Topic: Bond 25 Theme: Artist

Despite the fact Bond 25 is probably a good few years away, is there anybody now you'd like to see do the theme for it? Personally, I would like Shirley Bassey to do one final theme, as her QoS theme is the best Bond song since YKMN. Any other ideas?

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

Re: Bond 25 Theme: Artist

Radiohead should be given another shot!!!

There are plenty of others that would also be great choices. Lady GaGa's voice is perfect for the ambience of a bond theme. Nick Cave would also be an inspired choice - something spooky and cool ala "Red Right Hand". Those are the first few that come to my mind

Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wis … 80413?mt=2

Here's a couple of people out of left field whose music I really like and I don't think would disappoint given the opportunity.

Bic Runga (New Zealand) has a smooth voice in my opinion and Chris Rea who has a dark, raspy voice.  Given the right theme/words depending on the film, I'd be happy if either one got the gig.   ajb007/martini   ajb007/martini

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

I 'discovered' Bic Runga on a trip to NZ some years ago and she is absolutely fantastic, what an amazing voice. I can't understand why she hasn't made it internationally given that she's so much better than many who are Global superstars.

Whoever is chosen will be an artist with significant international popularity. We may have our own favorites who may even be more suitable but as my uncle used to say: "Bulls..t walks and money talks".  My personal wish is that 1) David Arnold returns to do the score 2) whoever does the theme collaborates with Arnold on the theme and the theme is incorporated into the score.

My vote would go to Muse, they already have some Bond-esque sounding songs. Wouldn't mind Shirley bassey either.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I still love the idea of Lady Gaga doing a theme,  she's a talented lyricist.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

I think Arnold returning is a must, Lady gaga could work as long as she steers well away from madonnas bond influence!!

Absolutely, but I think The Lady Gaga  could do a great "Big theatrical" song. I
Also agree, Get D Arnold  back  ajb007/martini

I'm not a big Lady Gaga fan, but she has displayed a lot of stylistic range, has a history of working well with other artists, and would probably respect the Bond musical canon if afforded the opportunity. If she can sing jazz classics with Tony Bennett she could work with David Arnold on a Bond song. I don't particularly care for Madonna at all; as an artist or her public persona. Her Bond song was the worst ever IMO. The QOS theme (which is not good) is GF compared to DAF.

Agree on that horrific Madonna effort, and agree on her questionable persona. Quite like the qos instrumentals but the screeching singing is awful.

I quite like Madonna's dance version, played over the end titles. Not for a
Theme obviously, but as a dance tune . ajb007/wink

I wouldn't mind U2 being given a shot...their Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, from the largely dreadful "Batman Forever," proves that they're capable...and of course writing the song "GoldenEye."

But I imagine that the theme song and artist are further down the list of Eon's priorities; certainly below issues such as a workable script and agreeing upon a distribution deal.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

I have been thinking for years that "Hold me, kiss me, kill me" would have been an excelent Bond title song.

A more unconventional Bond song, like "Live and let die."

It's a shame that the late great David Bowie never had a shot at a Bond theme. Bowie's Cat People Theme (Putting Out the Fire) was the most Bond, non-Bond theme song. Some minor lyrical changes and it would have make a great Bond theme.

HowardB wrote:

It's a shame that the late great David Bowie never had a shot at a Bond theme. Bowie's Cat People Theme (Putting Out the Fire) was the most Bond, non-Bond theme song. Some minor lyrical changes and it would have make a great Bond theme.

He would have been perfect for a Bond theme. British and extremely talented. But John Barry wouldn't have worked with him, and I don't think Marvin Hamlisch or Bill Conti would have either. It would have had to be LTK or later, and he could have done a better job than any theme then (though I like TWINE).

I always wanted Bowie to do a Bond theme ajb007/frown

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller

Loeffelholz wrote:

Live And Let's Dance?
Diamond Dogs Are Forever?
GoldenYears?

ajb007/embarrassed  ...I'll get my coat.

Barbel wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

Live And Let's Dance?
Diamond Dogs Are Forever?
GoldenYears?

ajb007/embarrassed  ...I'll get my coat.

ajb007/tongue    ajb007/lol

Matt S wrote:
HowardB wrote:

He would have been perfect for a Bond theme. British and extremely talented. But John Barry wouldn't have worked with him, and I don't think Marvin Hamlisch or Bill Conti would have either. It would have had to be LTK or later, and he could have done a better job than any theme then (though I like TWINE).

Barry apparently wanted control over the theme song which wasn't a problem until EON wanted to start bringing in performers who also wrote their own material. Barry's themes were integral to the entire score and you certainly can't argue with the quality and success of those classic themes and scores.

HowardB wrote:
Matt S wrote:
HowardB wrote:

Barry apparently wanted control over the theme song which wasn't a problem until EON wanted to start bringing in performers who also wrote their own material. Barry's themes were integral to the entire score and you certainly can't argue with the quality and success of those classic themes and scores.

I agree. I'm glad they always let Barry (and Hamlisch and Conti) have control over the title theme. But I'm sure David Bowie would have been willing to work with Barry. He collaborated on a film score with jazz composers Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays for a film called The Falcon and the Snowman. Bowie wrote the lyrics to (and sung) a song in the film that two score composers wrote. I think he wrote the melody also because the instrumental version has a different melody in some parts. I don't know if John Barry would have been okay with Bowie changing the melody to fit the lyrics of a song Barry wrote (probably not).

Matt S makes a good point. There could have been a completely different dynamic and level of respect with regards to a collaboration with Bowie on Barry's part as opposed to whatever pop flavour of the moment they might have wanted to have him work with. Bowie's history shows he was willing and able to collaborate with others.

Robbie Williams.  Although he would probably want the lead role as well!

I'd love to hear a Lana Del Rey theme tune.

You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us

I'd love to hear Chris Cornell or Adele return if some would return. Otherwise I think Imagine Dragons or Linkin Park could make something nice, but they both have a style you just have to like. For me they'd be great, I think both those groups can pull of a really great Bondsong.

MI6Community: DoubleOGeauss
YouTube: DutchJamesBondFan