Orlebar Brown sizing

I was curious if someone could tell me how adjustable the swimshorts are?

Comments

• Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    Order a size up from your normal size
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    I have four pairs of the Setter swim shorts and have always found the sizing to be spot on.
    However, if you are unsure or likely to "expand" a bit around the waist, then Obi's advice is good too, as the side buckles will certainly tighten it up an inch or so if needed. Remember though that swim gear can get looser in the water.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I'm a 29" waist and I wear 30 in OB pants, but wear 28 in OB Setter Swim trunks. I don't like my swim trunks to be lose and don't do a lot of sitting in them, so I don't mind them being tight. I would say go with your Normal OB size if you want them to be a more regular/relaxed fit, as the side tab adjusters allow for tightening and loosening as needed.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I have been an OB advocate for years, my wife will say I have far too much OB swimwear but you can never have enough really :)

My advice would be to size up one, that said I am on the cusp of 30/32 (probably a 31) and I find the 32's much more comfortable for sitting, swimming, walking etc.

Worth bearing in mind the waist of the shorts are solid and offer no flexibility outwards, so it is far easier to cinch them in a bit with the side adjusters than to "squeeze in to them" (not the best look either).

Btw they make amazing shorts and you will not regret buying them my only other advice would be to avoid white, just like anything white they will stain and yellow with most sun creams.

Lastly the Bulldogs are by far the most comfortable ones I have worn.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    I'm between a 32 and 34 and had to size up.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm around a 34" to 36" depending on brand, I've got setters in. 36 and they fit fine and also some bulldogs in a 38 which are a tad big but fit fine with both side adjusters pulled tight. I wear my setters for just swimming and bulldogs for beach to bar or all day on holiday where I'm swimming, walking, having lunch etc. As previously said the waistband has no give in it and unless you are very lean even slightly tight ob's will give you the muffin effect

Screenshot_20170213_081631.png
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Question on sizing. I am going to buy some of there shirts. Do you find their size chart on T-shirts accurate? I wear a 48 shirt in TF polos and find them perfect. However this is not a cheap shirt and I don't want to miss on sizing.

Any help would be great.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:
    Question on sizing. I am going to buy some of there shirts. Do you find their size chart on T-shirts accurate? I wear a 48 shirt in TF polos and find them perfect. However this is not a cheap shirt and I don't want to miss on sizing.

Any help would be great.

Best,
    Stefan

I have a Medium Orlebar Brown T-Shirt and it's clearly too small from me and this is coming from someone who likes a fitted look. I fit into a Medium Riviera T-Shirt from Sunspel perfectly.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,758MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:

Any help would be great.

Best,
    Stefan

The OB-T runs a little small, although it stretches out a lot during a wearing, so I take my normal size. I know some of their other t-shirts are advertised as more relaxed, but I don't have any so I can't say for sure.
    Thanks for the heads up, I was going to buy a size Small, that would have sucked :))

Best,
    Stefan
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    I wear size 48 in TF and size M in Orlebar shirts.
    I ended up buying a small for a low price and it fit totally fine. TF polos in a size 48 are perfect across the chest for me but very baggy in the waist.

Maybe it was the style of shirt.

I am also buying a medium that is used to see if that fits similar.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:
    I ended up buying a small for a low price and it fit totally fine. TF polos in a size 48 are perfect across the chest for me but very baggy in the waist.

Maybe it was the style of shirt.

I am also buying a medium that is used to see if that fits similar.

Best,
    Stefan

Let me know. I have owned 3 Orlebar Brown things. One was a normal fit M button up (Bond Train shirt) and I had to have that tailored. Way too baggy in the arms and waist but the chest was very fitted.

I have one shirt and it was the slim fit and a Medium looked way too small on me. I also had a gym zip up (piece of crap that ripped after a couple of uses) and I got that in Large (the large was sized in-between a Medium and Large).

I really have no idea with their sizing. I'm almost thinking I got a weird T-Shirt and sizing was off. Every site says it is true to size but just very fitted. Mine fits like a fitted size small of any other brand. With my luck, I'd order a Large T-Shirt only to have it be too big lol
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I've somehow ended up with more than 30 OB items :))

I have a 38" chest with an athletic build and have OB items in XS, S and M sizes so it really does depend on the individual piece.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I can buy my poloshirts (Felix and Sebastian) sight unseen. An L will always fit great except for the sleeves of the Sebastian that are always very tight. The Setters I have are a size 34, my jeans size is 33 but I bought these when sizes at OB went up in 2 inch increments. So far I haven't experienced any sizing issues.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad