calling skyfall levis Menlo experts

chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
Please help me experts on what the SA menlo jacket from skyfall is -
I'm bidding on 2 at the moment but really don't want to make the same mistake again.
Which is the SA one if any and which one would you go for if any - I have until Wednesday midnight
Please don't bid too :))

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Levis-Vintage-Clothing-Menlo-Leather-Jacket-James-Bond-Skyfall-Medium-/322376747243?hash=item4b0f26c8eb:g:GPwAAOSwZQRYaTzP

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Levis-Menlo-Size-Medium/162346322494?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40760%26meid%3D40f3a0c862884ddd81aedad3a28d5ffe%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D322376747243
007 reporting for duty

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    To my eye the darker one is more correct.
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    First one,although looks quite worn
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Neither are, the SA one had the "Made in Italy" label right under the LVC tag on the neck.

Best,
    Stefan
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:
    Neither are, the SA one had the "Made in Italy" label right under the LVC tag on the neck.

Best,
    Stefan

Have you seen DC's?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    I would like to disagree about label
    edited January 2017
    I have to admit I have often been confused if mine is SA.

Sometimes DCs looks very dark (at the bar) and when in M's flat it looks like mine.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    This could drive you crazy, buy the one you like! (Or the cheapest)
    Lighting, wear and tear, picture quality it's going to be a tough call either way.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    I know does my head in so many variations.
    I thought I had it but mine is so much lighter ! :#
    welshboy78 wrote:

Sometimes DCs looks very dark (at the bar) and when in M's flat it looks like mine.
    007 reporting for duty
    You got a pic of yours handy?
    20160908_203219.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Looks a fair bit lighter than the one you see in the film.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    nafets47 wrote:

Best,
    Stefan

Have you seen DC's?

No I have not but the season that would have been worn for the film 2012, had the label under the LVC tag, the seasons afterwards had it on the top right of the LVC tag saying rip off. -{

Best,
    Stefan
    T2eC16ZQE9s3HFhLBRRR6sn11Q60_57.jpg
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    From my knowledge, the Menlo jacket that was available from Peggs & Son immediately preceding the release of SKYFALL (maybe the screen-accurate jacket?) had a Barcode number of 5415018257523, a Style (?) number of 1000039977, and an additional code number of 70308-0005 (maybe the color code?). These numbers are from my jacket purchased from Peggs & Son in August 2012.

I also obtained a Menlo jacket from Mr. Porter (which became available in the Spring of 2013, if my memory is correct) - this jacket had the same Barcode number, same Color code, but the style number was 1000075015. Both jackets were identical in appearance (color, satin lining, labeling), but the hides were slightly different in thickness - the Peggs & Son version was significantly thicker, while the Mr. Porter version was thinner. There was a change in the fit as well - I had a size S from Peggs & Son that fit much tighter than the size S I purchased from Mr. Porter.

I think it's safe to say that there were variances between runs of this jacket - not sure why sizing would have changed, but changes were made in hides (maybe due to availability?)

Just my two cents.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    20160908_203219.jpg

Your jacket is a bit lighter than usual.
    I think this is because the leather looks more "peeled".
    The peeled effect of the leather implies that you won't find two identical jackets.
    I find yours nice and would still classify it as SA.

Save the money for the SA Harrington jacket project :)
    ^ agree!
    Thanks all guys , I didnt fancy spending another £500 + , I guessed I'm just annoyed with myself for trusting someone who stated it was a SA version.
    Been wanting this jacket from day 1 and was too hasty , as DC said in CR lesson learned :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited January 2017
    I know does my head in so many variations.
    I thought I had it but mine is so much lighter ! :#
    welshboy78 wrote:

Stand in a dark room or turn the light off - will look darker then (and cheaper on your wallet)
    But I get what you mean. I have always thought with the Menlo there was the original Batch in very dark brown and they did or had black ones as well. But due to popularity and demand they weathered some black ones (which I think I got) but it's not a biggy for me it's a .Menlo and that's fine. This collecting malarkey can get a bit obsessive but the once it's under your skin!

Good luck

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    edited January 2017
    I've just browsed my Skyfall picture footage. To me the attached photo is the best image to get an idea of the SA colour and brightness. However, it is difficult to compare it with other pictures (as yours or photos on ebay). As already has often been mentioned here, pictures can show the same object in different colours, depending on the light source. And sometimes it can also be difficult to compare a screenshot with a jacket that is in front of you.

And keep im mind that the distressed leather (sheepskin) look of these jackets are crafted by hand. So it is in the nature of things that even the most matching jackets look slightly different.

skyfallczbjtaurl1.jpg
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    My jacket was purchased from mr porter on 1st September 2012 so before the release of skyfall' I assume it's SA.
    The codes are the same as mentioned above
    But the made in Italy is tag the (tear here) one on is at the top right.
    'IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Pics of Menlo from MrPorter if that helps.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/535698/#p535698

I still say it photographs darker than it actually is. I.e as on screen.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    both Menlo's sold for £580 I decided not to bother and keep mine , thanks for everyones input .
    Just goes to show they still are keeping their value after 4 years
    spent the money on a new Mulberry wallet and OB gear for hols :p
    007 reporting for duty