What is this??

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    They have the rights in Canada. Have they given up adapting FYEO in favour of OHMSS?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Would that mean that whatever they make could only be shown in Canada, though? If so, it's going to have a tiny budget and still have little chance of recouping its costs.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Also, if you look at the 'similar results', there are a bunch other 'bond films' that I never knew about. Fan-made?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Would that mean that whatever they make could only be shown in Canada, though? If so, it's going to have a tiny budget and still have little chance of recouping its costs.

For the most part it won't have a large market, but it can also be shown in China, which is a large market.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    As soon as it hits china, Pirate copies galore :D and I think everyone iincluding the
    Chinese will expect high quality.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Correct TP. China's a large market but not necessarily a lucrative market when compared with its size and population.
    Correct TP. China's a large market but not necessarily a lucrative market when compared with its size and population.

China is still a huge market. For Spectre it was third after North America and the UK. With a budget along the lines of a larger scale television production it could be financially successful, and if the money is spent well it could look fantastic like so many television shows do today.
    I'm not sure that those sorts of budgets exist in television and movie production in Canada, except in Quebec or when partnered by overseas production companies or channels. I guess a Canadian production company could partner with China to make it, but they certainly wouldn't get any money from their usual partners in the U.S., U.K., Ireland or elsewhere in Europe because of the inability to show or broadcast any such production.

My guess is that it would either be very low budget and look it, or more likely, will just never get made.