Fifty Shades of Bond brands

Was pleasantly surprised to see Jamie Dornan wearing the Billy Reid 'Bond" peacoat, an Omega watch (seamaster?) and some All Saints stuff on the set of Fifty Shades Darker. In the last film he wore an Omega Aqua Terra and an outfit that was almost an exact copy of Bond's Haiti outfit in QOS. Seems like he or the costume designer could be Bond fans.

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

image.jpg

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Say what you want about the movie (4.1 on IMDB speaks for itself), but the men's clothing in it is excellent. Saw it with the girlfriend and was paying way more attention to the costume design than to the plot!

Do you happen to have any shots of that Haiti outfit from the last movie, I can't really remember it?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Say what you want about the movie (4.1 on IMDB speaks for itself), but the men's clothing in it is excellent. Saw it with the girlfriend and was paying way more attention to the costume design than to the plot!

Do you happen to have any shots of that Haiti outfit from the last movie, I can't really remember it?

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg
  • JoviusJovius Albuquerque, NMPosts: 42MI6 Agent
    Well that's a curious choice. Peacoats aren't really meant to be worn over a suit or sport coat. They may have sized up to get the right fit, but a 3/4 length topcoat would have looked better still if they wanted him to look modern.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jovius wrote:
    Well that's a curious choice. Peacoats aren't really meant to be worn over a suit or sport coat. They may have sized up to get the right fit, but a 3/4 length topcoat would have looked better still if they wanted him to look modern.

I agree! A pea coat over a suit isn't a good look.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    These look like the Henry's but they probably arnt. And are suede jackets big this season?
    Full_Size_Render_2.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    These look like the Henry's but they probably arnt. And are suede jackets big this season?
    Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

Henry look alikes, dark blue/greyish suede jacket, navy polo...Geez, if someone posted a shot of themselves with that look in the budget Bond thread, that would go down as a brilliant "different ways to wear it" alternatives example.
    JTM wrote:
    Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

Henry look alikes, dark blue/greyish suede jacket, navy polo...Geez, if someone posted a shot of themselves with that look in the budget Bond thread, that would go down as a brilliant "different ways to wear it" alternatives example.
    not to mention the Omega he's wearing! And the jacket does remind me a lot of the John Varavatos one, which is coincidentally a brand he wore alot in the last film.

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    The watch is definitely a Seamaster Professional 300M with ceramic bezel in blue. Lovely watch!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    It really seems like Dornan's entire wardrobe in this film consists of DC/Bond brands. Here he's wearing the Billy Reid 'Bond' Peacoat with a Rag and Bone thermal. But other familiar Brands in the film are Tom Ford, Omega, All Saints, Neil Barrett, J.Crew.
    JD1.jpg
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    I think it's a revealing choice by the costumer. She wants Dornan's character to project affluent, unselfconscious masculinity. So she mimics the recent Bond films. I think it says a lot about what the producers think their (largely) female audience find attractive.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Pretty damn lazy :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Cheverian wrote:
    She wants Dornan's character to project affluent, unselfconscious masculinity.
    Yeah I can kinda sense that, even beyond the wardrobe. In the first film (absolutely awful by the way) he was really skinny and "boyish" looking. This time he's bulked up, got shorter hair and now sports stubble.