Another 'sexiest man' win for Craig

emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
Another 'sexiest man' poll (10,000 readers of New Woman Magazine) has placed Daniel Craig right up the top of what British women want. He's number two behind the combined might of Take That:
http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGalleriesView.aspx?id=1017

But of course, we all know really that he's 'fugly' and that 'no woman I know likes him' etc. These are irrefutable facts. ;)

Comments

• SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    Never argue with the masses, Daniel Craig is officially Considered a very Sexy Male. now how do I go about getting myself on one of these polls?

think I better go to the gym a bit more first though.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    "fugly" indeed :p

I :x Daniel!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Second place isnt really a win is it?

I'm just being picky. I would certainly think that if I even hit the top 50 in a poll like that I would call it a 'win' as well.

I know my wife would certainly put DC at the top of her list of hot men. But I think the Bond character has a lot to do with the attraction women have in him as well. Daniel exudes power, control and confidence in his role as Bond -I think women like that in a man, and it only serves to heighten his ranking.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    Second place isnt really a win is it?

I'm just being picky. I would certainly think that if I even hit the top 50 in a poll like that I would call it a 'win' as well.

I know my wife would certainly put DC at the top of her list of hot men. But I think the Bond character has a lot to do with the attraction women have in him as well. Daniel exudes power, control and confidence in his role as Bond -I think women like that in a man, and it only serves to heighten his ranking.

Keep in mind that it's four-against-one. Figure each woman who voted had a favorite among the four (have no idea who those guys are). Split 'em up, see how they do.

Having said that, how anybody can look at that picture and say Craig doesn't look like a real James Bond might look is beyond me.
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Great, I went back to the site to check out this group of 4 that beat Craig (I've never heard of them before) and my wife saw me surfing the net.

"Whatcha looking at?"
    "Erm. Uh...It's a list of the uh, 100 um...100 sexiest men in the world"
    "WHY THE HECK ARE YOU LOOKING AT THAT?!?!?"
    "Um, it has James Bond in it."

...to which she promptly gives me the "I love you, but you're such an idiot." look.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I get that look a lot...not from your wife, from my GF, lol. :D
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    Great, I went back to the site to check out this group of 4 that beat Craig (I've never heard of them before) and my wife saw me surfing the net.

"Whatcha looking at?"
    "Erm. Uh...It's a list of the uh, 100 um...100 sexiest men in the world"
    "WHY THE HECK ARE YOU LOOKING AT THAT?!?!?"
    "Um, it has James Bond in it."

...to which she promptly gives me the "I love you, but you're such an idiot." look.

We sure suffer for our fandom, don't we? :))
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    I love how I'm the only gal posting on a thread containing "Sexiest Man Alive" and you all have GFs or are married...makes me giggle a bit...lol

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Keep in mind that it's four-against-one. Figure each woman who voted had a favorite among the four (have no idea who those guys are). Split 'em up, see how they do.

HH these blokes were/are a boy/man band (if that makes any sense) - back in the 90's. The frenzy that followed them around was akin to Beatlemania basically. They were the UK equivalent to New Kids on the Block/N Sync or Backstreet Boys. There used to be 5 of them before one left, then they split up, the leaver (Robbie Williams) became an absolute megastar with loads of hits along with being the UK record holder for fastest selling concert tickets ever in this country and then the other 4 (who had basically achieved nothing since the band split) reformed last year, did a massive UK arena tour, released a greatest hits which I believe has gone multi platinum and have just had a new no1 single over here.

The reason that they topped the poll is that the average New Woman reader is late 20's to early 30's, these are the women who were fans the first time round when in the throes of their first crushes and now the boys are men they still find them attractive, mainly because it takes them back to their younger days. The irony is that the lead singer/songwriter is married with kids, one is openly gay, another has kids and I believe is in a long term relationship and the last one is the only available member, about 5 feet tall and is about as manly as the guy who played Pee Wee Herman.

The gist of my ramble is that DC came second to a reignited schoolgirl fantasy - not even he can compete against that!!

(p.s. being gay does give me a tragic genetic affliction for knowledge about boybands/cheesy pop. This in no way reflects on me as a person though. Just wanted to clear that up ;):p)
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Pendragon wrote:
    I love how I'm the only gal posting on a thread containing "Sexiest Man Alive" and you all have GFs or are married...makes me giggle a bit...lol

~Pen -{

You still might be the only gal, but I've never even had a GF. I did get a hug from a girl once, but that was as far as I ever got.

Anyway, for the guys, something like that could be useful for a little... self-comparison....

:o ...yeah.