Huh?

13»

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Your scenario sounded a bit Schindler's List. :(
    In what way does her scenario sound like a Holocaust film? ?:)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    It just wouldn't do to have the main villian bluntly aim a gun at Bond's head and pull the trigger and act as if there were no consequences. Ouromov can get away with it because he's a soldier and the primary job of a soldier is to kill. But Hugo Drax? Nah. For him to do it would be, as NP mentioned, very dark and tasteless...as much as he was all about 'ethnic cleansing', at least he desired to do it neatly!
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Would you call sicking dobermans on your secretary "neat" ethnic cleansing? ;)
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,937MI6 Agent
    edited October 2006
    harryseeds wrote:
    the line about getting closer to you in jamacia from bond to lieter in goldfinger refers to the book live and let die, in which felix is eaten by sharks ( the scene was used in ltk )and almost dies.
    Hardyboy wrote:
    ... in the novel Goldfinger Bond does not make reference to the enemy getting close to Felix in Jamaica--and why would he? Felix essentially has a cameo in the book, and the novel appeared some five years after LALD and after a mutilated Felix had shown up in DAF. In the movie GF Felix has a relatively large role and he isn't injured at all. As I said, I think the line in the movie is solely to tell viewers that this is the same character from DN, even though he's now played by Cec Linder rather than Jack Lord.
    also Leiter isnt eaten by a shark in Jamaica, hes eaten by a shark in st Petersburg florida before 007 travels to jamaica for Act III
    and hes not in the book Dr No, just in the film
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    In TLD, when Bond goes to get Whitiker, when whiticker is hiding beind that gun with the sheild and Bond shoots at the sheild, why doesnt he just shoot him in the chest?

Its really stupid and frustrating!

I know they wanted to use the key ring finder but seriously....
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    Your scenario sounded a bit Schindler's List. :(
    In what way does her scenario sound like a Holocaust film? ?:)

The nasty scene in The Great Escape and the opening of Saints And Soldiers, the ways it's 'take him out into the woods and cold bloodedly shot'... Still, not having a go at Mrs D's imagination or anything...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    I've always found Mrs D to have a very literal sense of imagination.

In TLD, when Bond goes to get Whitiker, when whiticker is hiding beind that gun with the sheild and Bond shoots at the sheild, why doesnt he just shoot him in the chest?

Its really stupid and frustrating!

I know they wanted to use the key ring finder but seriously....

I seem to remember that Whitaker boasts of the "latest in lightweight body armour", making a headshot through the flimsy-looking plastic shield a good option for young Jimmy.