Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited August 2022

I'm watching a group of porpoise attacking a shoal of fish from my window right now. Dinnertime for the porpoise!

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent

I'm sure you're watching with porpoise. ๐Ÿ˜‰

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

๐Ÿ˜‚

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff

Thanks, it’s been fantastic so far ๐Ÿธ

YNWA 97

Today I pray for the life of author Salman Rushdie after the brutal knife attack.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    edited August 2022

Me too. What an awful and cowardly attack on this great author. I was shocked to hear of his stabbing on the radio news this evening but I suppose he has lived under the shadow of such an assassination attempt for over thirty years, since the publication of The Satanic Verses in 1988.

It had been hoped that this threat had receded somewhat over the years, but it would appear not, the motivation of his attack being currently unknown. At least his attacker has been arrested at the scene in New York and I really hope the authorities literally throw the book at him.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited August 2022

I took these photos a few nights ago. No filters were used because I don't know how. I can't tell you exactly where it is. Section 26 paragraph 5. I'm sure you understand.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff

It's your back door, isn't it? ๐Ÿ˜ Beautiful!

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

Very nice

edited August 2022
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

...and Finland reminded me of Canada, only with more herrings.

Finland also has more saunas than Canada. Probably cannons and citizens with military training too.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    YNWA 97

My sources say Finland is full of mixed-gender saunas. I'm very interested in different cultures.

I think you know when you’re getting old when the headline news is the passing of someone you’ve never heard of! Condolences to the family and friends of Darius Danesh, but I don’t watch reality television it’s never appealed to me, but it does show how out of touch I am with the real world as it is now. I hardly watch any new films, there really is virtually nothing that appeals to me, I’m done to death with superhero movies, although I still love to read my silver age comicbooks. The Bond films are going in a direction I don’t like and it may well be the end of that for me as well. I will stick to the original DN-LTK run instead, although I will watch CR06 again, such a shame it ultimately went lame.

I know that the world progresses and it’s for the young generation, I can remember laughing at my dad for not knowing who Roy Wood and Noddy Holder were, it’s just when you actually reach that point in your life you wonder where all the years went.

Agree with you on most of that, of course, but I still have hope that the Bond films will sort themselves out.

A new era of Bond films is always a chance for change and a new direction. If you don't like the current direction of the Bond films there's always the hope that you will like the next iteration of Bond better. I'm a Bond film traditionalist too though I did enjoy the back to the books approach of the Craig era after the Fleming-lite Brosnan era.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Just wait for f*king snow shovel season in Canada.

I bet you‘re gonna miss the UK very soon ๐Ÿค”

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited August 2022

Just saw my cousin and his wife over from Toronto last night at a family get together and his wife was talking about Vancouver and Victoria. She said they were very British compared with other parts of Canada and that a lot of rich retirees lived there, given the property prices there.

edited October 2022

Have you seen the Finish PM's leaked dancing video? Fight for your right to PAAARTY, is say!

What kind of crisis can happen in Finland in the middle of the night that requires a completely sober PM anyway? ๐Ÿ˜

I say we forgive her because she's hot. โ˜บ๏ธ

It speaks for the crazy time that we are living in when those kind of recordings are used as political footballs.

She‘s dancing - she‘s having fun - where is the problem?

edited August 2022

I think we should be very grateful it's her we get a video of dancing and not for example Olaf Schulz, Boris Johnson or Biden. ๐Ÿ˜ง

edited August 2022

I hear she's having a drug test taken to prove she wasn't on any illegal drugs at the time. I suppose politicians partying has been a big news story here in the UK over the last year with the Partygate scandal. It's been one of the things that has forced Boris Johnson out of office. I've read that the German Chancellor Olaf Scholz is in some kind of bother too and there are even calls for him to resign.

I would like someone to compare the dancing of Sanna Marin and Theresa May. Who's the best?

Surely there's no contest with the UK's own Dancing Queen? It has to be Theresa May.

It was not the partying per se that forced BoJo out of office.

He shouldn‘t have repeatedly done it while demanding that his population stay at home during Covid lockdowns and he constantly and blatantly lied about it.

So, imo you are comparing apples with oranges here ๐Ÿ˜‰

It’s the housekeeper’s day off today and Mrs CHB has gone to church with family, so I’ve cooked myself a James Bond breakfast. Scrambled eggs on sourdough toast followed by more toast with Frank Cooper’s Vintage Oxford marmalade and a pot of Blue Mountain coffee. Part of the joy of reading Fleming was his descriptions of food and drink, the stone crabs with melted butter and toast and pink champagne in silver tankards in LALD always makes me hungry!

So, last night...

Our drummer's Ruby Wedding. We're supposed to be retired now, but obviously this was pleasantly unavoidable.

(And the Bond joke- ten fingers on the Fender!)