Black Hole Farm

CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
At there is no forum section devoted to just Ian Fleming, this one was the only one that made sense to post it in.

Christies International Real Estate just listed Black Hole Farm for sale - the former Saratoga equestrian estate of A&P heiress Josephine Huntington Hartford Bryce and her husband Ivar Bryce - Fleming's close friend. Fleming had spent time relaxing there on several occasions with the couple - which also gave Fleming plenty of background material for writing DAF. I think the line about Fleming writing it and GF while staying there is a glaring error though, as most know he wrote all his novels at Goldeneye.

http://www.christiesrealestate.com/eng/sales/detail/170-l-775-1606241201487809/saratoga-equestrian-estate-black-hole-hollow-farm-cambridge-ny

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Thanks for posting! This I believe also inspired the setting for Von Hammerstein's hideout in FYEO. Bond's almost solo raid on the estate is one of my favorite action sequences in the books.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent
    Thanks for bringing this news to our attention, CmdrAtticus. Interesting stuff and it obviously inspired Ian Fleming a great deal. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Wow, it's going for only $4 million? That's cheap by California standards, where in my area a newish home with 5 bedrooms is listed for $1.9 mil!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....