Shortest release dates?

Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
What is the shortest release time between two James Bond films?
"I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    The first four Bond films were released with the shortest gaps, with the shortest gap between From Russia with Love and Goldfinger. From Russia with Love was released on 1 October 1963 and Goldfinger was released 18 September 1964. These are the only Bond films with less than a year between their release dates.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Thank you. I thought it would be Connery or Moore films, the later ones seemed to take forever..they probably didn't.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Ammo08 wrote:
    Thank you. I thought it would be Connery or Moore films, the later ones seemed to take forever..they probably didn't.

The gaps between all of the films from YOLT to TSWLM were inconsistent, ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 years, and then from TSWLM to LTK I believe they were all 2 year gaps, released in the summer. Then since GE they've all been autumn releases.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Although I've said it before, here goes: I really do miss those 2 year gaps.
    One year is great when a series is fresh, but 2 is perfect IMO. Enough space for a breather between films, whereas with 3-4 years the general audience begins to lose Bond awareness. I've spoken to many who assumed the series was pretty much finished during a 3-4 year break.
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    I would love a gap of 2-3 years.

3 years feels so long but also really pumps you up for a new one. I feel 2 years I'd love at first but after a while it wouldn't feel like such a special event.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I was perfectly happy with the 2 year pumping action. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,506Chief of Staff
    I was perfectly happy with the 2 year pumping action. ;)

And so is your wife :))
    YNWA 97
    :)) she needed the rest .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,202Chief of Staff
    :)) she needed the rest .

old_man_8.jpg

?
    Yes, I use it as a Splint. ;) :p
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,202Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The first four Bond films were released with the shortest gaps, with the shortest gap between From Russia with Love and Goldfinger. From Russia with Love was released on 1 October 1963 and Goldfinger was released 18 September 1964. These are the only Bond films with less than a year between their release dates.

And noone would seriously label GF 'having been rushed' :D

Good old times!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

And noone would seriously label GF 'having been rushed' :D

Good old times!

Yes, indeed, and nowadays they can barely get them thrown together several years apart! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    Although I've said it before, here goes: I really do miss those 2 year gaps.
    One year is great when a series is fresh, but 2 is perfect IMO. Enough space for a breather between films, whereas with 3-4 years the general audience begins to lose Bond awareness. I've spoken to many who assumed the series was pretty much finished during a 3-4 year break.

I'm sure my disappointment with Spectre was to some extent fueled by the gap. The same happened with Skyfall. I was so pumped up to see a new Bond film I was swept up in the momentum. I left the Cinema both on premiere screenings happy enough. After a very short time I felt short-changed by both (Skyfall less so) I think I'll keep away as unless the next one is a doozy I'm likely to be disappointed. One positive is that every new Bonds inaugural outing is in my view his best. They really do seem to pull all the stops out to introduce the new fella. Shame that they get so lazy mid term.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.