Craig will be presenter at Oscars

LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
Seems the Academy has noticed that Craigger's much remarked-upon face ( :D ) has become known world-wide...he's slated to be a presenter at the Oscars next month:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=4649

This should be cool...it would be great if they could get a few (or all!) of the Bonds together...
Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Comments

• Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    I believe Roger Moore, Sean Connery & Michael Caine once presented an Oscar together, I would like to have seen that.

Let's hope there are no surprises in store for Daniel Craig when he presents the Oscar. Surprises such as when Roger Moore was expecting to present the 1973 Best Actor Oscar to Marlon Brando.

http://www.newsoftheodd.com/article1027.html
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    I saw both of those Oscar events on TV as they happened, MNL...

The first was very cool, especially the moment when Caine, standing between the two, said to Moore (whilst motioning to Connery): "You're not Bond. He's Bond." Moore was a great sport about it all, though, and it was cool having them onstage together.

The second, with Ms Littlefeather, was just...weird, but then so was Brando...
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I would love to see both those happenings.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    The second, with Ms Littlefeather, was just...weird, but then so was Brando...
    It was a weird decade for the Oscars. Robert Opal streaked the Oscars, there was a deaf choir which wasn't deaf, George C. Scott refused his Oscar for (IMO) honourable reasons (he didn't believe that acting was a competition), Jane Fonda read a congratulatory letter from North Vietnam and Vanessa Redgrave made a comment about 'Zionist hoodlums' and was defended by an Israeli director. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    ..But David Niven's commentary on the streaker was priceless...something about public display of 'shortcomings' :)) :)) :))
  • Slyguy3129Slyguy3129 Posts: 58MI6 Agent
    Bloody Hell!

If anyone had either one of those original Telecast and put it on the internet I would be very greatfull.

It would be incredable if the oscar's for Craig went something along these lines.

"The lights dim low almost pitch black. The mumurs of the crowd are the only noise in the auditorium. Sudden (forcefully) the Bond them begins. Craig walks from the right of the screen with the spotlight following him, and approaches the stand. Then everything stops, no lights no sound nothing. Then after about 5 seconds all the lights kick back on and the Bond theme again blares at its climax. But while the lights were out all the previous Bonds (Connery-Brosnan) are now lined up to the left and right of Craig, naturally they are all in Tuxs."

Childish and rather stupid I know. But I would get a huge kick out of it with, I sure, alot of other Bond fans out there. I would really like to see them all up on stage togather cracking little quips back and forth and having a great time. Gives me an idea for a movie. Kind of a "spoof" but having all the Bonds and one movie claming they were the real Bond. Then again that sounds rather stupid. But I would pay to see it lol.
    edited January 2007
    If the producers of the Oscar show are as interested in grabbing an international audience as the above link suggests, a reunion of all the Bond actors would certainly get the job done :007)

As I've said, I think such a reunion would be worthy of a one-hour TV special on its own---quick bios of all six actors, followed by a chat session amongst them, capped off footage of all six sitting for an historic photograph, taken by someone like Annie Liebovitz...

I know, I know: it'll never happen, as I'm sure schedules and logistics---and egos---would get in the way...but as long as these gents are all still alive and self-ambulatory, the dream will persist B-)
    If the producers of the Oscar show are as interested in grabbing an international audience as the above link suggests, a reunion of all the Bond actors would certainly get the job done :007)

As I've said, I think such a reunion would be worthy of a one-hour TV special on its own---quick bios of all six actors, followed by a chat session amongst them, capped off footage of all six sitting for an historic photograph, taken by someone like Annie Liebovitz...

I know, I know: it'll never happen, as I'm sure schedules and logistics---and egos---would get in the way...but as long as these gents are all still alive and self-ambulatory, the dream will persist B-)

It's a lovely dream that will hopefully persist for some time to come. All the Bond actors being alive and well, I see the 50th Anniversary of Dr No in 2012 as probably the one and only occasion where it will be possible to bring them all together. If it does not happen then it will never happen.
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure what the thrill of seeing all the Bond actors on stage at once would be. If it floats your boat that's great. Personally, for me whenever they reunite actors from an old show I spend the time looking at them thinking, "Holy Crap! So-and-so looks absolutely awful!" Like the brunette from Hill Street Blues.

Some of the recent photos I've seen of Moore and Dalton show that the two of them havent physically held up that well and I don't want to remember them as a couple of crappy looking old guys.

They should let Craig have his moment in the sun alone.
    That's like saying that anniversaries shouldn't be celebrated simply because a husband and wife have grown old...sorry, can't accept that...

I really enjoyed the three surviving Beatles getting back together for the 'Anthology' show, and it wasn't in the least dimished by the fact that they didn't look 28 any longer...
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    I agree with Loeff on this. Although I doubt it will ever happen, I think that the idea of getting the six actors to have played Bond is something that could be rather extraordinary. Will some of the actors not lok as great as when they played Bond? Well, yes, since they're older. ;)

I would definitely love to see it but I think there's a better chance of CraigNotBond acknowledging that CR did make a bit of money than the six actors getting together. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    You know you've made it big when you get a chance to present at the oscars. This is great news!

I can just imagine it now:
    Announcer:"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Daniel Craig.
    Everyone in the audience gives a standing ovation as Craig enters center stage with the Bond theme triumphantly playing!
    I believe Roger Moore, Sean Connery & Michael Caine once presented an Oscar together, I would like to have seen that.

I have seen it now thanks to the wonder of You Tube. And you can see it by clicking on the link below.

Roger Moore, Sean Connery & Michael Caine at the 1988 Oscars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4-qwa16Jwo

What a shame they never made a film together.
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Both Craig and Eva Green were presenters at the Oscars last night. I think they should have put them together, but they always want them to push their latest project.

Craig came out with Nicole Kidman and seemed very nervous, read through the nominees at top speed. Eva looked a little odd. I'll try to find pics.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    yea, he did seem real nervous. I wonder why. I mean the man was in a Bond-like tux for goodness sake...why didn't he call on his character? Bond wouldn't be nervous....still i was fun to see him!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Stayed up to watch the Oscars last night/morning. Daniel Craig presented alongside Kidman, never helpful if you're not taller than her and she's wearing heels. Still they seemed easy in each other's company which hopefully bodes well for the two films they are working on together.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Pendragon wrote:
    yea, he did seem real nervous. I wonder why. I mean the man was in a Bond-like tux for goodness sake...why didn't he call on his character? Bond wouldn't be nervous....still i was fun to see him!

~Pen -{

Did my usual bah humbug on the Oscars last night, so I was curious if Craig was there and how it went. I'm kind of glad the Bond experience hasn't turned him into a divo (is that the masculine for diva?)-- yet. I thought the BAFTA award dustup might be such a sign, but that clearly seems like a BS story.
    I thought he seemed extremely uncomfortable. Nicole kept glancing towards him as they walked up to the microphone, and he just glared straight ahead. Being the first out is difficult I'm sure though.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I'm pretty bah-humbug about the Oscars myself. I did peek in a time or two, though--I missed Craig, but I did see Eva Green, who towered over Gael Garcia Bernal. Is she that tall or is he that short (or was Eva just wearing heels)? Anyway, I'm sure someone will be youtubing Craig's Oscar appearance soon enough.

By the bye, what's with Jack Nicholson's shaved head? Is he playing Lex Luthor in the next Superman film?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Wise edit of your post Fish.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Eva Green, who towered over Gael Garcia Bernal. Is she that tall or is he that short (or was Eva just wearing heels)?

He's that short. Lucky he wasn't presenting alongside Kidman. Nice to see Scorsese finally get his Oscar. I'm glad he mentioned Andrew Lau, the director of 'Infernal Affairs,' in his acceptance speech. That was decent of him. Ellen DeGeneres looked a little awkward, but did OK. Moving amongst the audience was a nice touch. Offering Scorsese a script was inspired. Best moment for me though was the audience realising that Ennio Morricone doesn't speak English. There was a stunned silence, then some polite clapping, before Clint Eastwood began to translate. It's the awkward moments like that I love about awards ceremonies. Worst part of the ceremony was the love-in between Leonardo DiCaprio and Al Gore. Get a room guys. When Hollywood starts showing its caring side I want to vomit.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    By the bye, what's with Jack Nicholson's shaved head? Is he playing Lex Luthor in the next Superman film?

It's for a movie he's filming called "The Bucket List". He and Morgan Freeman play two terminally ill men who escape from a cancer ward and head off on a road trip with a wish list of things they want to do before they die. Kinda sounds like that old Timothy Dalton movie "Hawks".

Personally, I loved Jerry Seinfeld's irreverent little monologue before he announced the nominees for best documentary - "All of them are incredibly depressing".
    edited February 2007
    Haha..I agree Tony, Seinfeld was a highlight for me. His whole bit was really funny.

Ellen was great too..she wasn't awkward at all, that's part of her comedy schtick..the stammering and rambling. The show really dragged because they do all the technical awards early, so it's a lifetime before you get to the acting awards.

Was Judi Dench really having knee surgery?
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Monique wrote:
    Haha..I agree Tony, Seinfeld was a highlight for me. His whole bit was really funny.

Ellen was great too..she wasn't awkward at all, that's part of her comedy schtick..the stammering and rambling. The show really dragged because they do all the technical awards early, so it's a lifetime before you get to the acting awards.

Was Judi Dench really having knee surgery?

Don't know about Dench, but what was up with Clint Eastwood? He sounded positively senile when presenting the award to Ennio Morricone.

BTW, for those who missed it, here's a few photos of Craig and Green courtesy of IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2007/gallery/oscar07-show/47?seq=47

http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2007/gallery/oscar07-show/65?seq=65

http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2007/gallery/oscar07-show/66?seq=66
    edited February 2007
    After a search I have found:

Eva Green & Gael Garcia Bernal Present Oscar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBnF268NV8Y

Images of Eva Green at the Oscars

http://www.evagreenweb.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=430
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Fish1941 wrote:
    Excuse me??:)
    Your original post was along the lines of "Who cares?" You edit some of your less tactful, more thoughtless posts and think no one reads them - like one to Dan Same saying "I no longer care" (then pulling him up with a "???" when he responded to your new edited post with "I thought you no longer cared") and your response to me on another saying "I guess I don't" was changed also.

So please don't think your posts go unnoticed before edit, and don't have the audacity to then claim innocence.

I've warned you once, if it goes to a second time, you won't get a third.

And now we'll continue to talk about the Oscars, any issues arising from the above can be via the moderators on PM.
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited February 2007
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Anyway, I'm sure someone will be youtubing Craig's Oscar appearance soon enough.

And here it is.

Daniel Craig & Nicole Kidman Present Oscar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySy4vQfsk0
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Sorry I missed it. Had to work that night. Would've been great seeing Clint and Morricone together.

Finally Scorsese gets his oscar, but it's a hypocritical affair since this feels like make-up-time for his previous entries. He should have won for Taxi Driver, not for Departed, which to be honest isn't all that, Imo.

Congrats to Forrest Whittaker, I've liked him for a long time, as well as the great Alan Arkin, who definitely deserved it.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Anyway, I'm sure someone will be youtubing Craig's Oscar appearance soon enough.

And here it is.

Thanks for the link, MNL...Craig didn't come off badly at all IMO. Quite professional and well-spoken. He spoke a little fast, but when is that a bad thing during the Oscars?
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:

And here it is.

Now it says the link was removed by the user. Sigh.
    Vox clamantis in deserto