For Sale: Belstaff Trialmaster 1948, Size Medium, Made in Italy

Some of you may have seen my other posts where I am sadly selling off some collectible outerwear. I am drinking Scotch right now to dull the pain. Technically this is not a screen-used Bond item, but given the Craig/McQueen connection to Belstaff, I figured there may be some interest here. So, I present you a new-without-tags Belstaff Trialmaster 1948 motorcycle jacket in medium. This is a faithful reproduction of the original iconic jacket. I had the fortune to purchase this jacket in 2009 at a slight discount through a friend who works at a high-end department store in Boston because a regular customer returned it without tags.

While I am no Belstaff aficionado, I can tell you that the company was sold in 2011 to a firm that mostly deals in coffee and donut franchises (strange, I know). Suffice to say, Belstaff has unfortunately become a fashion-brand and loyalists are not pleased. Production has been moved from Italy to Romania. Unlike the new paper-thin, high-sheen jackets I checked out at the NY store last year, this jacket is like a suit of armor; easy to see why motorbike riders have been fans of Belstaff for almost 100 years. The cotton is extremely heavy. I never wore this jacket because it has always been tight on me. It is a very fitted medium. Measurements are as follows:

[list=*]
[*]Shoulder-to-Shoulder: 19"[/*]
[/list]
[list=*]
[*]Armpit-to-Armpit: 21"[/*]
[/list]
[list=*]
[*]Sleeve: 26"[/*]
[/list]
[list=*]
[*]Overall length: 30.5"[/*]
[/list]

The jacket is in absolutely perfect condition. It comes with a Belstaff-branded hanger and garment storage bag. I paid approximately $700 for this piece and they literally don't make them like this anymore. Please PM me if interested.

http://www.gq.com/story/dropping-knowledge-the-belstaff-trialmaster-jacket

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg