Rosberg Retires

IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
Nico Rosberg has retired from Formula 1 just days after winning the World Championship.

What does this mean for Mercedes now? And who will win the 2017 season? My money's on Verstappen (although at 11/4 odds, it's not worth a bet)...

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Surprising move but I can understand him.

He's earned enough money, won the Championship and doesn't need to risk his life anymore.

He explained that his wife took a lot of work with the kid because the title was top priotrity last season and he does not want to sacrifice so much.

I habe great respect for the decision and for him as a person - well done!

My first thought was that Vettel may move to Mercedes but Verstappen may be top candidate.

If that happens, we'll have a lot of fun seeing those 2 egoists racing in the same team, I wouldn't want to change places with Toto Wolf :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Formula 1 is so boring now...driver ability has all but gone out of the window...
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,670MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Formula 1 is so boring now...driver ability has all but gone out of the window...

I must say that I've never found F1 anything but boring.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I must say that I've never found F1 anything but boring.

sorry did some one mention boring talking about F1 , now you've just woken me up :# zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cant stand it ,it used to be good ,but not now .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Yes F1 is boring now and has been for years. The only major overtaking seems to be during pit stops. I just wish Motogp was back on BBC or Eurosport and not BT Sport so I can watch real exciting motorsport. I am glad Rosberg beat Hamilton for the title though, even though I am British.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    On the issue of motor sports: Martin Schanche, who was a leasing rallycross driver for several decades, just revealed that his biological father was a German WW2 pilot. His father was KIA in the last weeks of the war. I can't help thinking that a fighter pilot and a raceing car driver needs many of the same qualities.
    His father was from the enemy, but perhaps he can thank him for his career?