Things you were wrong about (the confession thread)

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,766MI6 Agent
This is the thread where you own up to the things you were wrong about. Any subject is allowed, but there are some rules:
- This isn't a discussion thread. We admit to our own mistakes, we don't point out other people's mistakes.
- No false confessions. By this I mean no "confessions" that are really support for your own views. (e.g. "I disdn't think Newman's score for SPECTRE would be that bad"
- No confessions that are really digs at/attacks on other members.
We all know this thread will be closed if it is misused, so let's keep it open!

I'll start:

I was wrong when I supported the Nobel Peace Prize for Obama

I was wrong when I didn't want Lea Seydoux to play Madeleine in SPECTRE

I shouldn't have posted the photos of the slaugthered reindeer

What about you? :v

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Can't think of anything. ? ......... No, Nothing comes to mind ! :p

I was wrong about Ben Affleck making a good Batman. ( He turned out very good )
    I was wrong about QOS being a sh*t film ( as it's pretty good )

I'm certain there are more, but that's all can think of at the moment.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    I was wrong when I predicted here (many years ago) that MGW & BB would re-sign Pierce Brosnan for CR06.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,766MI6 Agent
    It seems the three of us are the only ones here in AJB007 who's ever been wrong about something :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,673MI6 Agent
    edited April 2017
    I was wrong in thinking that Spectre (2015) would actually be titled Risico or some other remaining Fleming short story title.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I've had LTK on the top of my favourites a long time ago 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I've had LTK on the top of my favourites a long time ago 8-)
    I knew it!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I was wrong when I left the cinema after watching dad and thought I had grown out of Bond.
    Daniel Craig had been one of favourite actors for years, then he signed up as bond and I was wrong thinking he would be am awful bond, how happy I was when I went to the cinema to watch cr and came away overjoyed that I was wrong.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Can't think of anything. ? ......... No, Nothing comes to mind ! :p

I was wrong about Ben Affleck making a good Batman. ( He turned out very good )
    I was wrong about QOS being a sh*t film ( as it's pretty good )

I'm certain there are more, but that's all can think of at the moment.

Surely you haven't forgiven QOS pre-title wonky footage of the lake? Time must be a great healer... :))
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    I voted leave in Brexit. I did it for a number of reasons, but should have thought about my children's future and their freedom of movement and employment opportunities. And the fact Europe is peaceful after two world wars. I think I was one of many who wanted to send a message to the government (even though I vote Tory - ****, it doesn't get better...) and thought it would never happen. In my defence, all the best arguments for and against have come out after the referendum...
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Ahem, the best arguments where out before the vote but have been regarded as scaremongering - a word, which I have learnt during the Brexit discussions on AJB
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I voted leave in Brexit. I did it for a number of reasons, but should have thought about my children's future and their freedom of movement and employment opportunities. And the fact Europe is peaceful after two world wars. I think I was one of many who wanted to send a message to the government (even though I vote Tory - ****, it doesn't get better...) and thought it would never happen. In my defence, all the best arguments for and against have come out after the referendum...

I said that to someone the other day. If the 'Remain' campaign hadn't gone down the 'armageddon' and 'WW3' route and just explained properly what the benefits of remaining were, they'd have probably won.

I was also very wrong about Daniel Craig as Bond and was very rude about his appearance at the time he was announced ;%
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,766MI6 Agent
    Only Europeans have been wrong about anything the last few years. That makes sense :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I could fill up an entire forum with things I've been wrong about :#

But specifically re Bond: I was wrong when I thought Daniel Craig would be a poor replacement for Pierce Brosnan, and when I left the cinema after CR thinking it wasn't that good. :o
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Mr_Sable_BasiliskMr_Sable_Basilisk BerlinPosts: 50MI6 Agent
    I never thought that Donald Trump would become POTUS or that England + Wales would vote to leave the EU and take Scotland and Northern Ireland with them. Just shows you it helps to read newspapers and watch news outside your comfort zone to appreciate other points of views.

I thought a tough line regarding Greece would stablilize the EU. Instead it fomented anti-EU resentments all over southern Europe.

My recent Bond mistake:

I thought Christoph Waltz would make a great villain. Sorry Christoph, wrong role, wrong movie :(
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    I also thought the UK would vote to remain in the EU.

(And like the OP says, this isn't a discussion thread! :) )
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    I have to confess that I once though that maybe, just maybe some of the other Bond girls might have been better looking than Carole Bouquet...but I was wrong...
    Carole_Bouquet.jpg
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    I have been too hard on Roger Moore. I will never confess it again.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey