SSGB tv series

FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
Anybody watch it last night , i've been told that it's inaudible due to actors whispering and the BBC are looking into sound levels before next episode just wondering if it's worth watching it on BBC iPlayer ?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Luckily I've read the book :)) this seems to happen a lot with BBC drama's , there's always
    Complaints about the sound levels .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    Am i right the screenplay was written by the gentlemen behind Skyfall & Spectre ?
    Yes, I think Purvis and Wade had a hand in it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Saw it, it looked very good.

Agree about the sound levels, had to strain a bit.

I enjoyed it, though the hand of Wade and Purvis emerged gradually. Not bad exactly, not brilliant either. A bit of hack style coming through. In fact, were it not for the conceit of the victorious Nazis in London, I'm not sure the mystery would be up to much in itself, it's a bit sub oh what's that drama with Michael Kitchen and Honeysuckle Weeks? Dunno. It is interesting how on the one hand it looks like you don't want to root for the 'Resistance', as they may be looking to threaten the lead's family.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Just watched it myself, looks very good and I had no problem
    hearing the dialogue. This will give me my portion of "Alternative
    History" as I've recently finished watching season two of The Man
    in the High Castle.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent
    What do you think of the first season of The Man in the High Castle?
    To be honest I enjoyed Both seasons, but was a little disappointed
    Not enough Nasty Nazis for my liking.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent
    Good to hear. I'll watch it some time this spring :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,516Chief of Staff
    Yes, I think Purvis and Wade had a hand in it.

Purvis & Wade not only adapted the book for the series but they are also the executive producers.

I reread the book again last year...I thought it was pretty good for the opening episode -{
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,672MI6 Agent
    Didn't get a chance to see it sadly. Too tired from a week of work but I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out on DVD! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    In tonights episode, the used Highgate Cemetery and it looked fantastic. A great location.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,516Chief of Staff
    I'm enjoying the series so far -{
    YNWA 97