CR DVD Problems?

delliott101delliott101 Posts: 115MI6 Agent
Is it me?

I bought the CR DVD last week and it took several tries to get it to boot up in my DVD player. I had to wait and press the menu button after about 2 minutes for it to work.

So I brought it back to Wal*Mart for an exchange and the same thing on the replacement disc.

Granted, my Toshiba DVD player is 6 years old, but come on!

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    Either your WalMart got a bad batch (there could have been a manufacturing problem with that particular lot) or your DVD player is having trouble reading dual layer DVD's (older players sometimes trip up with the newer DVD technology).

I'd return it for a refund and try to get one from a completely different store. If the problem persists, then it may be time to look into a new player (they're dirt cheap these days).
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I didn't have a problem with my 3 copies.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    My guess is it's your DVD player. Mine is about four years old and sometimes it has troubles with some discs. Incidently, I don't think you can return any opened DVDs, CDs, and whatnot to Wal-mart. I bought a computer program from W-M and it didn't run on my computer because it was a different format (which I didn't discover until after I opened it. All I could do is exchange it for the exact same thing, so I'm stuck with it). They say the policy is in effect to prevent people from copying the materials and then trying to get their money back. So much for trust.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • delliott101delliott101 Posts: 115MI6 Agent
    The Wal*Marts around here will take ANYTHING back...

I haven't had this problem with any other DVD, including the bonus disc that came with CR. It just doesn't automatically bring up the menu screen. I got the first one from one Wal*Mart and the replacement from another one. Widescreen format.

I guess I can live with it until the rumored "fuller" copy comes out. I would like to hear a little commentary on the DVD...
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    The only problem with my DVD is a SLIGHT skip when Le Chiffre goes outside on the balcony to meet Valenka. But it is hardly noticeable.