's a fantastic experience and I am very jealous. I have now elevated you to the top position in the list of "AJBers most likely to be paid for an autograph-signing appearance."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,648MI6 Agent
    Write and publish a book.
    Visit Venice, Italy.
    Visit Greece.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Number24 wrote:
    Backstage pass to the Victoria's Secret show

Dammit! Now that you mention it, I realize at all my previous goals have been peanuts :))

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Go to the Grand National.

I was brought up a mile or so away from the race course. My parents still live there and I've never been and have no intention of going.
    Funny how you never do the things on your doorstep.

Higgins wrote:

I've done this one but never realised how dangerous it was until a few years ago :)) :))

I've never really thought of a bucket list. Like AS I've been fortunate enough to do the majority of things I've fancied doing and like Thunderpussy I'm not very adventurous so I dont want to go white water rafting or anything.

Wouldn't mind, going to Vegas. Haven't managed that yet.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Traveling the Orient Express

I really fancied this until I saw a programme on it recently. It looked fabulous but there are no shower/bathing facilities ... really put me off :#
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff
    Pushing 60, and my main obsession is music. I'm in a working band and my lifelong plan has been to make records (well, nowadays CDs of course) containing original songs which I have done (2 CDs available through the usual outlets. 3rd being worked on) and do regular gigs singing them to the public, which I do. The regret is that I would have liked to have achieved this in my 20s or 30s, but but what can you do! :))
    My secret ambition is to work on a Bond theme- ideally to write the lyrics or music, but I'd settle for playing one of the instruments!
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    I don't have a bucket list - I figure if you never get round to them you'll just die disappointed!

I just do stuff when the mood takes me (with my wifes permission of course!)
    Barbel wrote:
    I'm in a working band and my lifelong plan has been to make records (well, nowadays CDs of course) containing original songs which I have done (2 CDs available through the usual outlets. 3rd being worked on)

Any chance of knowing the name of your band, Barbel, I would like to purchase the CD's while I'm over here.
    They are called "the old and permanently drunk Scotsmen" or like that :D

Ah! I see!

Oliver Twist we call it from where I come from in London Town :)) (Rhyming slang)
    I thought it was One Direction ? :v
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    I'm in a working band and my lifelong plan has been to make records (well, nowadays CDs of course) containing original songs which I have done (2 CDs available through the usual outlets. 3rd being worked on)

Any chance of knowing the name of your band, Barbel, I would like to purchase the CD's while I'm over here.

I will reply for Barbel They are called the SKUNNERED ,good Scottish folk music with great Scottish accents
    "good morning Glasgow toon (town) springs to mind :D

I hope ye didnee mind Barbel :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I thought it was One Direction ? :v

More like "Wrong Direction" :D

It's the only bleedin' direction we know.... :D

Have a listen here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/best-laid-plans/id688598391
    Just purchased "Good Morning Glasgow Town" on Google Play Music -{
    Wow, that's great CHB! :)
    The 2nd album has a bigger production (sax, keyboards, violin, etc) + we're working on the 3rd right now.
    GMGT was so good I have just purchased album #2 -{

I will also add "to see The Skunnered live in concert to my bucket list :))
    ;%