Belstaff sizing

Hi - a slight tangential Bond question but I am looking at either a Belstaff K Racer (DC) or Belstaff H Racer ( whispers - Bourne Legacy)

Has anybody got either and how does the sizing fit as I am getting mixed messages about them being very slim/small fitting?

Thanks

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Ive got both

However..... there are diff versions of the H Racer pre and post versions either side of the company changing ownership. I had the current issue in a 52 and the older version in a 54. To confuse the issue I also believe there was a winter and summer version of this jacket also!

K Racer (DC) I went with my normal size 54 and its pretty fitted

Belstaff sizing I'm afraid is all over the place. I have had in my possession other jackets by Belstaff from 52 to 56.

Im afraid its kind of trial and error, best bet is to try on in person or get a seller to measure for you

The DC Belstaff Patterson I believe is crazy small sizing
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent
    So would you say the current H Racer fits larger if you had the 52 and normally you are a 54? I have the Royale Harrington v3 size M which is a slim fit on me for reference - I was thinking of going for size 50 (L) in the H racer.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ive got both

However..... there are diff versions of the H Racer pre and post versions either side of the company changing ownership. I had the current issue in a 52 and the older version in a 54. To confuse the issue I also believe there was a winter and summer version of this jacket also!

K Racer (DC) I went with my normal size 54 and its pretty fitted

Belstaff sizing I'm afraid is all over the place. I have had in my possession other jackets by Belstaff from 52 to 56.

Im afraid its kind of trial and error, best bet is to try on in person or get a seller to measure for you

The DC Belstaff Patterson I believe is crazy small sizing
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    welshboy is spot on, I ordered the K Racer last year in the Belstaff sale, size 48 because my Racermaster Blouson is a 48 & fits perfect, the K racer was mega tight, I didnt keep it as i couldn't wear it zipped up, also it was the summer version so not lined, even at 40% off it wasn't worth the money!
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I am 6'0/183cm, 183lb/83kg. Athletic built. I usually wear a Medium in most garments, but I swing between Medium and Large in Belstaff.

Having owned ALL versions of the H Racer cardigan I can tell you that this is a model you have to size UP. I currently own the summer versions of the Malenotti era H racer in size Large, and I will not be able to zip up the jacket comfortably with a medium. Perhaps if you are of a slim built with not much bulk you can get away with it.

I tried on the K racer in store. Definite had to size up to a large also.

Hope this helps.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Yeh my Belstaff Sizing ranged from small to large, there seems to quality control in the sizing and is all over the place.
    I'm a 41 chest and need a large in either of these jackets or a size 50
  • ZingariZingari Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I'm 39 chest and have a Belstaff Tunstall (winter) in a 50 (Large). I could easily get away with the 48 (Med) as they are designed to be worn close fitting if that's what you want.

When I tried the H Racer in store the 50 felt OK but the assistant suggested the 48 was the better fit.

So If you're a stock 38" chest buy a 48 to wear it as intended.