GoldenEye 007

PudachuckPudachuck Posts: 3MI6 Agent
I miss the good ol' days of hours of playing GoldenEye with friends. Now all they seem to do is complain about the controls and how there "aren't two joysticks." It makes me sick. I want to play some GoldenEye...

Comments

• i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Pudachuck wrote:
    I miss the good ol' days of hours of playing GoldenEye with friends. Now all they seem to do is complain about the controls and how there "aren't two joysticks." It makes me sick. I want to play some GoldenEye...

If I could join you in a 2P GOLD (as me and my brother used to call it :v ), I would! Oh well, here's hoping the Nintendo Wii will offer online play for Goldeneye!
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Well, so far it isn't looking good. I've heard that they aren't going to make GE downloadable, but still hopin'.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Isn't GE owned by Rare? I think it would also be a possiblility for XBOX 360 to have it on the marketplace.
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    edited May 2006
    Isn't GE owned by Rare? I think it would also be a possiblility for XBOX 360 to have it on the marketplace.
    It was, but EA now owns the rights to all game incarnations of Bond. Or is it Activision now? ?:)
  • nokomnokom Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    if any of ya have hf2 ya can get goldeneye source mod.
  • RogermooreseyebrowsRogermooreseyebrows Posts: 21MI6 Agent

GoldenEye is property of Rare Ware.

but you will never see it near an Xbox! no chance!
  • IAMBONDIAMBOND Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    It could be a possibility to make goldeneye for XBOX.... :s

What do you think about the graphics?
  • 00Goldeneye00Goldeneye Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    Gates try to have Goldeneye007 one some xboxlive thing, but was not allowed, I heard it on G4TV.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Interesting that I see this thread here, as I started to play the game again yesterday and today. It's kinda fun to play around in, even if the graphics are the same quality of game-making software that you can buy for a mere $60-100, and the gameplay is typical nowadays. I've played the Severnaya Bunker (the unfinished one) today on 007 mode and repeated some traditions I had done long ago (like shooting Boris after the alarm goes off [funny how he and Valentin always reappear after they get killed by you if you want to kill them]), and the occasional shot to the groin on an unsuspecting guard :)) . I always used to do that.
  • chavster1234chavster1234 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Pudachuck wrote:

i still have it i play almost evry day :D its well good
  • BARNEYISBONDOO7BARNEYISBONDOO7 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    i was stupid enough to lend my cousin my nintendo with 57 games, four controllers and all the little extras.

Of all the things i miss, its playing Goldeneye. Still the best multiplayer i know
  • Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    ahhhh, yes, GE 64, I used to play that so much! And the best part is it never got old! Well, recently it did, I miss hours played it!
    Well i think Goldeneye got outdated. The games now have better graphics, Hang-on-to-your-seat moments. Like in Mayhew's house in NF.... :(
    GE should be remade with better graphics...

What do you guys think?
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Are you buddies with Geogre Lucas or something? The out dated graphics are part of the appeal to older games.

The only reason a game should be remade is if it were ****e in the first place.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    if u have counter-strike source u can play a really updated version of Goldeneye called Goldeneye:source, basically goldeneye with alot better graphics and features while revamping the music and weapons and such
  • Templar07Templar07 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    ohhh I agree 100%. the best Multiplayer game out there. None have come close since.
    i was stupid enough to lend my cousin my nintendo with 57 games, four controllers and all the little extras.

Of all the things i miss, its playing Goldeneye. Still the best multiplayer i know
  • DarkevilDarkevil Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Personally, I think that the release of Goldeneye revolutionised the traditional first person shooter. For me, i know it was one of the few Nintendo titles that you could sit and play all day. I only wish that game developers could construct games similar to GE now, where gameplay and replayability where primary to graphical appearance.
  • The ForceThe Force Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    If you still like goldeneye 64, go to detstar.com

hands down, the best place for everything goldeneye
  • Bond_is_koolBond_is_kool Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    iI go there all the time
    Awesome game

Graphics-10
    Shooting-7
    Game itself-9

As you can see all preety high scores
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    Darkevil wrote:
    Personally, I think that the release of Goldeneye revolutionised the traditional first person shooter. For me, i know it was one of the few Nintendo titles that you could sit and play all day. I only wish that game developers could construct games similar to GE now, where gameplay and replayability where primary to graphical appearance.

Sorry, it might be 1996, but GE007 was innovating, and astonisih in therms of graphics, physics and of course, multiplayer.

in fact, it was (over here) more popular than Perfect Dark AKA Goldeneye 2. people make long lines to go to public places and jump run and shoot anyone.

personaly i think there are some games with good multiplayer options (bots) but GE007 is the father of consoles FPS and multiplayer.

Long live to the great N64 ( who just turn 10 years this week)

EA made a HUGE mistake thinking that FRWL would be good because didnt have online mode, just as GE...
  • RogermooreseyebrowsRogermooreseyebrows Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Goldeneye was the first true FPS!

Without it you wouldn't see your crappy Halo's or anything like that.

A true classic, will always remain as the top, top James Bond game, which will NEVER EVER be beaten!

N64 = God like! imagine what Rare could have done with the Bond licence :s. EA messed up several times, with average to poor games :))

Long live Goldeneye! and no chance on the Wii! it's not going to happen. No movie tie-ins are going to be released. So that's top gun on the nes out for example!. 8-)
    I've played (and still do) this game too much...

Brosnan's face is almost off the cartridge, I can name just about every easter egg, glitch, whatever...
  • stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
    What a game!!

Played it so much I finished every level on every difficulty setting, getting all the cheats along the way (toughest time to beat for me was on the statue level).

Loved the multi-player game, but my friends eventually refused to play me as I always beat them. Remember once playing a 4 player game (basement with grenade launchers) and we played it those 3 against me, but (luckily) I still won. Which was nice as my brother normally beats me at most computer games.
  • PudachuckPudachuck Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    stumac7 wrote:
    What a game!!

Played it so much I finished every level on every difficulty setting, getting all the cheats along the way (toughest time to beat for me was on the statue level).

Loved the multi-player game, but my friends eventually refused to play me as I always beat them. Remember once playing a 4 player game (basement with grenade launchers) and we played it those 3 against me, but (luckily) I still won. Which was nice as my brother normally beats me at most computer games.

My friends quit playing against me as well, with one exception: they will play drunk. And on top of that they actually do quite well that way!
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    My friends quit playing against me as well, with one exception: they will play drunk. And on top of that they actually do quite well that way![/quote]

I played a little at first but after moving to my first duty station in he Army we really played almost every weekend. 4 on 4 and the losers would have to take a shot (vodka of course) after a could of hours it didn't matter who good of a gamer you were. You were to drunk to play well.

GOOD TIMES!
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
    I wonder how Goldeneye would look if it were remade today (and I'm not just talking about the Counter-Strike mod -- if it were running as a standalone game).

Also, how long would it be before someone made a mod that had Daniel Craig as Bond instead of Brosnan? :))
  • paskypasky Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    sorry, but how do I get this game for pc?

Thanks
  • paskypasky Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    sorry, but how do I get this game for pc?

Thanks
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    PASKY ! if you have ever seen goldeneye face map editor you can put you self in the game as a character u need to take a picture ofthe front of your face both sides and back and map it onto a game character body.

so you can put any one in the game