Search function

HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
Hello all,

when I am using the "advanced" search function, I almost always don't get, what I want.

As an example: Advanced search. I am leaving everything open, just searching for my posts, which are older than 1 week.

The newest found post is from 9th August (which is not correct) and I can't access the second 20 hits. It stops with the first 20 hits and if I am trying to access the second page, it doesn't work.

The "older" than 1 week function seems not to work properly either.

Or is it just me doing something wrong?

And, may I add: If I am forwarded to a topic, which consists of e.g. 30 pages, it would be helpful to be forwarded dircetly to the found post and not to the beginning of the thread, which is eventually years old.
President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Comments

• SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    edited August 2008
    Sorry for not answering before I appear to have missed it. It's been discussed a lot before, basically the search is broken, it doesn't work and behaves erratically. I am aware of the problem and haven't been able to fix it yet.

I suggest you use the Google search which is displayed at the top of the advanced search page.

I can only apologise for the problem and let you know it's not been forgotten it's just not high on the agenda as it needs a lot of work and as the whole site is being rewritten at the moment anyway it seems better to concentrate on that and get it all working properly in one go.
    Simon
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    sorry for not answering before I appear to have missed it. It's been discussed a lot before, basically the search is broken, it doesn't work and behaves erratically. I am aware of the problem and haven't been able to fix it yet.

I suggest you use the Google search which is displayed at the top of the advanced search page.

I can only apologise for the problem and let you know it's not been forgotten it's just not high on the agenda as it needs a lot of work and as the whole site is being rewritten at the moment anyway it seems better to concentrate on that and get it all working properly in one go.

Hell SiCo,

no reason to aoplogize, I know, that you guy are brilliant and very busy.

I have only been worrying, if it has been me being not able to use the advanced search function.

Greets

... but what really disappointed me, that I have never received my golden watch (a golden GUN would do it also...) for my 500th post on AJB, not even a reply on my post.. :#

• Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    ... but what really disappointed me, that I have never received my golden watch (a golden GUN would do it also...) for my 500th post on AJB, not even a reply on my post.. :#

Congratulations on your 500th post!!!Here's to 500 more!!! {[] {[] :)
    :D {[]