Top 10 Bond chases named

2»

Comments

• Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    They had a special on television over here a few years ago (hosted by Sir Roger Moore) where they counted down the ten best Bond moments or scenes or whatever. The speedboat chase from TWINE actually finished in first place if I remember correctly.

I do think it was probably the most fun set-piece during the Brosnan era personally.

Unfortunately, you remember incorrectly, arthur. How do I know? Because I have a video of 'Best Ever Bond'. The speedboat chase from TWINE actually finished in second place. The top ten was as follows.

1. The Laser Scene - Goldfinger
    2. The Boat Chase - The World Is Not Enough
    3. Honey Rider Emerges From The Sea - Doctor No
    4. The Tank Chase - GoldenEye
    5. Jill Masterson's Gold Painted Body - Goldfinger
    6. The Ski Jump - The Spy Who Loved Me
    7. Tracy's Murder - On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    8. Blofeld Revealed - You Only Live Twice
    9. The Parachute Fight - Moonraker
    10. Bond's Introduction - Doctor No
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Forgive me if I've overlooked this but shouldn't Brosnan's boat chase in TWINE pre-teaser qualify?

I mean the moment Q warns him and the camera shot of the speedboat jetting to the waters below was just awesome.

I don't think the underwater tie-straightening scene should take points away from this chase sequence. ;)

They had a special on television over here a few years ago (hosted by Sir Roger Moore) where they counted down the ten best Bond moments or scenes or whatever. The speedboat chase from TWINE actually finished in first place if I remember correctly.

I do think it was probably the most fun set-piece during the Brosnan era personally.

Well it least it was recognized. {[]
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited October 2006

Unfortunately, you remember incorrectly, arthur. How do I know? Because I have a video of 'Best Ever Bond'. The speedboat chase from TWINE actually finished in second place. The top ten was as follows.

1. The Laser Scene - Goldfinger
    2. The Boat Chase - The World Is Not Enough
    3. Honey Rider Emerges From The Sea - Doctor No
    4. The Tank Chase - GoldenEye
    5. Jill Masterson's Gold Painted Body - Goldfinger
    6. The Ski Jump - The Spy Who Loved Me
    7. Tracy's Murder - On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    8. Blofeld Revealed - You Only Live Twice
    9. The Parachute Fight - Moonraker
    10. Bond's Introduction - Doctor No

But of course the laser scene isn't a chase; which (playing devil's advocate ;) ) de facto makes the TWINE boat sequence the #1 chase... :v Not that I agree with that assessment, since I greatly prefer the LALD boat chase to the one in TWINE...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Not that I agree with that assessment, since I greatly prefer the LALD boat chase to the one in TWINE...
    But don't you think that the chase scene in LALD was far too long?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Dan Same wrote:
    Not that I agree with that assessment, since I greatly prefer the LALD boat chase to the one in TWINE...
    But don't you think that the chase scene in LALD was far too long?

I've never really thought about it...but no :) I like the apparent distance covered by the chase, to say nothing of the Glastrons flying over the road or sliding across the expansive lawns of stately southern homes...and the demise of the last villain/boat is very satisfying...

I think the sequence beginning at the moment when Moore is left on that small island, surrounded by crocs...to the end of the boat chase, is one of the finest Moore Bond sequences on film.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    I dont think that the LALD boat chase is too long, its so high in quality thats its great to watch, and its so real, compared to other chase sequences like the little nellie chase in YOLT which sucks so bad its awful to watch.

Roger Moore is fantastic in the croc and boat chase scenes, especilly when he throws the petrol in the guys face :)
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."