James Bonds Wallet - Bond In Motion

Ive been to this exhibition a few times however the wallet was always closed.

Looking for a pic online today of something completely different I saw a different display with the wallet open:

Is the silver part with writing (bottom right) a clue to the brand? Pic not so great, maybe not even part of the actual wallet itself or a exhibit sticker?

span9
Instagram - bondclothes007

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Is it from QOS? and didn't he have a globetrotter wallet in SP?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I was not sure if its just a mismatch of any Bond items.

As this tie is was / chucked into the same display also when I went

https://www.flickr.com/photos/entropy1138/13895423953/sizes/l

I cant remember seeing Bonds wallet at all in SPECTRE but I'm rubbish at noticing these things
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Silver logo does not give away the brand. It says 007 Anniversary.
    welshboy78 wrote:

I cant remember seeing Bonds wallet at all in SPECTRE but I'm rubbish at noticing these things
    yeah that's the display I saw when I went there. Outside of the wallet kinda looks like the Paul Smith one I use.
    Silver logo does not give away the brand. It says 007 Anniversary.

Really? Oh well that answers that then :))

How the hell can you make that out or have you seen a better pic? :D
    welshboy78 wrote:

yeah that's the display I saw when I went there. Outside of the wallet kinda looks like the Paul Smith one I use.

I think there is another pic on google of Daltons Passport chucked on top of the tie - maybe his??
    Here is the pic - so I assume the tie is Daltons era

bond-in-motion-james-bond-exhibition-london-film-museum-covent-garden-F56B3N.jpg
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited October 2016
    Makers mark seems to be obscured just to right of the sticker under the plastic stand! Aw man I'm in need of a new wallet. Though thanks to my wardrobe and a recent watch repair/service I've nothing to put in it :#
    Was going to say the driving licence can't be Craig era
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Here's a picture I took a few years back.
    wallet.png
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen Bond with a wallet.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

I think there is another pic on google of Daltons Passport chucked on top of the tie - maybe his??

The tie is from Quantum.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Another angle with more flash but still no clearer to identify. Is it a card only wallet, i.e. no pocket for notes?
    image.jpg
    Murder | Employment.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    There's just one note pocket. It's what the passport is sitting in.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    There's just one note pocket. It's what the passport is sitting in.

Good spot! I wasn't sure if it was sitting underneath
    Murder | Employment.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    The silver sticker is a 40th anniversary hologram logo, it also has a number stamped over it, these are used as archive stickers by EON/Meg, most things have them applied.

Here is a cropped image of something that I was viewing in the Archive back in 2011, it shows you the number printed over the hologram.
    fullsizeoutput_47e_zps5bzvq3f2.jpeg
    Commandant wrote:
    Doesn't bond have his wallet in his hand in the back of the convertible car with the two girls while escaping from the mock assassination in living daylights? When he offers them money?
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    The silver sticker is a 40th anniversary hologram logo, it also has a number stamped over it, these are used as archive stickers by EON/Meg, most things have them applied.

Here is a cropped image of something that I was viewing in the Archive back in 2011, it shows you the number printed over the hologram.

Cheers - had a bad feeling the number was simply EONs ref!!!!

Do we even see DC era Bond with a wallet? Just flicked thru Quantum and his Credit Card seems to appear solo. Maybe the wallets yours and you dropped it in the archive :D
    Don't think Dc's bond has ever got a wallet out. In cr at the one and only he flips out just the card and has a money clip later, qos while trying to charter a plane just a card again. Nothing in sf or Spectre as far as I can recall, in fact just that globetrotter bond logo item is the only bond wallet I know of.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Cheers - had a bad feeling the number was simply EONs ref!!!!

Do we even see DC era Bond with a wallet? Just flicked thru Quantum and his Credit Card seems to appear solo. Maybe the wallets yours and you dropped it in the archive :D

:D

To be honest though, I think it is a Brosnan era wallet, I remember it being on display with his personal effects in back in the day, in fact, I think it was in the Japanese Archive book as a GE prop, not 100% as I no longer have the book.
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    You are right Pete it is in the Japanese Archive book, but there are no details or clues as to the make -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    It would be slightly unusual to carry a money clip and a wallet at the same time. I know I have all my cards tucked into the bills in my clip...
    Cool - thanks Pete for clearing that up!!! Guess using a wallet (despite from Brozzer era) made sense to have the Visas, Business Cards etc all tidy on for the display!!

In a nutshell - DC needs a wallet! :)
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    Doesn't bond have his wallet in his hand in the back of the convertible car with the two girls while escaping from the mock assassination in living daylights? When he offers them money?

I'm impressed -{ -{ -{
    It would be slightly unusual to carry a money clip and a wallet at the same time. I know I have all my cards tucked into the bills in my clip...

True but thought it might have been from a different film e.g. QoS
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

These help?

TLD-Wallet-1.jpg

TLD-Wallet-2.jpg

TLD-Wallet-3.jpg

TLD-Wallet-4.jpg
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Dang it canoe2! You took my idea by posting those pics! Just didn't make it home fast enough :)) That was a good eye by Chris -{ too. I had completely forgotten about that. Looks like a black wallet. Is this really the only time we see Bonds wallet? Didn't Broz have a billfold by ST DuPont? Not sure if it was seen. Great visuals on the aviators too; I love those things :007)
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Also SC has a wallet in DAF containing his PB Club card, that wallet has brass corner protectors. But not the same as TDs above. Coincidently I know a man who can supply the PB Cards (proper ones not cardboard laminated as seen on Ebay) :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    At the end of Goldeneye when Alec and Bond are in the control room, don't we see a close up of Bond's keys and wallet on the table when Alec picks up Bond's Seamaster? Or am I dreaming it (a bit like Dolly's teeth braces)?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    canoe2 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

These help?

TLD-Wallet-1.jpg

TLD-Wallet-2.jpg

TLD-Wallet-3.jpg

TLD-Wallet-4.jpg

I feel a "bonds personal possessions" iconic alternative post coming up.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

These help?

TLD-Wallet-1.jpg

TLD-Wallet-2.jpg

TLD-Wallet-3.jpg

TLD-Wallet-4.jpg

I feel a "bonds personal possessions" iconic alternative post coming up.

Maybe a Bond EDC?