About the Nike Articulate trainers

saint-antoinesaint-antoine CanadaPosts: 209MI6 Agent
So, after a painstaking search for the right Nike Articulate trainers, I still have not been able to figure out if the pair worn by DC in the CR Venise chase scene is black or navy and if he shoes are made of leather or suede. Does anyone know for certain...

Comments

• mikef37mikef37 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Hi,

In some pictures which are on the web of Dc relaxing on set the trainers appear to be a dark grey ...sorry for this..

anyway Ive been looking for the same trainers and to be honest they are Nigh on impossible to find thooooooo'..

(I posted this on http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com)

"Ive just come back from PRAGUE(THE OLD SPIES STOMPING GROUND..), and while there I went into the nike store on wenslaslas square hoping to find air articulates however what I did find was a pair of AIR AFFECT NL which do seem to bear a really good resemblance to the shoes in the screen shots.. for info they are in a dark grey suede and look quite rugged and the part.. I bought a pair and am more than happy with the similarity..(please note I think Nike produce different shoes for different markets...so they might not show on some of nikes websites..)"

which if you cant find the originals I think these look near as damn it..oh and they are a bloody nice trainer too !!
    M J F
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    8de65a37b542cb7de9ad29c7b177fabb.jpg

Super late, but thanks to the Thunderballs.org archive this is the best look I've ever gotten of these sneakers/trainers. Suede?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    edited November 2018
    8de65a37b542cb7de9ad29c7b177fabb.jpg

Super late, but thanks to the Thunderballs.org archive this is the best look I've ever gotten of these sneakers/trainers. Suede?

Here is a better picture of the Nike Air Articulate II in suede which I think are the correct pair. The Nike logo looks slightly darker but Nike occasionally uses a reflective type of thread that can make the logo look darker than it really is especially when looking at he shoes from an angle. Also the area at the top of the toe box appears to all suede which is different to the black version which uses a synthetic mesh material.

cl016-nike-air-articulate-2.jpg
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Ah, thanks so much!