Ocean Club Shirt

2»

Comments

• AMDB9AMDB9 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Guys,
    Just came from my local Macy's here in SoCal, all the ALFANI shirts had the rounded bottom, even the non-dress shirts, I.e. not measured by neck size shirts. Bought one anyway, for over $40.00 but then ran into old Navy and found one just as nice for $12.00. Both shirts needs to be tailored to get the square look. BTW, call me crazy but looking at the film again, I believe the shirt DC is wearing upon entry into the Ocean Club looks altered at the bottom to look square. His shirt almost looks a bit puffy, like they tucked the bottom up to square the shirt bottom? 8-) I don't think wardrobe is that lazy but just an observation, especially since it was off the rack! :s
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Your only hopes is if members in the north east get along to their local Macy's and have a look on the Sale Rack for this shirt, the quicker teh better because like so much of teh CR clothing its bount ot be seasons old now...
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    I went to Macy's last night and couldn't find any here in Boston. I couldn't get over how cheesy all of the Alfani stuff is!

A good alternative is any silk black long-sleeve camp type shirt.
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    Myself and perhaps other board members may be able to assist others who are interested in these Alfani shirts. I am able to obtain the silk version on clearance.
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Red Indian wrote:
    I went to Macy's last night and couldn't find any here in Boston. I couldn't get over how cheesy all of the Alfani stuff is!

A good alternatives is any silk black long-sleeve camp type shirt.

HAHA, I couldn't agree more. I checked out some similar Alfani shirts to the CR version and they were terribly cheesy/cheap looking in person. It looked good in the film, but movies can get away with a lot!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    that looked like a really nice shirt on screen to! is their a cheap alternative to the pants hes wearing in that scene?
  • saint-antoinesaint-antoine CanadaPosts: 209MI6 Agent
    No Alfani stuff in my region of the world... can anyone tell me what model this shirt is exactly and if it is available anywhere on the internet ?
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    Hey Mantis,

Can you put up more pictures of this shirt. I'd like to see the tag and a good shot of the collar... to make sure I am tracking down the right thing...

Thanks
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    on the macy's website what shirt should i be looking for?
    edited August 2007
    Can anyone tell me any details about this shirt? As it got a suede/velvety feel to it ? Pictures ? any information would be helpfull...

Is this the right thing ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270157330431
    That looks VERY close did you win? I have the shirt in black relaly need to post some pics soon
    edited August 2007
    Yes I won it... at a crazy low price too... although it was a long shot buying because I sort of bought with my eyes closed as I have almost no information on the genuine thing. So I can't really say how close this shirt is to the real thing. Can you give me a few pointers like original Alfani item number or anything... your pics would be really appreciated... for now, can you at least tell me if it does have a suede/velvet feel to it because it does not show in the movie...
    The one I have has a smooth suede velvety feel and lined with a silky material inside. Im not sure if its the exact one from the movie but according to The Mantis and his contacts this is pretty close.

The mantis has posted some pics on page two of this thread.

Im keeping my eye on ebay for some more
    edited September 2007
    Just got my black Alfani shirt today... it looks like I got the right thing but the hem is uneven whereas it was square cut and sided-notched in the movie. Is it possible that the CR costume departement had the shirt square hemmed especially for the film ? Anyone... Mantis... sruzgar ?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yep, they cut it...the one that Simon/I have was scalloped but needs to be cut and notched...