Best level in From Russia With Love

13»

Comments

• Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    The BORDER level is the only one that really stands out for me.
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    OCTOPUS Base for me. It's classic Bond!
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    My favorite levels are the Hedgemaze, because you have to use stealth to get around the maze,also the mini section at MI6 HQ is a blast talking M, Miss Moneypenny, and going to Q's lab. Also I enjoyed the
    Gypsy camp with it's all out battle, Sniper alley, were both stealth and firepower are needed to win.
    Lastly the factory level I had a ball on I have all enjoyed any Bond game were you have to engage in sabatoge/ demolotions work, plus it has the armor pieceing rifle (the best gun in the game . LOL) and the snow suit.(My favorite oufit in the game, too bad they never had this one in on of the films.)
  • Bond_is_koolBond_is_kool Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Hm...maybe the factory level or maybe the Hedgemaze. I'm not really sure.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited August 2006
    I couldn't pick a particular level since I lost interest in this game shortly after acquiring it. It just got soooo monotonous with the shooting. Every level had the same type of action to me...Bang-bang-bang. 30 bullets to kill one guy. 8-)

It's a shame too because of the Connery factor.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    I agree, Rogue. Even with the Connery factory the game just felt weak, his voice acting skills need a lot more work. (IMO, he did the worst job recreating what his character sounded like back then).
    edited August 2006
    I agree, Rogue. Even with the Connery factory the game just felt weak, his voice acting skills need a lot more work. (IMO, he did the worst job recreating what his character sounded like back then).

You do realize that as we age, our vocals aren't as virale as they once were. Of course you don't have to worry about that for some time to come but it's inevitable, JFF. :)

It was an honor to have Sean's voice back for the role he made iconic.

It was just everything else about this game that erked me to no end.

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I couldn't pick a particular level since I lost interest in this game shortly after acquiring it.

So Rogue, did you ever make it thru the sewers?
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I couldn't pick a particular level since I lost interest in this game shortly after acquiring it.

No. ;% :))

That being said, it doesn't even rate as moderate for playability. I've played AUF & NF 3 times over. Don't really know the attraction to those two but I'm crazy about them.

RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

That being said, it doesn't even rate as moderate for playability. I've played AUF & NF 3 times over. Don't really know the attraction to those two but I'm crazy about them.

I started playing the game again last night; I'd only gotten thru the first level when my 360 arrived and after that I quickly forgot about FRWL.

I'm about 4-5 levels in so I should reach the sewers soon. I'll let you know how I make out. By the way, is it me or does this game have a bland, washed out color palette? Maybe the 360 spoiled me but when I played this (and it was on a regular 27" tube set) the graphics were just blah.

Based on what I've played so far, AUF, NF and EON are all superior games. EON is still tops in my book and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Microsoft will at least make it backwards compatible with the 360.
    OMG! You're right about it looking a little pale on color. I just thought they were trying to give it that 60s, old film look.

Excessive shooting and Bond Connery just don't mix to me. Should've been a little Splinter Cell added in to keep it fresh.

edited August 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

I got to the sewers last night, and I see what you mean about that level. It's not particularly hard but the controls really work against you; they're very slow to respond and you can't target certain enemies at certain points in the level, leaving you open to attacks. The trick is to destroy all the floating barrels and quickly take out any enemies with rocket launchers.

Still, very lame game and clearly released before all the kinks were ironed out. There are so many little bugs and glitches that, when added together, quickly take you out of the experience and make for some frustrating gameplay. I think this one is even worse than Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, and that's really saying something.
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

I got to the sewers last night, and I see what you mean about that level. It's not particularly hard but the controls really work against you; they're very slow to respond and you can't target certain enemies at certain points in the level, leaving you open to attacks. The trick is to destroy all the floating barrels and quickly take out any enemies with rocket launchers.

Still, very lame game and clearly released before all the kinks were ironed out. There are so many little bugs and glitches that, when added together, quickly take you out of the experience and make for some frustrating gameplay. I think this one is even worse than Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, and that's really saying something.

Please let me know how you got out of the sewers with the jetpack, Tony. This sequence ****es me off the most thus far. X-(

It's RIDICULOUS odds!

It's so stupid that I sometimes don't care if I conclude the game or not.

Oh, I haven't made it thru yet. I played it last night around 8:00pm, got as far as the 3rd gate you need to blast the gears on ... and then the game glitched out on me and crashed. X-( That was when I pulled the plug for the evening. I'll try it again tonight, but the game is very quickly becoming tedious.

You're absolutely right: it's a very frustrating level full of cheap enemies and absolutely no fun at all. It also doesn't help that there are no checkpoints and if you get killed, you get bounced all the way back to the start.
    The sewers one... is that the one when you're in the boat with Kerim? Or is that an extra mission? Either way, the extra missions in FRWL are so hard and annoying that it disgusts me!

I remember having a hard time with the Kerim boat one too, how irritating it was! Plus if you die you have to restart from the beginning!

FRWL is a mediocre game but nowhere near the bottom of the barrel as GE:RA.
    FRWL is a mediocre game but nowhere near the bottom of the barrel as GE:RA.

I seem to recall how you expressed your displeasure for that one, JFF... :))

The sewers one... is that the one when you're in the boat with Kerim?

That's the one I'm talking about. Cheap with a capital "C".
    I should rephrase my previous statement, FRWL is mediocre at best. The levels are indeed repetetive, the sewer one I remember being particularly irritating, as I mentioned earlier, it's the same in every level, a few guards in a room, kill them, move to the next one, two guards with a big guard, two body armors, kill them, move to the next room... etc. etc. BORING and relatively EASY.
  • jacob5000jacob5000 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I honestly thought FRWL sucked! I miss the old FPS "MOVIE" games.
  • zebondzebond DolletPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    edited December 2006
    I too found FRWL to be a major let down. Perhaps it was because FRWL is by far my favorite film so my expectations were too high - but I was bored well within a couple levels. When will the next great come out? :'(
    "Guns make me nervous!"
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    All the driving levels got my attentions. Driving the DB5 made me feel like the real James Bond.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Loeffelholz JrLoeffelholz Jr Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    My best level in the game is the very last level. :)
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    edited November 2010
    Just bought the game secondhand a few months back. Wished I bought it when it came out now. :( Anyways...

I have a few favourite levels...

The Hedge Maze - Loved how they blended the tutorial level with the pre-credits scene. Didn't really think much of the MI6 part of the level however, could have just had that as a scene.
    Factory - Wow, what a level. Really enjoyed this one.
    Octopus Base - Great last level, especially the second fight with Red Grant at the end. This and the last level I mentioned just showed me that, along with GoldenEye N64, added levels really can make a game good.
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    I only got up to 'Train' when I first played in 2006 cos I got lazy and annoyed with it. But I have just plugged the PS2 back in and am up to 'Factory'. Im trying to get every thing before I move on to new levels: schematics, points, upgrades etc. I'm really enjoying the game, and wish I persisted 4 years ago.
    After I am going to re-beat 'Everything or Nothing' and 'Nightfire', and give 'GoldenEye: Rogue Agent' another bash...Is it worth it though?
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I enjoyed Rogue Agent, although I admit that the 007 branding was a bit forced. I thought the GoldenEye powers were fun, the weapons were cool, and particularly relished the Crab Key levels at the end. It wasn't an earth-shattering FPS, but it got the job done.