Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

MajorBoothroydMajorBoothroyd A World Without WantPosts: 81MI6 Agent
Hope this isnt not allowed here. Who do you think is going to win? Trump? Hillary? OR Johnson? Stein?
"Never let them see you bleed."

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Two horse race really isn't it? I think Clinton will edge it, though Trump will run her close I think.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Well if my thread on the next British Prime Minister can be allowed (and we all behave sensibly) then I can't see why this thread wouldn't be allowed.

On the US election it's too close to call. I think Hillary Clinton will probably win in the end though. I don't think that if I was a US citizen I could bring myself to vote for any of them however.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Hope this isnt not allowed here.

As long as everyone stays civil, it's allowed.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Well if my thread on the next British Prime Minister can be allowed

Same answer! (as you know, of course, SM :) )
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Well if my thread on the next British Prime Minister can be allowed

Same answer! (as you know, of course, SM :) )

Thanks, Barbel. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I fear Trump might win it. Clinton is in trouble in more ways than one. The DNC allowing Bernie to take his rightful place is our best hope...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Dear god, please don't let that happen :o

On the other hand, Trump messed up with Latinos, African American and many women and I am asking myself how he could win like that.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent
    After the Brexit vote success it will be Trump by a landslide.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    After the Brexit vote success it will be Trump by a landslide.

I'm afraid you're likely correct.
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    I fear Trump might win it. Clinton is in trouble in more ways than one. The DNC allowing Bernie to take his rightful place is our best hope...

We (Australia) have our Federal election this Saturday and I wouldn't give the time of day to either candidate but we have (compulsory) to vote so I'll toss a coin.

In saying that, if I were in the USA and my choice was Clinton or Trump I'd vote for Homer Simpson 8-)
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    Whichever candidate gets the Federal Reserve to stump up enough cash so that Kevin Bacon doesn't have to make those awful adverts anymore.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    You want him to be cut loose .....

....footloose Kick off your Sunday shoes
    Please, Louise, pull me off of my knees..... :D

OGG007, in Australia, with the compulsory voting. Can you only vote for a candidate or is
    There a box you can tick to say you like neither, or some sort of protest ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I have voted in every presidential election since 1988 (I missed being old enough to vote in the 1984 election by one week), and this is the first time I'm so nauseated by both major party choices that I'm opting out. At the moment I'm supporting the Libertarian Gary Johnson. I actually do lean libertarian in my own politics, so maybe I can feel good about doing this. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    You want him to be cut loose .....

....footloose Kick off your Sunday shoes
    Please, Louise, pull me off of my knees..... :D

OGG007, in Australia, with the compulsory voting. Can you only vote for a candidate or is
    There a box you can tick to say you like neither, or some sort of protest ?
    Only you could have the words please louise pull me off in a political thread. Tsk Tsk :D
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I say Tom Hiddleston!!!

I don't live in the U.S. and therefore thankfully don't have this dilemma, but if I did I simply couldn't vote for either of them. If there was even the most miniscule chance of Trump winning, then I'd have to vote for Clinton. If Clinton looked to have a comfortable lead (the last poll I saw had her up by 12 points on him), I'd have to spoil my ballot which I know is little better than not voting at all, but at least I'm doing something!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    With Trump as the Republican nominee there is no conversation to be had. Clinton is politics as usual, but President Trump is a nightmare scenario. Low voter turnout is the only way he can win, so sitting it out is a vote for Trump. Voting for a third party candidate is a vote for Trump.
    You are right HH, Trump's best bet is low voter turnout. His base support is very solid and will get out to vote whatever happens. Fortunately, his base support is relatively low (Trump got almost 14 million votes in the Republican primaries which is a lot - although let's not forget that it's still less than Cruz/Rubio/Kasich combined, ie less than half of all Republican votes cast - which is also less than Hillary got in the Democratic primaries in 2008 when she lost to Obama). However, if people who don't want Trump don't bother to vote because they're confident that Clinton will win, or because it's raining, or they want to watch the baseball or whatever, with Trump's committed base added to traditional Republican-voters and anti-Clintons, Clinton cannot take anything for granted.
    Low turnout is very much a possibility, as with the EU referendum over here. Many who
    are now complaining, didn't bother to vote on the day. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'd love to hear from OGG007 how compulsory voting works, and what the penalties are for not voting (and the likelihood of caught and prosecuted). I approve of the notion of compulsory voting, but I'd like to know more about the specifics and yes, TP, there should also be a 'None of the above' option.
  • MajorBoothroydMajorBoothroyd A World Without WantPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    With Trump as the Republican nominee there is no conversation to be had. Clinton is politics as usual, but President Trump is a nightmare scenario. Low voter turnout is the only way he can win, so sitting it out is a vote for Trump. Voting for a third party candidate is a vote for Trump.
    I'd like to pen up a discussion. Why in your view do you consider Hillary politics as usual and Trump a "Nighmare Scenario"?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    I say Tom Hiddleston!!!

:))

[...and this will be my only post here. Thank you...and out.]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Trump supporters will likely be too drunk on election day to vote. A small positive here...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    chrisisall wrote:
    Trump supporters will likely be too drunk on election day to vote. A small positive here...
    I would like if we could have a policy discussion rather than a mudfest. 8-)
    chrisisall wrote:
    I would like if we could have a policy discussion rather than a mudfest. 8-)
    Any by the way I'm a Trump Supporter! :D
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    But Trump doesn't have any policies. He's fearmongering.

Everything out of his mouth suggests he understands neither the duties nor the responsibilities of president. As recently as a month ago, he didn't know what Brexit was: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/25/trump-claims-brexit-victory-as-validation/

Trump hired a reality TV crew to follow him during his campaign because he was planning to drop out, then fired them after six months once he decided to make a go of it. He has no plan. He is as surprised as anyone he's got the nomination.

Clinton is a career politician, hence "politics as usual." But as I said, the presence of Trump ends the discussion. I would vote for the fictional President Camacho from Idiocracy before voting for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VUHtn47zh0

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/274529-former-super-pac-strategist-trump-didnt-want-to-be-president
    But Trump doesn't have any policies. He's fearmongering.

Everything out of his mouth suggests he understands neither the duties nor the responsibilities of president. As recently as a month ago, he didn't know what Brexit was: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/25/trump-claims-brexit-victory-as-validation/

Trump hired a reality TV crew to follow him during his campaign because he was planning to drop out, then fired them after six months once he decided to make a go of it. He has no plan. He is as surprised as anyone he's got the nomination.

Clinton is a career politician, hence "politics as usual." But as I said, the presence of Trump ends the discussion. I would vote for the fictional President Camacho from Idiocracy before voting for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VUHtn47zh0

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/274529-former-super-pac-strategist-trump-didnt-want-to-be-president
    Not sure what youtube video about golf from 2013 has to do with anything, Also Super PACs are in no way affiliated with any campaign or commitee, so more than likely hes spouting #$%@ to get attention. By the way hes said this right after Trump disavowed super PACs during the primaries, which without a doupt means he's not telling truth.
    I'd love to hear from OGG007 how compulsory voting works, and what the penalties are for not voting (and the likelihood of caught and prosecuted). I approve of the notion of compulsory voting, but I'd like to know more about the specifics and yes, TP, there should also be a 'None of the above' option.

To yourself and TP who enquired re: compulsory voting in Australia. Voting is compulsory in not only the Federal election, but also the State and local Council elections.

Federal elections are held every 3 years, State every 4 and Council every 5.

I've attached a link that may be of interest but in a nutshell, on polling day you are required to go to a polling booth and have your name crossed off a list. If you are unable to make it on that specific day you can choose to vote early (approx. 3 - 4 weeks prior). Failure to vote would result in a fine or community service unless you have a valid reason for not voting.

The 'None of the above' option isn't an option but as you may know votes are cast on pieces of paper that only the voter can write on and you go to a booth and choose who you want to vote for. Only candidates names are there. Your name isn't on the paper you write (vote) on as your name has already been crossed out at the registry. So, as this is confidential the 'None of the above' option although technically speaking isn't an option, if you don't want to choose any candidate you can cast an 'informal vote' i.e.; not completed properly - therefore your vote doesn't count which means yes - in a sense you have chosen the 'None of the above' option whether that be deliberate or by accident.

I hope that helps in some way but feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer as best I can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_voting
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I'm still waiting until someone mentions Idris Elba 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Thanks OGG007, are "spoiled " votes counted, and if a high percentage found. Could it be used
    to point out the public didn't have much faith in either option ?
    Thanks OGG007, are "spoiled " votes counted, and if a high percentage found. Could it be used
    to point out the public didn't have much faith in either option ?

Hi TP , 'spoiled' votes aren't counted because they can't be as the form was filled out incorrectly therefore it's inaccurate and is therefore an informal vote (doesn't and can't count).

In answer to your last but very good question - (in my opinion at least) the answer is definitely yes but it won't make any difference. The statistics (spoiled votes) are quite substantial when you're talking millions of voters but that won't bother the powers that be. Quite simply, even after only after a few short years in politics, politicians are extremely well looked after financially, courtesy of the taxpayer and a few damning statistics won't bother them. Politicians aren't held in high regard (and rightly so) here and they are usually more miss than hit with most people regardless of whom you vote for.

http://www.aec.gov.au/voting/informal_voting/summary.htm
This discussion has been closed.