Teru Shimada (Osato)

OakvaleOakvale Pennsylvania Posts: 155MI6 Agent
I've had the happenstance to watch a lot of old television series and movies with Teru Shimada (the guy who played Osato in YOLT), and he was really a good actor who was in some good stuff. The Hawaii Five-O episode he was in ("The Reunion", where he played a Japanese businessman who has a dark secret), is a particular standout, in his filmography as well as that series in general.

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    I remember him being in one of The Man from UNCLE films too. I think he was the go-to actor for an older Japanese man in the 1960s.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • OakvaleOakvale Pennsylvania Posts: 155MI6 Agent
    I remember him being in one of The Man from UNCLE films too. I think he was the go-to actor for an older Japanese man in the 1960s.

Yeah, he was the kind of affable handsome Japanese actor that I think was acceptable back in the 60s.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    He also played the Japanese UWO (United World Organization) council member in the Batman '66 feature.
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Oakvale wrote:
    I've had the happenstance to watch a lot of old television series and movies with Teru Shimada (the guy who played Osato in YOLT), and he was really a good actor who was in some good stuff. The Hawaii Five-O episode he was in ("The Reunion", where he played a Japanese businessman who has a dark secret), is a particular standout, in his filmography as well as that series in general.

I never picked up on the fact that was who it was. Admittedly when I first saw YOLT and Hawaii Five 0 (the original series) I was very young. In saying that I have all of the first seven complete seasons (unable to get the next five X-( ) and I'll keep an eye out when next I watch season 3 (specifically that episode) as I did watch it only a couple of years ago and of course I have watched YOLT many times.

Many well known actors/actresses emanated from this brilliant series or were well on their way anyway. And Jack Lord who was an excellent Felix Leiter, was as cool as they come (not only in Dr. No) but as Steve McGarrett also.

What I liked best about the original series was not only the scenery but their was always a good dialogue. Probably a bit cheesy now in some episodes (groovy etc) but overall a definite favourite growing up as it is now. And I'll also say the modern day Hawaii Five 0 is very good. :)
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    Hawaii Five O is on dailymotion btw......