Topic: Do you THINK Craig will return for Bond 25?

Can a mod make this thread into a poll? I don't know how...

With just the 2 options please - a simple yes or no.

This is about if you THINK he will return, not to be confused with if you HOPE him to.

If you don't know/have no idea, just don't vote yet until you've decided.

I've no idea myself yet, so I will hold off voting for a bit too.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Op, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Sf, 7 - Ge, 8 - Ohmss, 9 - Daf, 10 - Dn, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tld, 13 - Sp, 14 - Mr, 15 - Tswlm, 16 - Yolt, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Twine, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Qos, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Re: Do you THINK Craig will return for Bond 25?

I'm a pessimist, so I think the worst-case scenario will happen: Craig will return. And to make it worse, Mendes (and company) will return with him.

I am an optimist so I will say yes.  He will probably be offered more money to return to the role.  ajb007/martini

No.

Yes.

Last edited by Miles Messervy (27th Dec 2016 04:42)

Yes.

9 songs done, 2 in various stages of disarray for next album!

Yes

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Yes

Jarvio wrote:

This is about if you THINK he will return, not to be confused with if you HOPE him to.

Ok...hopefully this is now done - please excuse the fact I tried to embolden the word 'think' in the title and it didn't quite work  ajb007/embarrassed

Scouse not English
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96

yes

Sir Miles wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Ok...hopefully this is now done - please excuse the fact I tried to embolden the word 'think' in the title and it didn't quite work  ajb007/embarrassed

That's ok, thankyou  ajb007/martini

1 - Avtak, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Op, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Sf, 7 - Ge, 8 - Ohmss, 9 - Daf, 10 - Dn, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tld, 13 - Sp, 14 - Mr, 15 - Tswlm, 16 - Yolt, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Twine, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Qos, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

yes

Yes,  after serious doubt.  As far as I know Craig has only made the slash-my-wrist commented,  and only at the end of filming and a long promo tour. He may quite,  but there isn't enough facts to back that up yet.

I voted yes, but I honestly don't know. But if I had to guess, I'd go for a yes, based on the fact that he's apparently still the first choice and he said he'd "miss it terribly"

Matt S wrote:

I'm a pessimist, so I think the worst-case scenario will happen: Craig will return. And to make it worse, Mendes (and company) will return with him.

I'm afraid I have to agree!

Defenite Yes for me! I think his comment in his most recent interview saying: "It really is the best job in the world" in combination with all of the producers always firmly stating something along the lines of: "We want Daniel for as long as he wants it himself"...  I'm confident we'll see Craig do a fifth one!   ajb007/biggrin

My 007 film reviews:  Recapping 007  (NEW GE EPISODE!)
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

My gut tells me Craig will return or is returning, I think if he was not coming back a new Bond may have emerged by now.

'...exceptionally fine shot...'

fire and ice wrote:

I think if he was not coming back a new Bond may have emerged by now.

Not necessarily. Pierce Brosnan wasn't out of the roll until two years after Die Another Day, and Craig wasn't announced until another year after that.

I think the general feeling though even in late 2003 2004 was that Brosnan was going to get axed.

No, I don't recall that being the case. DAD had been a big hit financially and he was popular.

9 songs done, 2 in various stages of disarray for next album!

Barbel wrote:

No, I don't recall that being the case. DAD had been a big hit financially and he was popular.

This is what I recall as well. Everyone I knew loved Brosnan (usually second to Connery) and nobody thought he would get axed after the huge success of DAD.

Matt S wrote:
Barbel wrote:

This is what I recall as well. Everyone I knew loved Brosnan (usually second to Connery) and nobody thought he would get axed after the huge success of DAD.

I saw Brosnan on Jay Leno shortly after DAD came out, and he said that the producers had asked him back for a fifth film and he'd said yes.  I was shocked when it was announced Brosnan wouldn't return, and I'd imagine others were as well.

Vox clamantis in deserto

I have a feeling he won't -- not so much that he doesn't want to, but the various studios and producers involved with take so long to get the next one going, he'll move on to something else in the meantime.  I do hope I'm wrong.

My understanding is that Eon is prepared to move on (with another actor)...but of course only Craigger knows his own mind here.  I'm honestly at a coin-toss at this point.

I hope he does, as I'm (proudly) one of this site's charter Craig supporters...but I have a feeling he won't. I'm fine either way, as I've been around long enough to observe the continued rotation of the earth regardless of who wears the tux  ajb007/takecover

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

He'll be back. He's probably just a bit of a temperamental lad and requires a bit of time and courting before he's willing to say yes again  ajb007/lol