Quantum Of Solace Fan Art

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    revilo94 wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Now there's a title it seems a good time to kick off a fan art thread! (I couldn't find a previous one; apologies if there is already one)

Here's my first go at a teaser quad:
    Quantum of Solace Teaser 1

Do you like it? :)

I have already made a thread like this!

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=30427

Not really- you started it two months after this one! :)
  • Darth BorkDarth Bork Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    Here are some Bond Blu-ray's that I did:

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9505835
    http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9691589

What do you think?

I took inspiration from emtiem's poster that is found on page 1.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    Darth Bork wrote:

Darth,

have a look at this:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=30947&cpage=2

If that is the official poster, I would say, it is 1:1 to your design for the Movie title.....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    NEW 26th July '08 | You're on Your Own (WIP)
    NEW 26th July '08 | Quantum of Solace Teaser | Version Two
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,516Chief of Staff
    Darth Bork wrote:

The links on these two don't work - or won't work for me anyway.

Some really nice posters there - you certainly have a talent for them -{
    YNWA 97
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,516Chief of Staff
    Darth Bork wrote:

Yep, thanks.

Very good posters too.
    YNWA 97
  • silvirbullitsilvirbullit Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Why Aye Man - it's Canny! I thought this was an
    offical like. Better than MGM efforts ...

Beautiful font that - classic. Where'd ya get it?
    I remember first seeing the 'gun' logo around early 70s when me Nan had just bought me the DB5 by Corgi. Beauty!
    Here's another.

NEW 6th Sept '08 | Quantum of Solace Theatrical Poster
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Nice work -{

I can't help but compare him to Steve McQueen in that photo, and it reminds me of The Great Escape...
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I thought that aswell. Well, a kind of Jason Bourne/McQueen hybrid.
    Darth Bork wrote:
    I thought that aswell. Well, a kind of Jason Bourne/McQueen hybrid.

Nah, never Jason Bourne....:D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Darth that is amazing! ANy chance of doing a poster with him in his navy bar/desert jacket?
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I haven't posted any new fan art on AJB for quite a while now, so just to prove that I haven't disappeared here are a couple of posters that I've made for QOS recently, since the release of the trailer. I hope you enjoy them.

QOS Poster

Teaser
    Oh I love the Teaser (and the first one too) it's just I have that picture of DC on my desk top.

Can I use your teaser poster as my desktop instead....How do I do that?

(please, please :D )
    Lexi wrote:
    Oh I love the Teaser (and the first one too) it's just I have that picture of DC on my desk top.

Can I use your teaser poster as my desktop instead....How do I do that?

(please, please :D )

By all means, please do. You should just be able to right-click on the image in your browser and select 'set as background' or something along those lines. It probably won't be the right size for your screen though. If you let me know your screen resolution I can give a version that is in the right format.
    oh, yes please....let me find out what my screen size is and I'll get back to you.

I've put it on there, but it has to go "centre" as the stretch does weird things! The centre option doesn't fill my screen, and I would like it to!

Thank you, thank you!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    LOVE THE TEASER!!! Is there any way you can do one that can be used to set as a background on the computer...if so I have my new desktop!
    Here's one in 1280x800 format that I made to use as my own desktop background. http://gr007.sitesled.com/images/quantumofsolacedesert.jpg

If anyone wants one in a different aspect ratio eg. 1024x768 then PM me and I can make a plan.

. . . and thanks for the kind words about my fan art!!
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Very Good

You win again Golrush

BTW Do you have posters of all the Bond films on your site yet? (Last time a couple were missing)
    207qoznfl4.gif
    Thanks Sweepy.

No - I haven't done posters for all of the films at this point. Currently, I still haven't done TSWLM, FYEO, TWINE, and DAD.

When I create a create a fan art it is usually because a specific idea has come to mind for a specific film. The main reason that I haven't done posters for these films is that no specific idea has occurred to me, or I had an idea which didn't turn out well. I was working on idea for TWINE last week so I'll try and get that done sometime. I could just produce some kind of generic posters for these just so I have all the films represented on my site, but that idea doesn't really appeal. If I'm going to do the job, I'll make sure I do it properly. But I will definitely work on some ideas for these films.
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    If I designed Quantum henchmen in the video game series:

Quantum Minions

What do you think?
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
    If I designed Quantum henchmen in the video game series:

Quantum Minions

What do you think?

Nice Concepts, however they're a little too Sci-fi for Bond. In fact the middle one looks not too dissimilar to Lobot from The Empire Strikes Back.

lobot.jpg

Great work non the less.
    Nerd trivia: the dead bald actor who played Lobot, also played Blofeld in For Your Eyes Only. :p

I didn't intend these soldiers to be too sci-fi, but are hightech, and give the impression of Quantum being well resourced like SPECTRE, so it could have its operatives be as heavily equipped as NATO soldiers.

Here are two Ken Adam style drawings inspired by another source, but Bond style anyway, that I've done:

Underground Office

Throne Chamber

What do you think?
    Here is a drawing of recent Bond villains (from left to right)Dominic Greene, Mr. White & Le Chiffre.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    The Underground Office looks similar to the design of the SPECTRE conference room in TB.
    NEW 1st October | Quantum of Solace Theatrical 001

Comments are more than welcome.