Bond 23 Title

Comments

• SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    I imagine after all the 'controversy' over QOS's title (people still dont understand what it means!) I think the producers will play it safe and possible come up with an original title that people can understand instantly. So basically; To Die Is Just Another Way or The Time To Die Today.
    Obviously I'd much rather have a Fleming based title; Risco works well, though simply using a novel chapter title would be good.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    I've got my heart set on "Property of a Lady." I don't think it would register the same type of confusion that Quantum did. I used to think it was cold of british publishers to change titles for us dumb Americans across the pond, but it turns out it's true. Most of us here don't know what either quantum or solace mean. And we've even got a handfull of extremely special cases that don't even know what "of" means. As for titles with "Death," I've really had my fill. It's time for some originality. You can be engaging and cool without having to say Die or Kill every other movie.
  • Mr BoldmanMr Boldman Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    didn't Fleming also title book chapters, as was the practice in those days? If so, then a title could come from there given the fact that the "sound" of a title seems more important than the film's plot having anything to do with the original Fleming story.

And there were some good ones; 'Death for Breakfast', 'Killing Time', 'Blood and Thunder' and 'The Death Collector' (although there's rather a lot of Death around).

Having said that, I'm a fan of 'Property of a Lady', with all the possibilities that could open up. Never been keen on 'Risico'. It sounds like a brand of biscuit.

There's another title Fleming wanted to use but never got around to, but which the estate are about to attach to some of his writings (I forget which ones) - 'Talk of the Devil'.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    I'm (allmost) willing to bet the next movie will be titled "Property of a Lady" or "Risico". they have gone to great lenghts (Quantum of Solace) to use Flemming titles after Craig became Bond, both are cool but not typical for an action movie and they contain one or two o's.
    "A Whisper of Hate", "Talk of the Devil" and "The Death Collector" are all Flemming titles that could be used too. Perhaps "the Death Collector" with the caste of death written in? "The Hildebrand Rarity" seems too strange, but we said that of Quantum of Solace too ...
    For me the word Hildebrand sounds like something out of a Wagner opera, not an action film.
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    How about this one:

Special Training Under Personal Individual Discretion.
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    I want the next film to be the quieter, sleuthy, classy Bond. Where he plays a sophisticated spy more than an action hero. More of an epic espionage film...

The chances of that happening are slim. They've created a new-era Bond, why would they suddenly go back to the way it was before?

:)
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    jorgem wrote:
    How about this one:

Special Training Under Personal Individual Discretion.

:))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,294Chief of Staff
    Agent Wade wrote:
    I've got my heart set on "Property of a Lady."

Me too. It's got the right sound, and contains double 'o's to incorporate the 007 symbol into the marketing. And, of course, it's Fleming.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited November 2008
    I want the next film to be the quieter, sleuthy, classy Bond. Where he plays a sophisticated spy more than an action hero. More of an epic espionage film...

The chances of that happening are slim. They've created a new-era Bond, why would they suddenly go back to the way it was before?

Well, IMRO, it hasn't been that way for quite a long time ;) But the primary reason would be that it's counterintuitive---which seems to be the current regime's raison d'etre... B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    I remember reading somewhere over the summer that the crew was scouting locations in New York, so Bond in New York could be a possibility. Although it was a very short story, really with very little plot, it would allow for an original script. As well it fits with the two O's. Kind of a silly title though. My vote is for Risico.
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    I can't help thinking they'll be determined to go with something simple and striking - even catchy - next time around. I've been amazed at how many people here in Canada don't know what "quantum" OR "solace" mean - and how many are pronouncing it "soul-ace" (yikes!) If B & M really do have their fingers - and interests - on the gen-pub pulse, they may decide to be very straightforward on the next one, even though it could mean forfeiting an opportunity to use a Fleming title. Or the success of QOS could show them that the title is largely irrelevant as long as people know it's a Bond movie.
    They could just call it "007".
    royalmile wrote:
    . . . and how many are pronouncing it "soul-ace" (yikes!) . . .

The movie theater manager said that the night I went to go see QOS. He said that the 10:30 showing of Quantum of Soul-ace had sold out. Oy! 8-)
  • BentleyBentley Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    "they could just call it 007"

That's what I say. Take '007 in New York' as the starting point and shorten it down to '007'.

That still leaves 3 Fleming originals for later use all of which, the more you dwell on them post-Quantum seem to work.

'007' would fall into the 'Licence to Kill' category of title i.e. an authentic Bond phrase/slogan (like Shaken Not Stirred etc - not that that is necessarily a good title) as well as covering off the awkward short story.

It could make sense thematically as Craig's version is now fully paid up '00' after the 2-film 'opener'...

Rumours of NY in the next one anyway...
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    Due to its quickfire editing, QoS should have borrowed the title of De Niro's new comedy: What Just Happened

HEY! 4500 POSTS!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    I've said before that '007' would be a fitting title. If what is expected of the next film is true--that he got his revenge and has now finally become the 'Bond' identity--then it makes sense.

It goes with the current trend of titles like 'The Dark Knight' and 'Man of Steel'.
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    Shatterhand. This was Blofeld's alias in the novel "You Only Live Twice." Perhaps we could have a Guntrum Shatterhand at the head of the Quantum organization. Bond, in destroying Shatterhand and Quantum, could then move on to other things.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I've said before that '007' would be a fitting title. If what is expected of the next film is true--that he got his revenge and has now finally become the 'Bond' identity--then it makes sense.

It goes with the current trend of titles like 'The Dark Knight' and 'Man of Steel'.

Gads. . .we've already got people screaming that Bond is ripping off the Bourne movies. The last thing we want is people saying he's ripping off Barman and Supes. I say Bond shouldn't follow any particular cinematic trend.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Nightmare Land.

This is the title of the story I'm working on, which I'm hoping Eon will film ... (Yeah, I know. Won't happen in a million years. It was fun to indulge in a little dreaming, though :) )
  • AGENT57AGENT57 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    The next film will be called: "The Man With The Golden Eyes Only Lives to Kill and Never Dies"
    AGENT57 wrote:
    The next film will be called: "The Man With The Golden Eyes Only Lives to Kill and Never Dies"

That is full of Special High Intensity Training!
    edited November 2008
    Hardyboy wrote:

Gads. . .we've already got people screaming that Bond is ripping off the Bourne movies. The last thing we want is people saying he's ripping off Barman and Supes. I say Bond shouldn't follow any particular cinematic trend.

{cough!!}Star Wars begets Moonraker{cough!!}
  • maxwell7maxwell7 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello guys. I'm new to the site. I have been an avid James Bond fan since I saw The Spy Who Loved Me in 1977. In my humble opinion, a good title for the Bond 23 is Nobody Lives Forever.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    AGENT57 wrote:

I think that's pretty catchy! The songwriter would have half the lyrics already written for them!
    How about this one?
    Waste Management And Quantum
  • another way to dieanother way to die Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    i like narnia guys title very catchE

these are lame titles i made up

1.live and let cry

2.revenge

3.the start of something new

4.ANOTHER WAY TO CRY

5.QUANTUM TO SPARE

6.the time to cry

7.i hate to make you pay

8. VESPER ITS TIME TO SAY HAY

9.YOU KILLED VESPER ITS TIME TO PAY

10.I KNOW YOUR NAME

11.you mess with her you mess with bond
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Nightmare Land.

This is the title of the story I'm working on, which I'm hoping Eon will film ... (Yeah, I know. Won't happen in a million years. It was fun to indulge in a little dreaming, though :) )

This movie is now playing here:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=32083

:D
    edited December 2008
    i like narnia guys title very catchE

these are lame titles i made up

1.live and let cry

2.revenge

3.the start of something new

4.ANOTHER WAY TO CRY

5.QUANTUM TO SPARE

6.the time to cry

7.i hate to make you pay

8. VESPER ITS TIME TO SAY HAY

9.YOU KILLED VESPER ITS TIME TO PAY

10.I KNOW YOUR NAME

11.you mess with her you mess with bond

My Spoof Bond Titles

Dr. Blow
    From Mexico With Love
    Moldfinger
    Chunderball
    You Only Eat Mice
    On Her Majesty's Stripper Service
    Dynamites Are Forever (or Diamonds Are For Trevor)
    Live And Get Laid
    The Man With The Golden Glue Gun (or The Fan With The Golden Gun)
    The Spy Who Shoved Me (or The Spy Who Bleeped Me)
    Moonfaker
    For Your Arse Only
    Quartopussy (or Megapussy)
    A View To A Drill
    The Living Twilights
    Licence to Drill
    FrozenEye (or MoltenEye or GoldenLie)
    Tomorrow Never Lies
    The Cave Is Not Enough (or The Galaxy Is Not Enough)
    Lie Another Day (or Fry Another Day or Fly Another Day)
    Cantina Royale
    Quantum of Clearance
  • another way to dieanother way to die Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    sweet titles

live and let try . bond
    My made-up Bond titles

Special High Intensity Training
    Employee Attitude Training
    Retire Age Personnel Early
    Special Training Under Personal Individual Discretion
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Jorgem, how many times are you going to post those oh-so-funny "titles" that spell out scatalogical and nasty words? They are NOT funny (the "RAPE" one is downright offensive), people have complained about them, and they are juvenile. DO NOT POST THEM AGAIN. One more time and you're out of here, get it?
    Vox clamantis in deserto