Goldfinger Musical Score

007Dalton007Dalton Posts: 3MI6 Agent
What do you think of it. I love it, a Barry classic.

Comments

• taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Its pretty good, but not Barry's best. I like the instrumental version of Goldfinger on it.

The problem with it, I think is that it fits the movie too well, where you need to be watching the movie to enjoy it. It doesnt stand up so well on its own. Still said, its a great score.
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    It's a pretty cool score, very jazzy and cool. It fits the film very well and symbolizes the hipness of the 60's Bond films and Goldfinger in general. Unfortunately a lot of cues are missing on the original soundtrack, which doesn't make it as interesting as some of the other soundtracks. Even after the secondary tracks on another CD (I forgot which, sorry), there are still a lot of missing cues like the Kentucky stud farm one with Vic Flick's very cool guitar bit. "Into Miami" is my favorite track. All and all, it's very good but not the best.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
  • KissyLoverKissyLover AustraliaPosts: 139MI6 Agent
    Goldfinger is easily one of my fav soundtracks, it's probably the one I have listen to a most and is one of the only original soundtracks I still owned on Vinyl for many years. When I had the chance to buy the CD re-releases a few years ago GF was the first one I re-purchased...the next two where YOLT and Thunderball.

All Bond, VERY Bond. :007)