Parallel between Her Majesty's Secret Service and Zika

Anyone see a parallel as I do?

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,292Chief of Staff
    No, not really. The bioweapons in OHMSS are quite different, deliberately deployed and not intended to work on humans.

Welcome to AJB, by the way! :) You might want to have a read at our introduction for new members at http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45180/introduction-how-to-use-the-forum/
  • hottocoolhottocool Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Cheers, mate. I shall present myself in the other chat room.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Welcome, Hottocool! I saw a parallel with another work of fiction, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six that involved the attempted global spread of Ebola, a natural and reality-based contagion like Zika.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    Wasn't that "Executive Orders" rather than "Rainbow Six"?
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Wasn't that "Executive Orders" rather than "Rainbow Six"?

EO was when Jack Ryan became President via a 911-like attack on the US Capitol, similar to the upcoming Fox TV Kiefer Sutherland series, Designated Survivor. RS's plot was set during the Olympics where the Ebola virus was set to be released via the cooling mist generators that some amusement parks provide for visitors on hot days.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    There's a Ebola plot in both RS and EO.
    It's in "Debt Of Honour" that a plane deliberately crashes into the Capitol building
    killing the sitting President and thus making Jack the President in the last few pages
    and in EO Jack has to deal with the attempted Ebola attack.