Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

1585586587588589591Β»

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 3,850MI6 Agent

It’s 7am as I type this on Mactan and it’s already 27C 😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,492MI6 Agent

We've had snow this morning and according to my weather app we're having rain at 1pm then sunshine at 2pm.

Just need some wind then I think we'll have a full set!!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,562MI6 Agent

Tonight we had snow and strong wind. I felt that was enough for April, but then the thunder and lightening started. πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

I'm in danger of turning this thread into the weather thread, but I need to tell someone of all the showering I've done today.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,579MI6 Agent

We had a bit of snow here yesterday but it's melted away again. There are still occasional flakes of snow that blow around in the wind and it is still very bitterly cold so there could well be more snow on the way. There are some flakes of snow falling as I type this in fact. It comes and goes but isn't lying this time around.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

The spring continues....

edited April 7

I just read the US is experiencing a crippling ketchup shortage. As a survivor if the great Norwegian butter shortage of 2011 my heart goes out to you. πŸ€—

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,579MI6 Agent
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Yes. Soon Biden will promise a million gallon of ketchup in the next hundred days. 😁

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,743MI6 Agent

Can't they sauce some from elsewhere?

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 30,821Chief of Staff

This should have been obvious, in heinzsight.

They'll soon be in the red again.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,050MI6 Agent

They're bound to come through when the chips are down.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Today we had the best weather in..... 2021 with sun and nearly blue sky. After dinner I shoveled the snow off half the veranda, brought out a kitchen chair and listened to a podcast while tanning. Wonderful! 😎

More snow news!

A young man and an even younger woman were driving to a cabin just north of Oslo when the car got stuck in the snow. It turned out they were victims of a gaffe on the GPS map and for the last 10-12 kilometers they were driving on a ski trail! Don't you hate it when that happens? 🀣

I've just finished listening to the new episode of JBR. They have re-opened after the winter, much like a road through a mountain pass. Listening to Chris and Tom was extremely welcome, less like the opening of a mountain road and more like a heavy drinker happily falling off the wagon. πŸ“»

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 963MI6 Agent
    edited April 16

I have just logged in and notice I have 71 private messages?!

Some of them (I think) are in a 'group chat' about (again I think) watching a film?)

The new system has left me a bit confused.

Are some these supposed 'new messages' actually old ones which are already in my archive? I think they are but they are still showing up as new messages?

Does private messaging under the new system now mean that others can see your messages?

EDIT: Yes. After looking it seems many of the messages are old ones but they appear as 'new messages'. I can't understand why the 'group chat' thing is happening?

Hi, Joshua 😊

Would you be interested in watching "Where Eagles Dare" with me and a few other members on Sunday? We start the movie at precisely the same time (8 PM GMT) and comment on it on the Where Eagles Dare thread in Off topic. It's all good, friendly fun. A bit like sitting in the same room watching a movie together, only we are in different countries. Care to join us?

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,138Chief of Staff

After the upgrade to AJB all old PM’s show as being ‘new’…any messages that are in a ‘group chat’ means that anyone in that group chat can see your response...

YNWA 96