Server Upgrade

SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
Just to give you all advance warning, the site will experience some down time on the 17th June. Hopefully this time will be minimsed but is an unfortunate side effect of the major server upgrades that are planned.

The upgrades will mark the start of a major redevelopment of the site so it's a great step forward and we appreciate your understanding.

I will keep you updated, this is just a pre warning!
Simon

Comments

• SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    The above move was unfortunately postponed, however it (or something similar at least) is being undertaken over the next couple of days.

Therefore this is a warning that there may well be some downtime while things are moved about. We are only expecting about 10-15 mins assuming all goes well.
    Simon
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    Didn't know where to post this so i will post it here on the top of the site there is a big long line there can anyone else see it and server seemed to be down for me just then is anyone else having these problems.
    Is it still doing it or does it now say Quantum of Solace with the release date for your country in it?

If yes then when it was down was me breaking it, if not then it's still broken and I need to fix it!
    Simon
    the banner has changed to a christmass hat. :))
    it is all aright now it says Quantum of solace and the banner is back to normal it was an Christmas one. :o
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    The Quantum of Solace banner works for me too, but I'm in the UK and not the USA which it says as the release date there!

:s
    It says the 31st for me thats right. :)
    Tilly that will be because your browser / operating system is set up wrongly.

It pulls the data from the information your browser allows the site to access, i.e.e your language and country.

So somewhere along the lines your browser is telling the site it's in America, I will put information on how to check it all in a minute.

As for the Christmas thing that was my mistake sorry!
    Simon
    The Quantum of Solace banner works for me too, but I'm in the UK and not the USA which it says as the release date there!

Please see this topic here for details on how to fix any country errors:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=31449
    Simon
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Thanks Sico!

Seems to have sorted itself out now, all fine!

{[]
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    I like the new look on the banner Si!
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    I like the new look on the banner Si!

yes me too....I think it looks great... :007)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony