15 people are attacked by Afghan refugee wielding axe on train

welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
Horror as 15 people are attacked by 17-year-old Afghan refugee wielding an AXE and shouting 'Allahu Akbar' in German train

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3696410/Man-attacks-21-people-AXE-train-Germany-shot-police.html

God what the hell is this world coming to?
Instagram - bondclothes007

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It does seem to be becoming increasingly crazier :# more poor innocent victims.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Crazy! :#

However, I wonder, if that news would have made the international tabloid headlines, if the offender was german.
    Let's keep in mind that the criminality rate among refugees is not higher than with local people here.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm afraid these things are going to become more common :#
    And things like this just effect regular people, race hate crimes are also fuelled by attacks like this.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    Something like it happened on bus here a few years ago. It's nice to hear that refugees/non-western immigrants have the same crime rate as the origional population in Germany. In Norway it's higher :#
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Very sad and frightening. Glad it's only an anomaly...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

However, I wonder, if that news would have made the international tabloid headlines, if the offender was german.
    Let's keep in mind that the criminality rate among refugees is not higher than with local people here.

It would have unquestionably made all international headlines (not merely tabloid) if the attacker had been a 17 year old German white supremacist who attacked a Muslim family while shouting a recognisable phrase.

Any political/racial/terror/hate attack will be reported regardless of the attacker's leaning, victims or their sanity.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    Some Morrocan guy in France attacked a woman cuz she was not properly dressed 8-)
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Unfortunately that's what most commercial media are like. Looking for cheap sensationalism instead of a balance coverage. Nowadays you are automatically only a terrorist if you are not white.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    [sigh]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited July 2016
    Loeffs,

I still respect you and your opinion, but this is now the second sarcastic remark at a very sad topic.

Sarcasm is great - it confirms your own political point of view and you can rest saying "I knew it/I know it better/I've always said it etc.) - a self-centered and point of view which does not move us any further because everybody stays in their trenches. Prime example how and why our societies are so polarized now.
    And the best thing about sarcasm - you don't need attempt to understand opposing opinions.

We know that you would prefer to not having any Muslim population at all around you - bless that you are living on a kind of island.
    Here in Germany, we have 9 different direct neighbours (different cultures/different history/different interests/different religions) and we've fought many wars with most of them over the centuries and we are trying to get along with them. That's something the US and UK don't have.
    Africa is only 40 miles away from out continent and the crisis region in the Middle East has a land connection basically to our front doors.
    Now someone could say that fences/walls are the solution for the problem (If you are willing to accept that people are drowning and starving at the other side of that wall) - but a 30 feet wall results only in an increased demand for 31 feet ladders.

I don't share Jag's opinion on this and I have no intention to justify the attack here from last Monday.

But sad thing is that any random loser in his opinion can elevate his horrible crimes by referring to ISIS.

As for today, it seems, that the offender came as a refugee, was not overly religious and was on the way to become a well integrated citizen here. Nobody knows what happened in the last days but he was not a prime example (to which you prefer to refer) that terrorists use the refugee situation to infiltrate us with their people.

I am not saying that this is impossible, but it's hardly the rule.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    But sad thing is that any random loser in his opinion can elevate his horrible crimes

Unfortunately you are correct...it's a guaranteed way for these idiots to get more press coverage for their senseless acts :#
    YNWA 97
    and we in our terror paranoia totally fall for it. X-(

Higgins wrote:
    and we in our terror paranoia totally fall for it. X-(

Again, true :#

It's much more of a 'story' for the media if they can link it to terrorism in any way at all...no matter how tenuous the link !
    YNWA 97
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    In principal I agree, the media tend to over-dramatize.

However, speaking of tenuous links: A video from the attacker threatening his attack and explaining his "reasons", referring to Islam, the IS etc; an IS flag in his room, and the infamous allahu akbar shout. If that is tenuous, what would be considered tangible?

Of course one can claim that all of this is falsified, however at this point any discussion of current events becomes useless (because nothing can be believed).

Also, Wikipedia defines terrorism as "the use or threatened use of violence (terror) in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim". I am confused (like Le Chiffre ;) ), are you saying this did not occur here?
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
    Are you asking me?

However, speaking of tenuous links: A video from the attacker threatening his attack and explaining his "reasons", referring to Islam, the IS etc; an IS flag in his room, and the infamous allahu akbar shout. If that is tenuous, what would be considered tangible

All of which he knew would be found/leaked and the media would devour it...therefore giving him the media coverage he craved...any ranting lunatic will/could use the same 'logic' to 'justify' their actions...
    A tangible link is most common when the person is 'known' to the Security Forces...
    YNWA 97
    Ok so let's say there exists a possibility that he was just a copycat craving for attention and used the islamist terrorism label as a facade.

What I don't understand is why that is so much more plausible to you than the possibility that he was, in fact, an islamist terrorist?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Looks like the UK nearly had a Lee Rigby type situation today - thank god the guy got away

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3700306/British-airman-attacked-knife-wielding-assailants-outside-RAF-base-raids-launched-against-ISIS-possible-terror-attack.html

Frikkin crazy times when a serviceman cant wear his uniform in public (this guy wasn't but just happened to be jogging near his base)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Looks like the UK nearly had a Lee Rigby type situation today - thank god the guy got away

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3700306/British-airman-attacked-knife-wielding-assailants-outside-RAF-base-raids-launched-against-ISIS-possible-terror-attack.html

Frikkin crazy times when a serviceman cant wear his uniform in public (this guy wasn't but just happened to be jogging near his base)
    This is very concerning, fortunately he fought off his would be attackers and made his escape.
    The released details are somewhat sketchy but I think the raf and military police know more, the line a dark ford galaxy type vehicle. I beleieve this guy is a pilot, if so he would be able to give far more accurate details, I'm quite amazed that security at our bases isn't on full detail as it should be as we are infact at war.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    However, speaking of tenuous links: A video from the attacker threatening his attack and explaining his "reasons", referring to Islam, the IS etc; an IS flag in his room, and the infamous allahu akbar shout. If that is tenuous, what would be considered tangible

All of which he knew would be found/leaked and the media would devour it...therefore giving him the media coverage he craved...any ranting lunatic will/could use the same 'logic' to 'justify' their actions...
    A tangible link is most common when the person is 'known' to the Security Forces...

UK security forces are only aware of around 60% of active extremists deemed capable of such an attack. Some of these only because petty crimes flag up and a downward spiral of behaviour puts them on file after they follow a certain pattern of such behaviour. The one that's sat in his room commiting no crimes being radicalised through the Internet and one day chooses to wreak terror is near on impossible to detect. Major incidents become more obvious as "chatter" dies right down alerting us something is imminent. Detecting where and when is a needle in a haystack.
    Ok so let's say there exists a possibility that he was just a copycat craving for attention and used the islamist terrorism label as a facade.

What I don't understand is why that is so much more plausible to you than the possibility that he was, in fact, an islamist terrorist?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

I didn't say it was ?:)
    YNWA 97
    I may not have understood your point then.
    I may not have understood your point then.

I don't think you did - probably as I wasn't actually making a point...it was merely an extension of Higgins post -{
    YNWA 97
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

This is very concerning, fortunately he fought off his would be attackers and made his escape.
    The released details are somewhat sketchy but I think the raf and military police know more, the line a dark ford galaxy type vehicle. I beleieve this guy is a pilot, if so he would be able to give far more accurate details, I'm quite amazed that security at our bases isn't on full detail as it should be as we are infact at war.

Apparently a Rock Ape not pilot , sounds like they got blood samples from his knuckles (not his blood :D ) for DNA testing.
    :)) in that they are lucky to have got away at all
    Lets hope they catch the scum quickly
    Amazing isn't it, raf can track a bear bomber taking off in Russia but can't find a ford galaxy in Norfolk??
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I hope they will be quickly caught and charged with terrorism X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    They will be, I'm confident of that, but can they be charged with terrorism?
    edited July 2016
    Chriscoop wrote:
    They will be, I'm confident of that, but can they be charged with terrorism?

2 men, large knife, RAF base, regular jogging route for servicemen - only thing missing is the ISIS flag if I was Hercule Poirot.

I know what you mean though....