Solden - picked up a pair if there

Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
OK I tried to order these direct from Danner and the day I decided to purchase they went out of stock (typical). Tried Amazon UK no deal. So once upon hitting the USA tried a Danner again no dice, so I went Amazon USA found a pair on New Year's Eve and bought them with 48 hr delivery and they arrived today. I had forgotten just how comfy Danners were haven't worn them for at leat 10+ yrs if not longer!

These plus N Peal Altuesse cable knit rollneck and I am bone for now but a couple of nice Bond purchases to end one year and start the next.

Cheers :007)

IMG_4968.jpg
My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    OK I tried to order these direct from Danner and the day I decided to purchase they went out of stock (typical). Tried Amazon UK no deal. So once upon hitting the USA tried a Danner again no dice, so I went Amazon USA found a pair on New Year's Eve and bought them with 48 hr delivery and they arrived today. I had forgotten just how comfy Danners were haven't worn them for at leat 10+ yrs if not longer!

These plus N Peal Altuesse cable knit rollneck and I am bone for now but a couple of nice Bond purchases to end one year and start the next.

IMG_4968.jpg
    They're great boots, now just get the SA ice cleats for the complete look!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Nicely done Bond44, and congrats. I tried for ages to get those boots in the UK!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

IMG_4968.jpg
    They're great boots, now just get the SA ice cleats for the complete look!

Not much use for cleats in the UK may invest in a pair if I ever go where there might be some snow!

Chriscoop wrote:
    Nicely done Bond44, and congrats. I tried for ages to get those boots in the UK!

Yeah I had one shot and sizing was a nightmare but got it just right, but it was touch and go!

Cheers
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I guessed and took my CJ size and they are about half a size too big!

Wont wear often so figured will wear thick socks like Mr Bond :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    From my military experience I know with boots if all else fails size up and use thicker socks or insoles - generally works (better than being too small then you are buggered). Not helped by the US vs UK sizing though and Danner is generally a slimmer fit!

All good fun just wearing them in walking around NY now before heading home :D

• DUBL_OHDUBL_OH Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    The ice cleats weren't seen on screen, but only in spy shots off set.
    DUBL_OH wrote:
    The ice cleats weren't seen on screen, but only in spy shots off set.
    yes they are, albeit briefly, when he's approaching the Hoffler clinic.
  • BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know the correct model Craig wears?
    welshboy78 wrote:

Weird as it seems have never been able to find a pair of thick grey sox like he wears - have looked everywhere for a pair. God knows where they got them from!,

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Maybe Babs knitted them!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Bond44 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Weird as it seems have never been able to find a pair of thick grey sox like he wears - have looked everywhere for a pair. God knows where they got them from!,

I have been curious about those socks for awhile now, seeing as they are one of the last remaining bits of unidentified Bond clothing from Spectre. Recently picked up a similar looking pair of thick light grey winter socks from Barbour but I doubt its from them, nonetheless wish we knew who made them as they're an essential winter item.
  • BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I have been curious about those socks for awhile now, seeing as they are one of the last remaining bits of unidentified Bond clothing from Spectre. Recently picked up a similar looking pair of thick light grey winter socks from Barbour but I doubt its from them, nonetheless wish we knew who made them as they're an essential winter item.

Are these the ones? http://www.barbour.com/us/categories/mens/accessories/barbour-north-sea-sock/p/MSO0113GY35?breadcrumbs=mens&breadcrumbs=mens-accessories
    Broccoli wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Are these the ones? http://www.barbour.com/us/categories/mens/accessories/barbour-north-sea-sock/p/MSO0113GY35?breadcrumbs=mens&breadcrumbs=mens-accessories
    yup! they are definitely not the ones Bond wore but they're absolutely perfect winter socks regardless and go great with the Danner's.