Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

1598599600601602604»

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,767MI6 Agent

Thank you, @chrisno1. 🙂

Thank you, @Number24. Yes, I'm glad to be here with you all too. 🙂

Thank you, @caractacus potts. It's good to still be here. I do like to go in-depth with the literary Bond topics in particular. I need to get to work on a few more topic ideas. I enjoy what you bring to the table too in terms of posts and research. I suppose I am pretty original as the first memberships on this iteration of AJB go back to March 2002 I think.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,950MI6 Agent

When nature calls - public toilets in Norway!

You're welcome to take a leak 😀

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 4,260MI6 Agent

A month after the typhoon there are still over 40,000 people living in evacuation centres. 75% of the region has power and water restored. The internet is still weak and the Cignal cable tv service is still off-air. Over one and a quarter million houses were damaged or destroyed. Mine, on Mactan Island, suffered roof damage, this has now been covered so rain cannot come in but replacement items are hard to come by and labour is at a shortage and it could be many weeks before we are able to return there, so we are at our condo across the bridge in Cebu City for the foreseeable future. Fortunately, our condo is undamaged as it isn’t on the top floor and power and water is restored, so we are feeling lucky that we have survived intact.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 32,264Chief of Staff

When it isn't in the news, people including me tend to think a major bad event is over. That's never true, and dealing with the aftereffects is a long, hard slog.

My more limited experience with extreme weather is that the aftermath and repairing the affected areas can be harder than the weather itself. I wish the best for CHB and the country.

Dolph Lundgren is engaged to Norwegian Emma Krokdal. Does this mean Dolph has to learn to speak Swedish again? 🤣

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 1,660MI6 Agent

Dolph has learnt to speak ? Are you sure ?

Others must judge if he can speak English. But his Swedish sounds like he moved from the land of American straight-to-video action movies to Sweden a year or two ago, and not like someone who grew up in Sweden, I suspect the couple has to speak English for him to express himself at a basic level.

edited January 21

Happy 18th birthday princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway! She's third in line to the throne and will be the first ruling Norwegian queen since the middle ages.

As required for all members of the royal family she's a skilled skier: Sjå kongefamilien på ski – Siste nytt – NRK

But the Kate Middleton lookalike also won the national junior championship in surfing in 2020!

edited January 21

The research station on the island Hopen on Svalbard raised the flag in honour of the princess. The king of the Arctic naturally came by to pay tribute to the princess of Norway!