The Tyrrell 6-wheeler and other Formula 1 jokes

HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
edited March 2017 in Off Topic Chat
ScheckterJody1976-07-31Tyrrell-FordP34.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-jkSwyD-E

anyone remember those, I found them bloody cool! too bad that they only went for a couple of races.

Lead to other extremes like that:
F1%201981%20Donington%2004.jpg
President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I tend to recall a strange John player special f1 car, black with gold signage. cool thread -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    image-1112886-galleryV9-rmhb-1112886.jpg

You mean this CC?

Lotus has a tradition of weird F1 cars though :)) :)) :))

For example this radical wing car:
    1200px-Lotus_79_at_Barber_01.jpg

That's the one Higgins {[] I think I had a model of it when I was a boy.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,688MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    Chriscoop wrote:

I think that I had one of these (toy cars) too. The Blair government in the UK famously got into a controversy concerning Bernie Eccleston with an exemption on the ban of sports tobacco advertising for F1.

Those interested can read more on this scandal here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/937232.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7665718.stm
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Chriscoop wrote:

I think that I had one of these (toy cars) too. The Blair government in the UK famously got into a controversy concerning Bernie Eccleston with an exemption on the ban of sports tobacco advertising for F1.

I remember that, the Marlborough car kept the colours buy lost the lettering if I remember right!
    But then apparently the bar code on this ferrari is supposed to remind us of the bottom of a packet of Marlborough.

Screenshot_20170314_190348.png
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,688MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I remember that, the Marlborough car kept the colours buy lost the lettering if I remember right!
    But then apparently the bar code on this ferrari is supposed to remind us of the bottom of a packet of Marlborough.

Screenshot_20170314_190348.png

Ah, that's very clever. I've sold a good few packets of those in my time, but the plain packaging will be the death of these types of images!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    It will indeed, I only smoke the occasional cigar ( meharis sweet orient, nothing fancy) so the packet change won't bother me, but marlboro is almost as iconic as Coca Cola, though I've never known whether to believe the kkk urban legend?
    The cigarette F1 cars always looked cool, marlboro, jps and rothmans, any more F1 tobacco cars?
    this car was called "rolling cigarette box" for a reason

image-1104223-galleryV9-gewy-1104223.jpg

• PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Camel sponsered Benetton and Williams in the early 90's. I always thought they looked good.

And let's not forget the X-wings, also a Tyrrell invention.
    jos.jpg
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Yes I remember the camel cars now.
    Lucky strike

20170314_213615.jpg
    Higgins wrote:
    this car was called "rolling cigarette box" for a reason

image-1104223-galleryV9-gewy-1104223.jpg

Ha ha, it certainly is, Higgins! :)) -{
    image-1104228-galleryV9-nvds-1104228.jpg

1968 Brabham BT26 with 2 cockpit controlled wings

Not sure, if anyone knows Luigi Colani.
    I've had the "pleasure" to meet him for a breakfast meeting and I don't recall how long my headache lasted after that :(
    luigi-colani.jpg

His take on a F1 racecar was the Eifelland (Caravan trailer company) 21 from 1972 with a central mirror and some more Colani signature features:

image-1112885-galleryV9-mpwm-1112885.jpg

• Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Formula One is real racing.....I also like drag racing...can't hardly watch NASCAR...
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    You'd think racing was tough enough, without having to "drag up" for it as well ;)
    Must be hard, using the pedals, in high heels.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Well, you really have to watch out for the neck scarves and frills..No, no, no.,,,get your mind back onto cars....
    Drag_1.jpg

Drag_2.jpg

I drag raced in high school with a 64 Chevy Impala with a 327 cu. in. engine.....I was fast, but the newer Road Runners, GTOs, Mustangs and Camaros were light years ahead of me.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)