Interest: Crockett and Jones Islay DC Personal Boots Order

TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
Hey all,

I've been chatting with Crockett and Jones' mail order service about getting them to make a pair of CJ Islay boots in the smooth tan/brown leather of DC's personal boots. These are the boots I'm talking about. Gallery here http://imgur.com/a/LN0CX

McjbHaN.jpg
I sent them this pic and C&J are saying that they think they are Islay's in Dark Brown Calf that were made for the Dragon Tattoo Press tour. They are well worn, so they feel they have lightened up.

Pernilla at C&J has confirmed that the boots are indeed Dark Brown Calf and were ordered through the NYC C&J store.

Would anyone else be interested in actually moving forward in purchasing these boots? If I can get 12 people confirmed for ordering, the cost would be 470£ + shipping.

I would gather up everyone required and get everything submitted to C&J. If it all comes together, it would be 8-10 weeks build time before being shipped. Wanted to engage here and see what people's thoughts are.

1. TheExit148 9.5E

Let's start with interest by posted a message here, with interest and size required. Also, any advice from user's who have previously been involved in a 12 boot order from C&J for the black Molton boots. This is my first, so looking for previous experience is always nice.

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Just to clear it up, the screen used boots were definitely dark brown scotch grain. I'm familiar with a few pairs of DC's screen worn boots and they are certainly that spec but finished to give an extremely worn look which makes them lighter in many places similar to the one pictured above. Stunts the same. Going from that, and having experience over the years with C&J's boots the smooth ones shown above are almost certainly dark brown and not tan too. Their boots get lighter with wear, even when polish is applied regularly.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Just to clear it up, the screen used boots were definitely dark brown scotch grain. I'm familiar with a few pairs of DC's screen worn boots and they are certainly that spec but finished to give an extremely worn look which makes them lighter in many places similar to the one pictured above. Stunts the same. Going from that, and having experience over the years with C&J's boots the smooth ones shown above are almost certainly dark brown and not tan too. Their boots get lighter with wear, even when polish is applied regularly.
    Thanks for the info. I'm updating above post.
    edited May 2017
    Just wanted to bump this up and see if there is more interest.

C&J is going to send me some pics of a few leathers to compare. I am leaning towards a more tan colour for these. After photographing my Dark Brown Scotch Grains in different lights, with and without flash, I don't think they'll ever lighten up to DC's boots. Especially when looking at the tongue/toe area and upper sides that are usually covered by pants.
    Bumping up for more info.

Pernilla at C&J has confirmed that the boots are indeed Dark Brown Calf (smooth) and they were ordered through the NYC C&J store.

Please respond if anything intersest! I would really like to get 12 boot order in to save on costs for the boot.