**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
Right folks I have once again been tirelessly working away with TF Milan trying to get them to remake the original TF QoS Harrington Jacket (made of 100% cotton) and they are finally entertaining the idea but in order to fully determine the feasibility and price I need to gather a list of interested people (numbers).

I would assume that its going to be in the 2000 EURO ballpark, possibly more so please only submit your name if you are interested and no time wasters that we has with the tie project.

UPDATE: I would also assume that the jackets will be made in standard sizes, taxes will be taken off for those who live outside of the EU however you may incur customs and duties when it arrives at the destination country. Shipping will be an additional charge on-top of the cost of the jacket

UPDATE - 29/09/2016
Finally we have a price for the jacket it will be €1990 and €1631.15 for non eu residents (hurry up BREXIT). Prices do not include shipping.

*STALE LIST*
CONFIRMED:
**NAMES REMOVED **

TOTAL: 40

Comments

• 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    I am so in!!! Thanks Simon!
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    +1 - I'm in. Thanks
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited July 2016
    Hope this one comes off - possibly the "ultimate" Daniel Craig jacket?

The holy grail :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Hope this own comes off - possibly the "ultimate" Daniel Craig jacket?

Not the Layer Cake Dunhill or Dragon Tattoo Moncler? ;)
    I agree it is the best Bond piece although I would never part with the other two (unless for silly money!!). I do hope it comes off to complete the trinity as it will be the one out of the 3 I would wear most!
    edited July 2016
    sruzgar wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Hope this own comes off - possibly the "ultimate" Daniel Craig jacket?

Not the Layer Cake Dunhill or Dragon Tattoo Moncler? ;)

Nah Harrington for me no question, QoS has DC's coolest wardrobe hands down for me, with the many McQueen inspirations!!!

Those other two jackets are out there somewhere so always a chance they will pop up like in the past - unlike this one that was never produced SA!!!! :)

Like a few other here I have the closest version to the QoS Harrington (leather trim pocket detail) however its a tad too big. At the back of my mind it bugs me having a jacket thats too big (despite me trying to persuade myself otherwise)

I think the Harrington is hands down the coolest. Despite some amazing replicas, the TF version is another level with regards to quality, as fully expected with the cost etc

One of my fave Bond pics (very Steve McQueen):

ff5a1206e92eacbe2f47148e49b0fc9a.jpg

Sruzgar negotiating for AJB with Tom Ford on the phone: :D

qosbc-crop1.jpg
    edited July 2016
    GS wrote:
    I agree it is the best Bond piece although I would never part with the other two (unless for silly money!!). I do hope it comes off to complete the trinity as it will be the one out of the 3 I would wear most!

Yeah I agree / hear you with regards to the one you would wear the most!!! Even down here I still seem to wear Harringtons most the time!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Well, once again Simon does the near-impossible...really impressive and shows that tenacity and good communication can result in rewards. Awesome.
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    I'm in!
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    It can't be done.... I'm in -{
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 358MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Right folks I have once again been tirelessly working away with TF Milan trying to get them to remake the original TF QoS Harrington Jacket and they are finally entertaining the idea but in order to fully determine the feasibility and price I need to gather a list of interested people (numbers).

I would assume that its going to be in the 2000 EURO ballpark, possibly more so please only submit your name if you are interested and no time wasters that we has with the tie project.

CONFIRMED:
    sruzgar x1
    jared_nomak x1
    welshboy x1
    006 x1
    GS x1
    -_Quantum_- x1
    redsleighdown x1
    007JBDCMWR x1

TOTAL: 8

Definitely in! Very impressive work!
  • Rid The KidRid The Kid Stockholm, SwedenPosts: 56MI6 Agent
    What's the material? Cotton blend?
    You're not recording this, are you?
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/41986/white-tom-ford-harrington/

Mantis posted photos in the past of the label in his white/cream one which has some details and I presume would be similar to the navy one.
    GS wrote:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/41986/white-tom-ford-harrington/

Mantis posted photos in the past of the label in his white/cream one which has some details and I presume would be similar to the navy one.

Thanks!
    Thanks everyone, still in the very early stages here and there is always a possibility it might not happen but fingers crossed!

The fabric on the original screen used jacket was 100% cotton
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    I believe that Simon's contact is aiming to reproduce the SA one, not the retail one, with the leather trimmed pockets. Here is a link to my SU one:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/630826/#p630826

Keep everything crossed!

Blair
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Wow! I'm in. Thanks Simon!
  • Count me in
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    This one is beyond my sending power, but hope Simon manages to pull off the deal as it will be a fantastic DC era Bond piece to have. Good luck fellas! {[]
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Count me in.
    Any info on the sizing?
    Thank you
    I believe that Simon's contact is aiming to reproduce the SA one, not the retail one, with the leather trimmed pockets. Here is a link to my SU one:

Keep everything crossed!

Blair

Pretty surreal to think 2 AJB members own a actual Daniel Craig worn TF Harrington!!!!
    welshboy78 wrote:

Keep everything crossed!

Blair

Pretty surreal to think 2 AJB members own a actual Daniel Craig worn TF Harrington!!!!

A result of drive and passion. All one needs.
    welshboy78 wrote:

Keep everything crossed!

Blair

And eBay :D
    welshboy78 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

And eBay :D

True that :))
  • I'm on the fence with this one...

It's difficult to say anything concrete if there's not a concrete price. If TF gives us a price and then hikes the price moments before the release like they did with the spectre polo, count me out. That's unethical business practice.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    I'm on the fence with this one...

It's difficult to say anything concrete if there's not a concrete price. If TF gives us a price and then hikes the price moments before the release like they did with the spectre polo, count me out. That's unethical business practice.

Doubt that would happen, not with a MTM / Custom piece. Luigi et al at TF Milan is a true gent and looks after his customers as you would expect / hope.... Once the finzl price is determined only the exchange rate will make a price variance.... Come on gbp !!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Right now there is no concrete pricing only an estimate, there will be no situation like the TF Polo that we experienced with TF in the USA and also at this juncture we are just gathering numbers for people who want one of these ad are willing to pay in the 2000 euro ball park.
    Another thing to factor in is the added customs charge (if necessary) which of course will be hefty (in Sweden it's 25% of the purchase value). Where would this item be shipped from, Italy?

I'm also on the fence, when do you need a final decision?
    It would be shipped from Italy - would you still get 25% charge since in EU Rid The Kid?