QOS TF Shawl Neck Cardigan

Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
Guys

Hate to do it to your wallets again but Mr Porter has QOS Cardi (or very similar) in stock see link below

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/tom_ford/shawl-collar-ribbed-wool-cardigan/820608

Question on sizing do they run large or true to size?

Enjoy!

Cheers :007)
My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    link not working for me , goes to something else ?
    007 reporting for duty
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Yeah I pasted the link but they seem to have inserted a flash screen saying Target, Ebay etc if you look bottom right its says skip and go to Mr Porter. Else go to www.mrporter.com and search for TOM FORD Shawl-Collar Ribbed Wool Cardigan direct.

Selling like hot cakes some sizes already sold out - glad I bagged one already!

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Mods: I know you use Viglink on this site. That screen showing Target, Amazon, etc. when someone clicks a link is a new function Viglink added as part of their affiliate program. It's a pain. But you can call or write them and ask them to turn it off. That's what I did.

{[]
    fair enough all good , very very tempting
    Whats the best way to look after these wash wise or do you not bother washing because its too delicate
    007 reporting for duty
    ooh just 1 more thing if i'm a 40 chest do I go for a L ?
    007 reporting for duty
    Chris

I went true to size as the listing said:

Fits true to size. Take your normal size
    This cardigan is designed to be worn fitted

It should arrive tomorrow I will let you know.

cheers mate , looks like their be busy ! having next day delivery too
    gone for a 48 and 50 to be 100% sure , like to play around with outfits to get it right.
    especially when spending that amount :007)
    Not had one before been waiting for years
    007 reporting for duty
    Same here always regretted not getting one each time they have come up - must of spent a fortune on look alike cardigans. Always said next time but never got around too it until now. I could not downsize as that was already sold out - so if anyone here ordered a IT46 let me know before you send it back!!.

Still if it don't fit I will know what size I need for next time - these seem to come up annually at Mr P.

Good luck!

• kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    If they are available at Mr Porters, maybe TF themselves have new stock?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    These are the new slim version, not the QoS cut. TF discontinued that version in 2014. This slim version has been TF's seasonal piece since F/W 2014.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Does anyone know if they are the same price as in the TF store?
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    Looks like they are sold out because I searched and 0 results turned up.

EDIT: Search function turned up 0 results, but when I went to the TOM FORD section and on page 3 it's listed there;

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/tom_ford/shawl-collar-ribbed-wool-cardigan/820608?ppv=2
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • TroyIkedaTroyIkeda Los Angeles Posts: 231MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

They are the same price. I always love going to the store as opposed to ordering online when I have the opportunity!
  • CDPCDP Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    $1590 on Mr Porter US site but GBP860 Inc VAT on UK site. UK will ship to US ex VAT so cheaper there by some way. Overall I am finding UK site better priced on many items.
    TroyIkeda wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

They are the same price. I always love going to the store as opposed to ordering online when I have the opportunity!
    edited March 2017
    CDP wrote:
    $1590 on Mr Porter US site but GBP860 Inc VAT on UK site. UK will ship to US ex VAT so cheaper there by some way. Overall I am finding UK site better priced on many items.
    TroyIkeda wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I knew BREXIT would work some due to our now crap US exchange rate :D

UK site also has same in white

• BleauchampBleauchamp Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    I assume many of you shop there already, so this may be redundant, but from memory Mr Porter gets these from TF nearly every season. I believe they last had it in December, in a not quite navy shade of blue. I've always gotten great CS from Mr Porter, as well as prompt shipping.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Yes, but it's likely you'll have to pay import/customs duties on it coming from the UK. So that would cancel out any savings you might get. Any purchases over $800 (I believe it's $800, but it might be $600) are subject to customs in the US. If you purchase from the Mr. Porter US site, you don't get charged any additional fees/taxes beyond what is charged at checkout.
    CDP wrote:
    TroyIkeda wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

• CDPCDP Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    They pay the US duties. So often product from Mr Porter UK to the US costs slightly less than the same one from Mr Porter UK to UK (duty < VAT but postage a little more) but both are significantly less, certainly on this item, than buying from the US site. I've done it!
    DBS wrote:
    Yes, but it's likely you'll have to pay import/customs duties on it coming from the UK. So that would cancel out any savings you might get. Any purchases over $800 (I believe it's $800, but it might be $600) are subject to customs in the US. If you purchase from the Mr. Porter US site, you don't get charged any additional fees/taxes beyond what is charged at checkout.
    CDP wrote:
    TroyIkeda wrote:

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    If I buy it in the store I get to drink for free and walk away with tons of cologne samples... -{
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    I have the QoS version and the new ones run more fitted. QoS version also have slightly bigger lapels and more room everywhere.
    OK guys mine has arrived and very nice too. Def runs to size no need to down size. Warning it comes with some monster turn back cuffs!

Just need to find my 108's now!!

To all who ordered good luck and enjoy!

IMG_5947.jpg
    Us poor mere mortals in the UK don't have TF stores apart from London , so 1 day I'll get my free drinks.
    Anyway mines arrived too and can't wait , I'll post again once all tried on.
    Although its not the SA QOS one its good enough for me and I've been waiting for ages. :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    OK guys mine has arrived and very nice too. Def runs to size no need to down size. Warning it comes with some monster turn back cuffs!

IMG_5947.jpg

Looks fantastic! Killin' it man! Congratulations {[]
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/

Looks fantastic! Killin' it man! Congratulations {[]

Thank you yes only took me 8 years to get one. Still it took me 10 to get the Jack Purcell OTR's so there is hope for all yet!!

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

IMG_5947.jpg

Very nice!

Did you size up or down?
    Commandant wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

IMG_5947.jpg

Very nice!

Did you size up or down?

Thanks just happened to throw on white shirt and sta prest this morning cannot think why?
    New ones are slimmer fit I went true to size going down one would have been too small for sure for me not much wriggle room here.
    They really do have monster turn back cuffs though! :D

still yet to try mine though , hopefully today.
    never got lucky on the sta prest are their almond colour and if so when looking for alternative are their jeans twill like or chinos.
    I have 7 for mankind beige twill jeans but not sure if they look right ?
    I'll post pics , thanks
    007 reporting for duty
    edited March 2017
    still yet to try mine though , hopefully today.
    never got lucky on the sta prest are their almond colour and if so when looking for alternative are their jeans twill like or chinos.
    I have 7 for mankind beige twill jeans but not sure if they look right ?
    I'll post pics , thanks

What are you waiting for man!
    Seriously I saw a pair of light coloured twill strides in Next some time back sort of sta prest material but in jean pocket configuration. Cannot for the life of me find them anywhere now but it was only 6 months ago must be available in Next Clearence or maybe in store. I remembered thinking how close they were.

Edit - cannot swear by them but these may be the ones, slim fit though on Next clearance

IMG_5115.jpg

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Thanks Bond44 for the info.
    I was interested to know how the new cardigan model fits.
    Cheers
    thanks Bond44 , I'll get searching , now I know they were more twill than jean.
    Thought I'd share a pic of the TF cardigan absolutely gorgeous , mixed it up with c & j skye , spectre watch on bracelet , TF white spectre shirt and HB jeans

IMG_3265.jpg
    007 reporting for duty