Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,125MI6 Agent

All we need now is for Number24 to say he is 'offended' and demand that the posts are removed!!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 19,983MI6 Agent

CHB and I are friends om PMs, but we usually avoid politics. This is because we both think we're right, but I really am right and I simply avoid the subject to spare him the humiliation. 😎

I'm actually relieved that Joshua doesn't find me attractive. I feel safer now ..... 😁

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 33,442Chief of Staff

Yes, we're all really confused by the current weather!

Number24 wrote "I'm actually relieved that Joshua doesn't find me attractive. I feel safer now ....."

I am offended by this and have written to Barbel to have him banned and all his posts removed!

Barbel has just replied that while he is looking for a way to get rid of N24, apparently N24 has some photographs of Barbel which he has threatened to send to the newspapers?!

I think we will just have to endure N24s presence until the photographs and the negatives are recovered!

I told Thunderpussy that those were our little secret and he wasn't to show them to anyone! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

"When moderators fear their members, there is liberty. When members fear their moderators, there is tyrany"

- No real Jefferson quote sounds even vaguely like this, but we live by it anyway!

edited July 21

You will never find the photos I cleverly hid next to my smalahove recipie. No-one ever looks there!

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 4,762MI6 Agent

Despite N24 being very gullible (he believes every “scientific” report that he can dredge up that supports his theories) he’s a very nice fellow and I won’t hear a word against him πŸ˜‰

People may well have photographic evidence against Barbel, but I have recorded evidence of him playing the James Bond Theme on his guitar 😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

I won't hear a word against CHB (unless it's descretely posted to me in a PM. Scientific proof that he is wrong is extra welcome).

Just as long as every one at AJB realises I am right about every thing all the time then we will all get along very well!

It is difficult being perfect, but I manage it.

DO NOT TELL MY WIFE I SAID THIS!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

edited July 14

My brother-in-law gave my sisters the book "Patronizing and belitteling techniques - ruthless and effective" for her birthday. I'm not sure he thought that he thought that one through properly ... πŸ˜‚

edited July 19

Today I cut the grass on a (roughly) 190 years old road. πŸ™‚

My back garden could do with the same. How is Saturday for you?

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,898MI6 Agent

I cut my lawn yesterday but it's nowhere near as impressive as that. I imagine my garden is pretty old too given my family have lived here for a few hundred years. The house is over a hundred years old too.

P.S. I'm avaliable for garden work. πŸ˜ƒ

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Saturday, then. £20 ok for you?

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,898MI6 Agent
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

I need the money, but there are some practical issues: moving the equipment, the weather, Brexit ... 😁

My grandfather actually used that machine for cutting the lawn from time to time. He was a man's man without even trying.

Did your family really have a lawn that far back, SM? I remember my grandparents telling stores of how the neighbours and their parents thought gardens was a silly idea. Gardens were for "rich" people in towns, not something farmers should do. The sheep could simply eat the grass around the houses as they always had.

edited August 7

I need the money too. Always useful in these hard times of rising inflation, rising prices and the cost of living crisis. What a time to be alive! Thanks for that, Vladi. πŸ˜”

I think my late father used to cut the lawn with one of those old manual mowers years ago as I know he made part of one into a thing on wheels to lift and move bags of peats etc. I also remember seeing the old circular rotary blade from it in one of our outhouses. We've been using a lawnmower with an engine on our lawn for as long as I can remember though.

I don't really know how long we've had a lawn, N24, but I think there's been a garden here of some kind for a long while. I've heard elderly relatives sadly now deceased talk of "the Two Trees" which used to be in the garden in front of the house. Apparently that's what our home was known as. I don't think any of those trees are there now though we do have a very old crab apple tree in the garden which is rather gnarled but still bears fruit because it can reproduce with a much younger crab apple tree nearby. I do remember an old labernum tree being in our garden too when I was growing up but it died and rotted away eventually. Just as well, perhaps, as those trees are poisonous.

I live on a farm too but I just have what my father and other uncles, aunts and cousins have told me over the years to go by. It doesnt help that I'm the youngest cousin on both sies of the family. Sometimes we don't always ask the questions we should while we still can. My father died when I was 18 so I didn't get the longest time with him but I'm grateful he was there until I reached adulthood at least.

Growing up on a farm is a special experience. πŸ‘πŸ‚

It is indeed. Our farm was just a smallholding but I enjoyed looking after the cattle when I had them. The land is now let but I still do some maintenance work when required.

All right, you leave the Port Royal Road out of Kingston. Then, along the Winthrop Road, until you get to the cement factory. Then you turn left. Follow the road up the hill. Down the other side. And two miles further on, on the left, Magenta Drive 2391. I'll be waiting for you.

Sounds a trifle ominous. Is this the Garden of Death by any chance? 🀨

You've been listening to my neighbours, haven't you?

Oh, they're too busy lounging around in this heat. Finally the heatwave hits Scotland. Natives confused by sight of large yellow object in the sky. 2nd hand shops deluged with coats, jackets and umbrellas. Pubs packed with thirsty punters... oh wait a minute, there's nothing unusual in that.

edited July 20

What's this heat you're talking about? Or the yellow object in the sky? πŸ˜‰

This is a photo of my younger sister and her family leaving the town of Ålesund on Monday. Today was a bit warmer, but nothing uncomfortable.

It's hot here, but not like they have in England and Wales. Nice pic πŸ˜€