The new Bond watch?

Are we going to see the new Bond watch in this years Baselworld? A Seamaster CK2913 reissue, perhaps?

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Would be nice if we did - going on past performance prior SPECTRE they were generally just production line models SMP , PO, AT etc so may already be out there but could be a new one.

With SPECTRE the release of the Special Edition AT first and then the LE SM300 probably shot some Bond fans in the foot. I nearly pulled the pin on the LE AT but thought it mad if Omega did not release a special SM300. Guess what one month later they did but by then many had bought the production SM300 (and left a little miffed for being a little premature) and those with the Bond LE AT looking to trade theirs for the SPECTRE screen used SM300! Proof is in the pudding as I see a lot of LE AT's up for grabs and very few LE SM 300's.

I would be surprised if there was another special watch in the film as they have kind of flogged that but you never know (as I do want to see the DB10 again if possible).

Personally I think it should be a PO (black ceramic?) as I think each Bond has had their watch (Bronsnan SMP etc). I think for DC the PO its the watch for Bond of his era. Its based on a military ancestry (issued vintage SM300), and widely worn buy UK forces pers as well (even if he is ex RM/RN) so a nice nod to his mil service. But that said he is an international spy so it could even be a Geneve or Constellation leather who knows. One thing is for sure I doubt it would be a Speedy that would be stepping in NASA territory!

So having said all that they will probably go vintage on us and have us all in a flat spin (my guess is franchise wise it will be two watch deal as always this seems to be the norm now 1x tool watch and 1 x dress watch from their range)

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing this time they will release a stainless steel blue version of the SM300 (Spectre edition), I doubt they will be featuring NATO strap again though. In the recent Omega event, Daniel Craig mentioned he likes a watch with a blue dial, so maybe that's a hint.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    Yesterday I got an email from Omega with an animation showing" all the parts of our brand new watch" it's a Seamaster with a hippocampus case back and a 8500 derived movent, arrow hands and pointed markers, other than that they stop short of showing too much detail. I've been expecting a steel on steel blue SM300 as mentioned above, and maybe a gmt version, hopefully they'll stop with MORE planet ocean models and monstrosities!

unnamed.gif
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I cant see the next watch being as big of a deal as the Spectre one was. Or rather I cant see how they can top it. As long as Omega is involved no doubt the watch will get a special edition and what not but I think the Spectre watch was the peak of their marketing and involvement with the franchise.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Yesterday I got an email from Omega with an animation showing" all the parts of our brand new watch" it's a Seamaster with a hippocampus case back and a 8500 derived movent, arrow hands and pointed markers, other than that they stop short of showing too much detail. I've been expecting a steel on steel blue SM300 as mentioned above, and maybe a gmt version, hopefully they'll stop with MORE planet ocean models and monstrosities!
    https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/UsmSUA1HvIeaFmLhR9BmASur8re9laG1Cm6T_0yNLAVkIW7YOKAfUhUIF9Gg3VaONgGHQYsYpDIvXMH7lUoBIbZ2_6E9QqLr4zfnX-vZnUlTfsX-HELXdm5j6aZR6a4=s0-d-e1-ft#http://webe.emv3.com/omega/2017/Minute_Baselworld_Teasing/EN/visuel-1.gif

I have often thought they missed a trick not releasing the vintage SM300 with a blue face and broad arrow hands imagine this in Blue and on OEM Mesh!

Just B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

IMG_3129.jpg

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JancikJancik Posts: 87MI6 Agent
    https://www.facebook.com/omega/videos/10154972567177211/ Here is the video of Chris' gif.
    I wonder if they will slowly keep releasing their vintage range as unveiling new models...
    edited March 2017
    Jancik wrote:
    https://www.facebook.com/omega/videos/10154972567177211/ Here is the video of Chris' gif.
    I wonder if they will slowly keep releasing their vintage range as unveiling new models...
    Thanks for that jancik -{
    You're very welcome -{ :)
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    Here's the Baselworld Seamaster 300 limited edition, along with the 1957 collection:
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/baselworld2017/1957-trilogy/

23410392101001.png
    All quite nice looking watches, nothing spectacular and the 1957 SM300 isn't so different from current model.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    Nice to see Omega finally embracing a smaller case for some of its newer models.
    Yes 38mm is a nice size.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    The new Omega Big Blue already been posted what are people's views on it? Do people see it as a Bond watch?
    Anthony
    No :-D
    No, unless in a sporting setting, but there's too much orange on It, the new aqua terras look nice, I like the new style dial.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Ahoi_hero.jpg

if it only came in green :x
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!