Last film seen...

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,561Chief of Staff
    Just watched Mickey Mouse's Twice Upon A Christmas. Mickey and Co. have gone all digital on us ! My boy loved it.
    YNWA 97
  • the golden gun guythe golden gun guy USAPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    cinema-the terminal

home-patriot games i just love that movie

but not as much as James Bond
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    The Score starring Deniro, Norton and Brando - good heist movie.

Harts War Bruce Willis and Colin Farrell - okish a bit slow at times. Still enjoyed it though.
  • 007online007online Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

really really enjoyed this film, with some good acting and nice suprises throughout - excellent !
  • LBTVLBTV Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Quoting MAHO:
    I wrote:
    >
    > I've just sat through 3 seasons of Coupling.
    > What an amazing show.

And now I've also seen series 4. Except for a few odd scenes here and there, it was rather a disappointment. Pity.

I can't believe that got rid of Geoff in season 4, he was one of the funniest characters. I think they should of got rid of Patrick.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Been under the weather lately, haven't really been able to sit at the computer for any long period of time- So what better chance then to catch some classics.

The Black Swan : with Tyrone Power and Maureen O'Hara. Forget POTC, this is the real swashbuckling mcCoy.

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty : with the manic energies of the brilliant Danny Kaye and the drop dead leg gorgeous forget all other women forever, Virginia Mayo. (yoww!) She went to to make four films with the Inspector General. They were quite a team.

And finally Flash Gordon: There are many reasons to catch this, but I'll just mention a couple.

Timothy Dalton: "Lying bitch!" (my goodness, shades of CR? He was doing Bond before he was playing Bond.

Brian Blessed: "Divve!" and "Gordon's Alivve?" Simply delicious.

Peter Wyngarde: You gotta love the way he pronounces, "Earth". Looking down on all those pathetic Earthlings.. ;)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Ring - the Japanese version. Not really as creepy as I'd heard, though the end grips. Couldn't quite follow all of it, a few non-sequitors in there.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited November 2004
    Back to the Future 1 and 2
    gladiator
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    I just finished watching Steven Spielberg's the Terminal a few minutes ago and ended up enjoying it much more than I had expected. It's quite charming, absolutely unbelievable, and mildly predictable though thankfully the ending was much more open-ended than I had expected it to be. Sure, there are definitely the trademark Spielberg moments of sentimentality, overtly romanticized touches (especially near the end fifteen minutes or so, but I don't want to give it all away). Tom Hanks is wonderfully whimsical and charmingly quirky as Viktor Navorski, the man trapped in an airport terminal while no country will recognize his citizenship of a civil war-ridden country. As for Catherine Zeta-Jones, well, I got the impression that she was mostly playing herself; I wasn't terribly impressed with her performance in this one. Go watch Chicago if you want to see her do something more than look pretty. Enjoyable and a bit fluffy but definitely a nice family movie to watch.

And for some bizarre reason I am absolutely gleeful that John Williams didn't do his own orchestrations on his score for this film.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Shrek 2 with my wife and children! What a fun film! Antonio Banderas' character stole the show!
    "Fear me.....if you dare!"

The film was loaded with homages to many films that completely went over my boys heads, but my wife and I got em'!
    I just got done watching that to good film
    now I'm gonna go watch FRWL
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    I just finished watching Woody Allen's "Take The Money & Run". A sheer classic IMO.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • wormloverwormlover Formerly Derbyshire, UKPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    I watched "Heartbreakers" this morning. the way I see it, I needed a good comedy this morning
    edited November 2004
    Target Earth - with handsome Richard Denning of Creature From The Black Lagoon fame and cute Kathleen Crowley a staple of US television programs during the 50's.

A mixed bag but still classic. Low budget affair compensated by a dark claustrophobic atmosphere. Deserted city, quiet streets, etc. Produced by Herman Cohen, an interesting little film.
    Just saw The Incredibles over the weekend, and I definitely recommend that everyone sees it. Excellent, entertaining film with a lot of Bond parodies/homages. Perhaps I'll list them all later.

My only issue with this film is that they do not cite John Barry in the credits at all (I stayed to the very, very end) despite the fact that he did (rumor has it) write some of the incidental music. And after watching the film, there are certain scenes that I KNOW must have been written by the master film composer himself. Still, Michael Giannchino (whose last name I still cannot spell) did some excellent musical homages to the 60's Bond film music.
    Just watched King Arthur: The Director's Cut. I was eager to see this as both Owen and Grufford starred. It's dire, Owen was dreadful - so wooden in fact, that I'm still pulling the splinters out of my bum !!! Grufford fared a little better, but the script was so bad it must have been difficult to do anything with it.
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    I didn't know there was A Director's Cut of Arthur.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • The BaronThe Baron Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Another Stakeout. Wasn't bad , had its moments but wasnt as good as the 1st.
    Quoting Sir Miles:
    Just watched King Arthur: The Director's Cut. I was eager to see this as both Owen and Grufford starred. It's dire, Owen was dreadful - so wooden in fact, that I'm still pulling the splinters out of my bum !!! Grufford fared a little better, but the script was so bad it must have been difficult to do anything with it.

I saw it at the cinema -the original version -the directors cut is supposed be bloodier -but even that doesn't entice me to buy it.
    Quoting scaramanga1:
    I saw it at the cinema -the original version -the directors cut is supposed be bloodier -but even that doesn't entice me to buy it.

Well, there is a bit of blood and gore - not masses. What did you think of the acting of Owen and Grufford ? The script was dire wasn't it !
    YNWA 97
    Currently watching Rambo 3 :)
    Quoting Sir Miles:
    Quoting Sir Miles:
    Quoting scaramanga1:

Well, there is a bit of blood and gore - not masses. What did you think of the acting of Owen and Grufford ? The script was dire wasn't it !

Yes very dire.
    Saw Alexander. Considering he was one of the greatest military intellects in history, they've shown this by giving us two, (yes that's right, a big ol two) battles. Harumph!! Alexander the not so great, rather watch the mediocre Burton version ..

Oh and Angelina played Farrell's mother. Yes you heard that right.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Watched Ocean's Eleven and Fight Club on DVD (guess it was a Brad Pitt festival). Had never seen either. OE was as advertised -- a cute caper with loads of great-looking people. One word on FC -- WOW.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Quoting Alex:
    Saw Alexander. Considering he was one of the greatest military intellects in history, they've shown this by giving us two, (yes that's right, a big ol two) battles. Harumph!! Alexander the not so great, rather watch the mediocre Burton version ..

Oh and Angelina played Farrell's mother. Yes you heard that right.

I've only seen a clip of Alexander but I couldn't take my eyes off Farrell's wig !!
    YNWA 97
  • autographareaautographarea Posts: 356MI6 Agent
    Just watched "National Treasure" - really liked it, and not only because the best "german export ever" (Diane Kruger) was in it :-)
    Enter The Dragon and Big Boss :) I just luv a bit of Bruce Lee! :)
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Ihe Incredibles ... and a fab film it was too.

Shame that they couldn't keep Barry on board though and I can't remember them using any version of OHMSS in the final film despite it being so prominent in the trailers.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    "The Last Starfighter" (1984)

Robert Preston continues to shine...
    Quoting Predator:
    Ihe Incredibles ... and a fab film it was too.

Shame that they couldn't keep Barry on board though and I can't remember them using any version of OHMSS in the final film despite it being so prominent in the trailers.

Definitely it was a shame about Barry-you can hear some of his work in the film (Giacchino's a good imitator, but he's not THAT good) yet Barry's not credited anywhere. I'm quite sure that they still did leave in some of his work during the film-once I get the soundtrack I can verify this for certain.

Watched Lawrence of Arabia for the first time on TCM, and I can definitely see why it's a classic. Excellent performances by Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif, and I now understand Noel Coward's remark to O'Toole ("If you had been any prettier it would've been Florence of Arabia"). Maurice Jarre's sweeping, majestic, but relatively monothematic score is a bit grating after awhile.

I also rewatched Fiddler on the Roof again this morning, also on TCM. Also a great film, the musical aspects wonderfully interwoven with the script. Rather fun to see Topol, aka Columbo of FYEO, to sing and dance.