A certain image

After watching the new trailer several times i cant help noticing the image of him stood in the grey suit holding the MP5 with the supressor, it just looks the dogs danglies, i've looked on the net using google and cant find it, anyone else know of anywhwere i might get it? it'll make good phone and desktop wallpaper.

Comments

• 999154999154 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    You're my new hero, its official.
    I knew someone on here would know where to get it, i can see it being a pop art in the future, thanks for that.
  • JimmyJimmy Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    Man, he looks so cool holding that gun. This will be an iconic moment for Bond, and one of the coolest moments in the film -{
  • ShrublandsShrublands Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    steve234 wrote:
    Oh be quiet . You sound like some silly little school boy.
    "so cool".
    Give it a rest please.
    He looks like some oik posing with a gun... aka some east european mafia thug. Yeah very cool.
    Devoid of all style and class.
    More dumbed down rubbish for the lowest common denominator to appreciate.
    ****!!!!

Charming!
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    steve234 wrote:
    "so cool".
    Give it a rest please.
    He looks like some oik posing with a gun... aka some east european mafia thug. Yeah very cool.
    ****!!!!

I don't agree. Now where did I leave my satchel... :)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    FROSTY wrote:
    steve234 wrote:
    "so cool".
    Give it a rest please.
    ****!!!!

That's what I like to see,
    someone cutting through all the crap!

Well done, steve! -{

FROSTY! Did you comment on the new song?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent
    steve234 wrote:
    "so cool".
    Give it a rest please.
    ****!!!!

Because you obviously know what style and class are? Your posts haven't exactly been classy so far. Have a conversation with some intelligence and then perhaps you'll be qualified to talk about style.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited September 2006
    FROSTY wrote:

Well done, steve! -{
    Well let me make it very clear that AJB as a site does not like to see that kind of attitude being taken with other posters.

Steve234, do be a bit more respectful of members views and opinions. Insults ("silly little school boy") are most certainly not tolerated, and you are in no place to tell anyone on this site to "give it a rest".

So revise the attitude, please, and you'll find your stay is a longer and more pleasant one.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    I think it's a great image!
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

That is an awesome picture. One question though. What does the original poster mean by dogs danglies?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    steve234 wrote:
    So you speak for all at AJB do you?

Actually, as a Mod, Moonraker5 does speak on behalf of AJB. As do I. Which is why I have now banned you from the site; not because we are censoring your opinions, but because we are censoring your childish and agressive way of expressing it. Might I suggest you channel your furies back into your studies, as they're not welcome here.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    That is an awesome picture. One question though. What does the original poster mean by dogs danglies?

There's a British phrase, the dog's b*llocks, which is used to talk about something which is fantastic, or cool. Don't ask me why :D
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:

There's a British phrase, the dog's b*llocks, which is used to talk about something which is fantastic, or cool. Don't ask me why :D

Here is a brief lesson in the origin of the expression 'dogs b*llocks' courtesy of our good friend Wikipedia...

Dog's b*llocks

Another usage with a positive sense is the dog's b*llocks, based on the notion that a dog's b*llocks must taste good, as they spend so much time licking them. Sometimes this is shortened to just "the dog's" or "the b*llocks" (see above).

Although this is a recent term (the Online Etymology Dictionary dates it to 1989[1]), its origins are obscure:

etymologist Eric Partridge believes the term comes from the printers' mark of a colon and a dash;[citation needed]
    another theory suggests it is a spoonerism of 1950's Meccano sets called "box, deluxe", in much the same way that their "box, standard" set name was corrupted to "bog standard", although this etymology is anything but certain.[2]
    "The dog's b*llocks" fits in with several rhyming reduplications of positive meaning that were popular during the 1920s ("the bee's knees," "the cat's pajamas"). More recent expressions that follow the same pattern are "the mutt's nuts" or "the dog's danglies" . A further positive aspect of "the dog's b*llocks" is derived from their prominence or notability, as in the expression "it sticks out like the dog's b*llocks".
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent
    This is probably my favourite thread already: a nice photograph of James Bond; grateful thanks; an action-packed banning of a member; and an explantion of one of my favourite testicle-based phrases. Wonderful stuff! :D
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    This is probably my favourite thread already: a nice photograph of James Bond; grateful thanks; an action-packed banning of a member; and an explantion of one of my favourite testicle-based phrases. Wonderful stuff! :D

And we're only on page 2 ! What other sites have threads of this calibre ?
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited September 2006
    Never mind the b*llocks, this is entertainment :)
    All stirred up by mischief-maker FROSTY! :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:
    And we're only on page 2 ! What other sites have threads of this calibre ?

I think the phrase you're looking for is "testicular fortitude." {:)
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • 999154999154 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    SSSSSOOOOOOOO glad i brought up the aforementioned danglies now, and i have to agree with wikipedia about that explaination as my dog cant leave his alone, in fact hes in mid-lick now. I think the image is a great one and will be iconic (kinicked that from a previous poster becuase i think they hit the nail on the head) in years to come, the guy who was banned (pah, forgot him already) showed his real issue as being a dislike of Craig and not the image itself.
    The king is dead....long live Craig!
    Will all due disrespect to steve234, that comment about Craig sucking on a lemon was pretty much spot on with regards to that picture...

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Here is a brief lesson in the origin of the expression 'dogs b*llocks' courtesy of our good friend Wikipedia...

Dog's b*llocks

Another usage with a positive sense is the dog's b*llocks, based on the notion that a dog's b*llocks must taste good, as they spend so much time licking them. Sometimes this is shortened to just "the dog's" or "the b*llocks" (see above).

Although this is a recent term (the Online Etymology Dictionary dates it to 1989[1]), its origins are obscure:

etymologist Eric Partridge believes the term comes from the printers' mark of a colon and a dash;[citation needed]
    another theory suggests it is a spoonerism of 1950's Meccano sets called "box, deluxe", in much the same way that their "box, standard" set name was corrupted to "bog standard", although this etymology is anything but certain.[2]
    "The dog's b*llocks" fits in with several rhyming reduplications of positive meaning that were popular during the 1920s ("the bee's knees," "the cat's pajamas"). More recent expressions that follow the same pattern are "the mutt's nuts" or "the dog's danglies" . A further positive aspect of "the dog's b*llocks" is derived from their prominence or notability, as in the expression "it sticks out like the dog's b*llocks".

Thanks to both of you.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    steve234 wrote:
    So you speak for all at AJB do you?
    Obviously not Frosty who seems to agree with me.
    And don't dare threaten me by telling me what to say or do. I'm not writing here to meet your approval or to have a pleasant stay. I'm doing it because it's a genuine opinion and I won't cow down and become some Craig worshiping sycophant.
    Sorry to upset your cozy little world but not everyone thinks the sun shines out of Mr Craigs you know what.

He's an ANGRY elf! 8-)

Frosty, I wish you wouldn't encourage people like Steve (much as I always find your posts highly entertaining! ;) )

Back to the picture discussed. Sure this is a new look for Bond, but why is it any more a big deal than Dalton with his big sniper rifle in TLD. Its daft to think an agent wouldn't get to use different types of hardware. Oh and while I think about it, what about Brozzer running around with a machine gun in TND?

I don't know that anyone on the site is saying DC will definately be fantastic, but some of us just want to see the movie first before making a final judgement...
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    words wrote:
    Frosty, I wish you wouldn't encourage people like Steve
    Echoed.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    words wrote:
    Frosty, I wish you wouldn't encourage people like Steve
    Echoed.

Gotta agree too - you do seem to have a lot of time for the 'CNB' approach.
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Steve234, with all due respect...both emtiem and Moonraker5 are trying to convey to you a very subtle distinction.

Its not your opinion which is being questioned...its your attitude. (And please do not deny there was a deliberate attempt on your part to provoke a response with your line about "lowest common denominator")

Your opinion is, of course, as important and appreciated as anyone else's, but always remember that there are more than enough people on this forum who will object to a post that seems hostile in tone (especially your last one).

And there are some members who will NEVER tolerate bad manners, Steve 234.

(As John Wayne says in True Grit: "Son...if you're looking for trouble...I'll accomodate you...otherwise leave it alone")

You are right, Steve234, your opinion does not need to be met with anyone's "approval". However, when you claim that Moonraker5 "threatened" you, my anger starts to slowly build.

Are you kidding me? Someone offers you a little constructive criticism about a post of yours which comes across as being slightly hostile and you have the audacity to question the attitude of a trusted moderator who has OVER 6000 posts to his name! I mean, seriously, you CANNOT be serious.

Look, Steve234, lets not get off on the wrong foot. This is IMO the best Bond forum with the coolest Bond fans on the planet. And one thing these so called "lowest commomn denominator" Bond fans appreciate is sophisticated conversation about the greatest hero in the movies.

And that requires a give and take which is guided by impeccable manners. I say impeccable, Steve234, because, quite simply, Bond's manner are impeccable.
    (An excellent model IMO)

And quite frankly, Steve234, as moderator, it is Moonraker5's job to gently remind any of us when we begin to get out of hand. (Which he did with you) So deal with it.

And one more thing, Steve234, anyone who disagrees with you is a "Craig worshipping sycophant"? Thats the kind of comeback that even a high-schooler debater would be embarassed to use. (That, my friend, is just lazy)

I'm glad you are not jumping on the Craig bandwagon (and all power to you) but there are ways to voice your objection without insulting anyone else's point of view.

So, do us all a favor, and join the conversation when you feel the need to SHARE your point of view (whatever it is) rather than proclaim it to the "lowest common denomibator".

Thanks. BZ

"World domination. Same old dream."
  • MyrddinMerlinoMyrddinMerlino Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    FROSTY wrote:
    steve234 wrote:
    "so cool".
    Give it a rest please.
    ****!!!!

Well done, steve! -{

These are only words, but the facts are a little different.
    Daniel had put life in James Bond as no one had done before him.
    For Pierce Brosnan (!!!) he is the best Bond ever.
    For me, and for milions of others, this is the last word. Forever.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    fisrt, that is a great image.

second. Man, that guy was ANGRY! (steve whatever)

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com