Licence to Kill Shoulder Holster

I was thinking of making a run of the shoulder holster that Timothy Dalton wore in LTK. The original rig was made by Galco and was called the Falcon. It was discontinued by the time the film was released in 1989.

The holster will be a faithful reproduction. The only difference will be that this version will feature a better suspender type clasp than the original Galco version. I will only be offering it for the PPK at this time. I was making one for myself the other day and thought maybe some of you guys might like to have one.

I can post a pic or 2 if there is any interest.

Josh

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    jbholsters wrote:
    I was thinking of making a run of the shoulder holster that Timothy Dalton wore in LTK. The original rig was made by Galco and was called the Falcon. It was discontinued by the time the film was released in 1989.

The holster will be a faithful reproduction. The only difference will be that this version will feature a better suspender type clasp than the original Galco version. I will only be offering it for the PPK at this time. I was making one for myself the other day and thought maybe some of you guys might like to have one.

Josh

This should be quite a poplular item. Many people here have been after this holster, and had to settle for the Null SMZ. Look forward to seeing some pics.

Here's the original, only a handful were ever made.

Falcon.jpg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    I am interested - please post pics - thank you!
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    I'd be interested too.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Asp9mm wrote:
    jbholsters wrote:

Josh

This should be quite a poplular item. Many people here have been after this holster, and had to settle for the Null SMZ. Look forward to seeing some pics.

Here's the original, only a handful were ever made.

Falcon.jpg

That is indeed interesting. I was under the impression that it was a Ken Null holster, not Galco. I'm interested depending on price.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • jbholstersjbholsters Posts: 179MI6 Agent
    I'm waiting for the order of suspender clips, then I'll post some pics.

DG, the holster body design was originally made by Paris Theodore of Seventrees and ASP fame. When he went out of business he trained and gave Ken his designs and equipment. Galco decided to make a similar holster in the late 80's. The construction of the holster and harness differs from what Ken offers. Unfortunately for Galco, the patent had not run out for Theodore's design and the patent holder, one Mr. Katz, forced Galco to stop making the rig.

The holster (Falcon) is lined with smooth leather inside and out, with the polymer sandwiched between. The harness on the Falco was lined as well. So I will offer 2 options. One version with the lined harness and one with an unlined harness for those more budget minded. The holster will still be lined however. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the prices here or not. So if someone could let me know that would be great. Otherwise, PM me and I will quote a price.

Josh
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty sure you can post a price. I'd be interested depending on price.
    I love Nulls SMZ, truly THE only comfortable shoulder rig that I have encountered. Can't wait to view this little gem.
    The version with the unlined harness will be $125.00.

The fully lined model will run $200.00.

ASP9mm, the only problem with Null/Seventrees SMZ design is that the harness is really uncomfortable.
    jbholsters wrote:

ASP9mm, the only problem with Null/Seventrees SMZ design is that the harness is really uncomfortable.

Yes it is, I added a little elastic on the offside.

Great price by the way Josh, I'm in.
    Thanks ASP. Since I have no intention of selling these to the masses, I'm pretty much going to break even on these with the costs of materials and having the clicker dies made.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Just seen this thread....wow...I'm in....

Also, I have an original, if it helps with measurements etc...let me know if you need pics/measurements

hell, maybe Srugar could know up a measurement website :s
    edited March 2008
    I just sent you an e-mail Ke02eww. Thanks for the offer

Josh
  • maddyhindmaddyhind UKPosts: 106MI6 Agent
    if its not too late i'd be interested
    It's not too late. I'm waiting on a member to get back to me about tracing one of the originals so I can make sure the pattern is correct.
    Could you make one for an ASP. Er, not me, the gun :D
  • maddyhindmaddyhind UKPosts: 106MI6 Agent
    jbholsters wrote:
    It's not too late. I'm waiting on a member to get back to me about tracing one of the originals so I can make sure the pattern is correct.

fantastic.thanks
  • HoffersHoffers Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Did you ever make these and have you still got any left Im in the UK.
  • Gui007Gui007 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Hello everyone!

I wish to know where can I find today, a copy of this "Galco Falcon" holster worn by James Bon on the LTK movie.
    Thanks !
    Gui007 wrote:
    Hello everyone!

I wish to know where can I find today, a copy of this "Galco Falcon" holster worn by James Bon on the LTK movie.
    Thanks !

You can't. The closest would be Ken Null's SMZ holsters from which the Falcon was copied