black eye dude

Who was the guy with the black frame in his glasses, at the end, in Venice? He had a hat on, and knda looked like Le Chiffre, but I think Le Chiffre was dead by then.

I guessed he was working with MR White, though Vesper sees him and clearly recognises him. From reading the book, she spots a communist agent following them in the car in south France and realises she is under pressure, but in the film the link wasn't made quite as clear. We are told briefly, in the typical Bond after-the-event information, who she was being made to work for, but the identity of the black eye dude was neve really cleared up.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• crawfordbooncrawfordboon Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    p.s. I thought the Moonrarker scenes in Venice were much more enjoyable than those in CR, though the collapsing building was a nice touch. i guess that was achieved through CGI, but I might be wrong. Kudos to them if not.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    The "black eye dude" is Gettler.

As for the collapsing building in Venice. I could easily be wrong, but I understand the building was a twenty foot high model. I do not know what effects were used regarding it's collapse.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    There was a model that was filmed of the house sinking. However, pictures that Ive seen of the house sinking only have one house on either side, not many. Also, there was no promenade or boats on the water. Methinks they were CGI in.

I recognised him from the book, but all my mates were confused.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I'm not criticizing, but I don't understand why so many people were confused -- Gettler doesn't look at all like LeChiffre to me. I've known people from non-European countries who say except for hair color, white people all look the same to them, but I've known caucasians who were also confused. What is it -- the eye patch?
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    I'm not criticizing, but I don't understand why so many people were confused -- Gettler doesn't look at all like LeChiffre to me.

Yeah, I would have thought a bullet in his head would have convinced most that Le Chiffre was dead !

My group, fans and not fans alike, understood that this was a different character for rendezvous. For a start he was much shorter than Le Chiffre and a slimmer build,