Footage of unused QoS gunbarrel sequence?

Somewhere - somewhere! - I saw behind-the-scenes footage of Craig filming the gunbarrel sequence for Qos and he's in a tux. There's a still online, but can anyone tell me what documentary or special feature showed the bts footage of the filming of this unused version? I just breezed through the blu and couldn't find it. Thanks for any leads.

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure if it was even intended for a gunbarrel. It could have just been filmed for a promo.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I'm pretty sure I've seen the footage that you mentioned quite recently, damned if I can remember where though!
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I've never seen footage of this, but there is a picture of it being filmed (or two or three maybe, I can't remember) in the first few pages of the Quantum of Solace Bond on Set book. I'd love to see some footage.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Ah! 100%. Does anyone know where it's from?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    I have never seen that before.

Interesting watching Craig actually pull the gun from the holster. In the actual gun barrel sequences it looks like the various actors already have the gun pulled but are shielding it from view with their body as they walk across screen.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Strange; he's walking away from the camera and then turns back to it and shoots. Maybe from the title sequence? Although I don't think he wears a DJ in that, does he?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    If it was for a Gun Barrel sequence , I find it interesting that Forster is actually directing it himself. I would think that something like the Gun Barrel would be handled by an assistant director or second unit director.
    They were either trying something new with a gun barrel and didn't use it, or it was intended for something else entirely. I really would love to find out if this footage was used anywhere. I think the gun barrel was always directed by the titles designer. Maurice Binder directed his.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    If it was for a Gun Barrel sequence , I find it interesting that Forster is actually directing it himself. I would think that something like the Gun Barrel would be handled by an assistant director or second unit director.

Good point, it's very curious.

Maybe it was intended for the gunbarrel sequence at the end of the movie. Bond was walking away into the snow, maybe the idea was to transition into this sequence with Bond walking away from the camera and then firing, with the theme tune going and all that.
    Although it would leave the impression that he's just shot M! :D
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    I think this sequence was animated and used in the credits.
    7289 wrote:
    I think this sequence was animated and used in the credits.

He’s dressed differently in the title sequence, and I don’t think Forster would have directed Craig for the titles.