WTT: I'm pondering trading my Omega Coaxial 300 (non-LE)

I've always wanted the Planet Ocean in skyfall. When I heard the 300 was going to be in Spectre I pulled the trigger. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my 300, but I do want to trade it for a 42mm PO since I'm going for a whole skyfall thing now. Just wondering what you guys have to say about this.

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Just my opinion:

The PO is the better watch, the SM 300 is the nicer watch ;)
    You should not pick your watch ( which is the only acceptable piece of jewellery that a man should wear except the weddingring) by the movie that you like more.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I prefer the one you have.

In this case its prob easy to switch back if need be as both easy to obtain.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Stick to the 300 SM !
    It is a beautiful watch mixing a vintage with a modern design.
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Save up and have both. That was my solution.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Vandrell wrote:
    Save up and have both. That was my solution.

+ 1 here as well have both - to be honest I love PO's (have 4) but I liked the SPECTRE SM300 LE on the NATO as I have used them in the services for decades and it appealed to me. I think the trick missed was not releasing the SPECTRE SM300 version in the original military style (what is now classed as the Vintage SM300) but I guess because the PO has its heritage from there they probably could not go that way and I a Watchco 300 (I think) that filled that space in my collection anyway.

Of the two SM300 vs PO the PO get my vote every time but my actual true love is the PO2500 the best PO ever made in my eyes and used throughout Quantum in my favourite variant.

Just me 2 cents worth

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I echo Vandrell and bond44, the 2500 PO is also my favoured po, though I do like the liquid metal and ceramic bezels, is it the sa Skyfall po you want or the le? I love my SM300 Co ax 's they bridge the tool watch to dress watch really well.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I echo Vandrell and bond44, the 2500 PO is also my favoured po, though I do like the liquid metal and ceramic bezels, is it the sa Skyfall po you want or the le? I love my SM300 Co ax 's they bridge the tool watch to dress watch really well.

On the SM300 I kind of agree on it bridging the gap between tool and dress watch. I like it on NATO, warming to it on brown leather with white stitching and LE bracelet. Not a fan of PCL's on the production bracelet nor the 007 on the clasp of the LE bracelet (too much bling for me). Perfect combo for me would be a mix of the two.

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    You're probably right, though I've never used the brushed le bracelet, it's still in the box in the attic.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    PS - Gold_Bond

Please confirm your Tom Ford Harrington Project status here:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/48028/updated-page-37-tf-qos-sa-harrington-jacket-run/page/37/

Your on the list of members yet to contact Simon or Luigi

Cheers
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    I'd stick with the SM300 too, wasn't a fan of the PO8500 series, a needlessly bloated upgrade to the PO2500 IMO. I agree with others here, the 2201.50 is the best version of the PO, perfect size.

I was a big fan of mine until it experienced the well known issue with the Co-Ax movement that seemed to be fairly common with the Cal. 2500. I also had the XL PO as per CR for a while, also nice but only works on rubber for me, too big on the bracelet.

Your SM300 is a lovely thing with a technically excellent movement and a nice homage to the original 57 Seamaster.
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Gomers wrote:
    I'd stick with the SM300 too, wasn't a fan of the PO8500 series, a needlessly bloated upgrade to the PO2500 IMO. I agree with others here, the 2201.50 is the best version of the PO, perfect size.

I was a big fan of mine until it experienced the well known issue with the Co-Ax movement that seemed to be fairly common with the Cal. 2500. I also had the XL PO as per CR for a while, also nice but only works on rubber for me, too big on the bracelet.

Your SM300 is a lovely thing with a technically excellent movement and a nice homage to the original 57 Seamaster.

Agree on this. My PO is the CR version on rubber and after having it for 2 years it had to go in to have te movement fixed. Been working fine ever since.
    The 2500 was a work in progress with the Co axial escapement essentially shoe horned into the 1120 movement, I think there were 4 variations of the 2500, most of the "mass produced" high end movements have foibles the Rolex 3315 suffers worn rotors. we still don't know about the 8500, they will just be coming in for services now and I've heard they are quite hard to work on with mainsprings and escapement hard to refit.
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    The 2500 was a work in progress with the Co axial escapement essentially shoe horned into the 1120 movement, I think there were 4 variations of the 2500, most of the "mass produced" high end movements have foibles the Rolex 3315 suffers worn rotors. we still don't know about the 8500, they will just be coming in for services now and I've heard they are quite hard to work on with mainsprings and escapement hard to refit.

Agree. The 8500 seems to have a good track record so far, it was of course developed around the co-ax escapement rather than being incorporated into an existing lever movement (2892).

My AT8500 ran fabulously, very consistent rate and scarily accurate. Think once the 2500s are fixed, they run well but not sure for how long and if problems occur later on.

I'd still keep th SM300 though.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Gold_Bond wrote:
    I've always wanted the Planet Ocean in skyfall. When I heard the 300 was going to be in Spectre I pulled the trigger. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my 300, but I do want to trade it for a 42mm PO since I'm going for a whole skyfall thing now. Just wondering what you guys have to say about this.

Gold Bond, would you please respond in the QoS TF forum!
    You have not done your payment yet!
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/48028/upd … n/page/38/
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Just my opinion:

The PO is the better watch, the SM 300 is the nicer watch ;)
    You should not pick your watch ( which is the only acceptable piece of jewellery that a man should wear except the weddingring) by the movie that you like more.

True! That's where I went wrong once:

2_2.jpg

And if wear a necklace, I hide it under my shirt.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Not a fan of PCL's on the production bracelet nor the 007 on the clasp of the LE bracelet (too much bling for me). Perfect combo for me would be a mix of the two.

I have the standard SM300 also and was surprised to find how many people on the watch forums brushed the PCLs (or had an Omega boutique/AD do it for them). Might be a good way to get best of both worlds, if you don't mind modifying the bracelet.